Using atmosphere as propellant

Discuss the technical details of an "open source" community-driven design of a polywell reactor.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

DeltaV
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby DeltaV » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:52 pm

DeltaV
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Using atmosphere as propellant

Postby DeltaV » Tue May 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Now on to the Boron-11 version...

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Wed May 22, 2013 2:20 am

And the stores were?
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » Wed May 22, 2013 3:19 pm

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Wed May 22, 2013 3:30 pm

stores = payload

<I did smile>
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » Wed May 22, 2013 5:01 pm

What, no guffaw?

The stores are where the kerosene fuel used to be, before switching to milligrams of H and B11.

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Wed May 22, 2013 7:41 pm

<guffaw>

<chokes back chuckle> More Ordnance is never bad, unless you are trying for V/STOL. For VTOL, no stores is the general word.

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » Thu May 23, 2013 3:58 am

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Thu May 23, 2013 11:07 am

I am stuck in the Power Density era.

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » Thu May 23, 2013 3:40 pm

OK, we'll mark you down as "zero faith" in future high-MW/GW Polywells.

Please stop wearing the "Aneutronic Fusion Now" T-shirt and return your Boron-11 fuel storage key fob.

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Thu May 23, 2013 8:51 pm

I didn't say I didn't want out of the Power Density era. Just that for now, I am stuck in it. I hope soon to escape.
Do I really have to give up my key card?

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » Thu May 23, 2013 11:56 pm

Not a key card, such as one might use to access a vast, underground kerosene storage depot.

A key fob, containing within all the milligrams of B11 fusion fuel you might need.

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:44 pm

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:55 pm

DeltaV

Re:

Postby DeltaV » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:51 pm

Attachments
LaserGuidedArcOver3m.png
LaserGuidedArcOver3m.png (216.97 KiB) Viewed 8067 times

Return to “Design”