Ritchie Incognito Suspended

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Schneibster

Ritchie Incognito Suspended

Post by Schneibster »

What he did looks a lot like what happened on this site.

It's not OK in workplaces, it's illegal harassment.

But it's OK here.

Whatever.

Incognito called his enemy a "half-nigger" and threatened to "shit in his mouth."

This to a guy on his own team.

Not even that: on the same offensive line with him.

This person should never play another down in the NFL. There is no place for this.
We need a directorate of science, and we need it to be voted on only by scientists. You don't get to vote on reality. Get over it. Elected officials that deny the findings of the Science Directorate are subject to immediate impeachment for incompetence.

Schneibster

Re: Ritchie Incognito Suspended

Post by Schneibster »

Here's what Incognito left on phonemail:

"Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of s---. I saw you on Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. s--- in your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. F--- you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

I have no doubt there will be those here who claim it's all fine.
We need a directorate of science, and we need it to be voted on only by scientists. You don't get to vote on reality. Get over it. Elected officials that deny the findings of the Science Directorate are subject to immediate impeachment for incompetence.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

So how many Libertardians here have created a hostile workplace?

From what I've seen I'm guessing at least ten.

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

Myself I wonder if this man's outburst might have something to do with CME?
Of the football player brains studied, including an 18 year old, something like 98% show unmistakable signs of CME.

Some symptoms are just what seems to be going on here.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

jgarry

Post by jgarry »

The line is just so narrow between skinhead thuggery and lighthearted hazing.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

Stubby wrote:Myself I wonder if this man's outburst might have something to do with CME?
Of the football player brains studied, including an 18 year old, something like 98% show unmistakable signs of CME.

Unfortunately it wasn't an outburst. More like a habit.

Couldn't find CME. Did you mean chronic post-concussion syndrome?

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

jgarry wrote:The line is just so narrow between skinhead thuggery and lighthearted hazing.
No it's not. This was well over the line.

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

It seems that the team asked Incognito to 'toughen up' his teammate because he was not attending the optional practices.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

Stubby wrote:It seems that the team asked Incognito to 'toughen up' his teammate because he was not attending the optional practices.
They didn't ask him to harass him.

The teammate left due to an anxiety attack. Incognito impaired his ability to play; that surely was not the intended effect.

jgarry

Post by jgarry »

Of course the line isn't narrow between hazing and skinhead harassment. Sarcasm.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

jgarry wrote:Of course the line isn't narrow between hazing and skinhead harassment. Sarcasm.
Well, use smilies that way mistakes won't happen. Apologies.

jgarry

Post by jgarry »

:idea:

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

Schneibster wrote:
Stubby wrote:Myself I wonder if this man's outburst might have something to do with CME?

Unfortunately it wasn't an outburst. More like a habit.

Couldn't find CME. Did you mean chronic post-concussion syndrome?
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

The acronym is CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy)

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... of-denial/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Denial
NYTimes wrote:The results reported that Alzheimer's disease or similar diseases appear to have been diagnosed in former NFL players vastly more often than in the general population at a rate of 19 times the normal rate for men ages 30 through 49.The NFL responded to these results by claiming the study was incomplete.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

There was some kind of a nasty flu or rhinitis or something that ran up the West Coast early this year.

I had it in California in December and January. It reminded me very strongly of a Russian Flu I had when I was seventeen; lots of throwing up. Since I have heart disease, when my chest started to hurt I called the ambulance. I fought it off in the ensuing hours, and spent the next two days drinking 7up and bouillon.

By the time it got up the Coast to Oregon it was March; and my Dad caught it. It must be a genetic weakness. It scarred his esophagus, and he couldn't eat so he was starving; meanwhile the constant throwing up caused tiny strokes all over his brain. It's not an ordinary stroke with massive debility in one area; it's small amounts of loss everywhere. He's just stupider.

He had to learn, for example, to read again. Understand that this is a man who read like I read; two or three books a week every week of his life.

I don't think that's what happened to Ritchie Incognito.

I am watching this situation develop. I'm not as sure Ritchie Incognito is as "guilty" as many people think he is. I'm not sure he knew any better, and was trying to take on a heavy load he wasn't qualified to handle, and made a very bad mistake.