10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

rcain

Re: 10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Post by rcain »

Betruger wrote:... so can we look inside that black box yet?
what's your best guesse at the answer to that?

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

I dunno, is Schrodinger's cat dead or alive? This Rossi prick's gonna pull a Starlite. For all the brain time sunk, we're gonna get zero data returns. Maybe it's just me, but that just chaps my ass. Even if the answer seems so obvious.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Well, I don't think he is dead yet. But he sure is still full of shit. This sure does not read like he has sold anything yet, nor is anything ready to be sold.
Andrea Rossi
December 3rd, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Dr Joseph Fine:
I feel guilty to treat you badly…but I hope you understand that our policy is not to talk of a product that is not mature for the market, because subject to a rigorous period of validation, during which we also are refining the technology. We are collecting an enormous amount of data that shapes the technology by the day, generating patent applications by the week. Anyway:
1- We are trying many different dimensions of the modules, and the final dimensions of the industrial plants will depend on the final choice we will make, based on the results ( that, remember, could be positive, but also negative)
2- respect the numbers you cited many things can change: maybe the dimensions will be the same, maybe smaller, but nothing is still defined
3- superior powers may be reached easily just putting modules together
Let’s atart the wishes period later: allow me the illusion to have more time at disposal for my work before the end of the year…time is faster than me, darn!
Warm Regards,
A.R.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Axil wrote:The ECAT 1MW plant is now available on the market

http://ecat.com/ecat-products/ecat-1-mw
A bit of a damper from E-Cat World, of all places:
For some reason, there has been a surge in interest over the last couple of days in a page on Ecat.com where the 1MW low temperature E-Cat reactor is listed for sale. As I mentioned yesterday, this page is not new — in fact it has been on Ecat.com for about a year and a half — but for some reason the link has been picked up by numerous blogs as if it is a new development.
Andrea Rossi wrote:We are collecting an enormous amount of data that shapes the technology by the day, generating patent applications by the week.
Unless my memory is mistaken, which is entirely possible, Rossi was generating new patent applications back in early 2012, over 18 months ago.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Axil

Post by Axil »

It has been shown that information can be converted into energy:

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/42 ... hysicists/

Entangled Particles Break Classical Law of Thermodynamics, Say Physicists

The Ni/H reactor may be a system where entanglement is converted into energy.

Here are reasons why entanglement can be converted into energy. The preferred state of the plasmons exciton is entanglement. When plasmons are formed under the proper topological conditions, the plasmons entangle with extreme vigor. If plasmon entanglement is formed faster than an energy extracting de-coherence process can destroy it, might it not be possible that the Ni/H reactor can extract energy out of the Higgs field (aka vacuum energy) for free?

There is every indication that the Ni/H reactor remains entangled when in the process of energy production. These indications include gamma ray thermalization using entangled superatoms and super-fluidic heat transfer.

While not considering how it is done in detail, is it true to say that an entangled thermodynamic system will extract energy from the vacuum?

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

Ivy Matt wrote:
Andrea Rossi wrote:We are collecting an enormous amount of data that shapes the technology by the day, generating patent applications by the week.
Unless my memory is mistaken, which is entirely possible, Rossi was generating new patent applications back in early 2012, over 18 months ago.
It occurs to me that LENR research might gain wider acceptance if discussions involving Rossi could be left out of the picture. If signore Rossi really does have something, he'll do just fine no matter what the forums say. Heaven knows, he hasn't been entirely forthcoming on the details of his operation, including business associations. In other words, he doesn't need the buzz on the forums to accomplish ends.

It's a shame really that Frank Acland's site is called e-catworld, since that pretty much ties him to Rossi.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Why is that a shame? They are both nutjobs.
Acland has arguably done way more damage than Rossi in the aggregate.
Fantasy Frank has been off the reservation more times than can be counted.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

ladajo wrote:Why is that a shame? They are both nutjobs.
Acland has arguably done way more damage than Rossi in the aggregate.
Fantasy Frank has been off the reservation more times than can be counted.
That's certainly one way to look at it. My point was that taking Rossi, Defkalion, Brillouin, BLP, etc. out of the discussion might, just might, make some room for real science.

