Polywell = WMD?

If polywell fusion is developed, in what ways will the world change for better or worse? Discuss.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

rexxam62,

Let me put this another way.

Think of all the tons of material that will have to be produced. All the tons of Earth that will have to be moved. All the concrete that will need to be poured. All the stuff that will have to be shipped and installed.

Or another point.

I was talking hybrids in 1998. There is just starting to be a significant market.

Any one can do a one of auto in a lab and talk about a bright future. The hard part is rolling out 500 million. First you need to make tools. Then you make components. Then assemblies. Then assembled autos. Each step of the way requires more tooling. Tooling takes time. Ever check the lead time on a punch and die set? Tens of thousands of them will be required.

If most of the components at each step are new then you are talking 2 to 3 years for each step.

Add more time if you are starting a new industry where the supply chain is weak.

If you have never tried to organize and schedule a supply chain you have no idea.

Indrek

Post by Indrek »

rexxam62 wrote:If it creates chaos in their countries and they try to take it out on Israel just neutron bomb them. Even if America and Europe wont need Middle East in the future EU/USA will back up Israel so its no problem.
Neutron bomb countries? In my book that's called genocide. You advocate genocide?

I thought I was right wing until I met you people :shock:

The concentration of crazies in this forum is growing exponentially. I'm starting to feel like maybe it's time to move on. Sad but I guess this is the Internet.

I'm not really interested in politics. Geopolitical (and weapons technology) implications perhaps but that's about it. MSimon is right of course. No matter what - we'll be needing oil for a long time to come, plenty of time for transition for everyone.

Please all the crazy and mentally unstable people. Go somewhere else. I know. Asking like this is futile but it's the only thing I can think of. Push your retarded political agendas somewhere else.

No need to reply. I won't bite. The question up there was of a rhetorical nature.

- Indrek

PMN1

Post by PMN1 »

rexxam62 wrote:PMN1

Islam is not a race. So if you criticize it you are not a racist. Just like criticizing Israel is not being anti semitic.
Doesn't stop people from doing so, believe me...

:)

PMN1

Post by PMN1 »

Indrek wrote:I'm not really interested in politics. Geopolitical (and weapons technology) implications perhaps but that's about it. MSimon is right of course. No matter what - we'll be needing oil for a long time to come, plenty of time for transition for everyone.
Ironically as price falls due to the gradually reducing demand, this puts the low cost ME wells at an advantage, assuming nothing happens to put them out of reach for a while (accident at Bushewr anyone??), and in greater control of the reducing demand.

jlumartinez

Post by jlumartinez »

I agree Indrek. Stop political ideas; this a Polywell forum. This forum is becoming plenty of fanatics. Hatred only generates hatred.

Fanaticism (doesn´t matter which one) is the cause of all the wars. There are some fanatics in the ME but the same are also in USA and in everywhere. Each ones has their own reasons which they believe to be the TRUTH. Only if we eliminate fanaticism we will stop conflicts.

As Martin Luther King I had also a dream ...

rexxam62

Post by rexxam62 »

PMN1
Yeah religion, racism etc. These are just tools people use against other people they do not like today.

Indrek
Dont confuse defense with genocide. :D

Anyway this is why I dont want to participate in a political discussion because it creates conflicts no matter what. :roll: