Polywell and Ionocraft

If polywell fusion is developed, in what ways will the world change for better or worse? Discuss.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

EmField57

Post by EmField57 »

Any progress on this Prof Science? I think the subject is rather interesting and I'm working on some different concepts regarding increasing the efficiency of the lifter such as using solid dielectrics instead of air.

Tyler Jordan

Re: Polywell and Ionocraft

Post by Tyler Jordan »

I've been reading on the Biefeld-Brown effect and how it was supposedly debunked as a gravitational effect and now appears to be considered an ion-wind effect by the mainstream ... but ...doesn't Brown's very first experiment with a Coolidge tube (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrogravitics#Origins) prove that it's not ion wind? The tube is an enclosed vacuum tube and the tube itself is being weighed on a scale. If there is an ion wind of some sort - even under vacuum - it's irrelevant - as that wind is inside the tube and it is the tube as a whole being weighed! So how do the nay-sayers explain that as ion-wind?

I've not found where this original experiment has been debunked.
Last edited by Tyler Jordan on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE OPEN POLYWELL FUSION CONSORTIUM
http://protonboron.com

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Tyler Jordan, a few sanity checks about your electro-gravity hypothesis:
- does the effect give a 1/r^2 distance scaling?
- does the effect produce force proportionate to mass, independent of what the mass is made of?
- Are there any tests that might support your hypothesis over accepted gravity theory?
- for the above tests, is there a reason it hasn't been noted before?
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

Tyler Jordan

Post by Tyler Jordan »

It's not my hypothesis ... it's the Biefeld-Brown effect. It came along well before me - so please don't call it my hypothesis. The electro-gravitics theory was supposedly debunked .. but I can't find where the original experiment was debunked - so it's very curious. Appararently they use a nearly identical technology on the B2 stealth bomber for 'stealth' purposes, not for propulsion ... but who knows. I posted here as I saw another on this thread had mentioned the effect and am looking for some way to debunk the electro-gravitics theory, specifically in regard to the original experiment with a Coolidge vacuum tube on a scale -- as opposed to the accepted ion-wind theory.

It seems if the tube becomes lighter, then it is a gravitational effect is it not? The tube is made of glass - a good insulator, so not possible for an ion wind outside the tube.

Tyler Jordan

Post by Tyler Jordan »

I don't know - maybe the whole first experiment was B.S. I guess unless someone does that test or similar again, then no way to know for sure. Brown did do subsequent tests in a vacuum, but I suspect the scale was inside the vacuum chamber. BTW, it did still work in the vacuum chamber, but the ion-wind theory people insisted it wasn't a good enough vacuum and that there were still plenty of ion inside to give it lift.

Anyway, if anyone knows anything, I'm curious to hear it.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Not only would the tube need to be physically isolated. It would also need to be electrically shielded. To avoid electrostatic attraction.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.