Then again, maybe not.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

My point was that taking Rossi, Defkalion, Brillouin, BLP, etc. out of the discussion might, just might, make some room for real science.
Yes. But the problem is the nutjobs are allowed to stay on the table. There is no effective mechanism to delouse science of them. They prey on ignorance and uninformed hope.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Creation of entanglement simultaneously gives rise to a wormhole

The quarks are connected by a wormhole that exists in the 5th dimension where space and time does not exist.

We can see this multi-dimensional principle in operation in a two dimensional allegorical world on the surface of a swimming pool where the counter rotating solitons are connected in a higher third dimension within the depths of water in the pool.

Quark pool (soliton "pairs")

Quarks are localized and confined vortexes (aka solitons) of energy that exist in the Higgs field that do not dissipate because of the agency of the superfuildic superconductivity of the Higgs field.

Baths and Quarks: Solitons explained

Entanglement exists in the 5th dimension and it stores energy when the quarks are formed or when the quarks are moved apart. The 5th dimension is where the connective strong force operates.

Most of the energy that makes up matter is stored in the 5th dimension. Since all quarks are entangled, this entangled 5th dimension is where dark energy lives and gravity operates.

Since the strong magnetic fields produced by LENR can destroy the superconductivity that the quarks exist in, the connective energy between the quarks is retrieved from the 5th dimension and made real again to reenter and reappear back into our world.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Bose Einstein Condensate in a polymer at room temperature has potential for faster optoelectronics and new lasers other applications

http://nextbigfuture.com/2013/12/bose-e ... er-at.html
Researchers at IBM’s Binnig and Rohrer Nano Center have demonstrated a complex quantum mechanical phenomenon known as Bose-Einstein condensation (BEC), using a luminescent polymer (plastic) similar to the materials in light emitting displays used in many of today's smartphones.

This discovery has potential applications in developing novel optoelectronic devices including energy-efficient lasers and ultra-fast optical switches — critical components for powering future computer systems to process massive Big Data workloads. The use of a polymer material and the observation of BEC at room temperature provides substantial advantages in terms of applicability and cost.
"Nope, LENR couldn't be BECs, they only work at very low temperatures." Yeah, right! ;)

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

All of the theoretical discussion is nice, but conflating what Rossi and Defkalion with this is just plain silly. Both parading grandiose plans, but nothing, not even a little demonstrator device that one could purchase or obtain and verify the claims.

Show this doubting Thomas that there's something there, other than words. Not video of a carefully-supervised "demonstration", or a report by an "expert" who has an ax to grind. Give me something that I can test and verify for myself.

Even MFMP hasn't come up with anything conclusive.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Asterix wrote:All of the theoretical discussion is nice, but conflating what Rossi and Defkalion with this is just plain silly. Both parading grandiose plans, but nothing, not even a little demonstrator device that one could purchase or obtain and verify the claims.

Show this doubting Thomas that there's something there, other than words. Not video of a carefully-supervised "demonstration", or a report by an "expert" who has an ax to grind. Give me something that I can test and verify for myself.

Even MFMP hasn't come up with anything conclusive.

http://www.e-catworld.com/2013/09/25th- ... ce-at-mit/

25th Anniversary Cold Fusion Conference at MIT

This is an important milestone for LENR.

If past is prolog, there is a fair chance that one or more attendees will give a demo of their work at this meeting at MIT. Plan to attend.

There is a lot of pride and pier pressure engendered at such a gathering of the LENR elite.

Each will try their best to impress.

If any exist, I anticipate major revelations of theory and hardware.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

If any exist, I anticipate major revelations of theory and hardware.
Very nice and completely empty statement.

Here. Try mine;

"If you like chocolate, you may find some you don't."

or

"Going to the moon is easy, unless it is hard."

How about,

"If Bigfoot exists, I anticipate a revelation of his existence."

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Well, back to more important things, like Football! Philly against Chicago, yeah!