10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Re: 10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Post by ladajo »

Or will you cite from your own fantasies from back in the day:

You made some pretty bold assertions here based purely on "Rossisays".
So in January of 2012, you emphatically stated that Rossi produced "470KW of continuous heat for five and a half hours", but yet here in March of 2014 no one has yet to see anything of this miracle.

WHAT SAY YOU ADRIAN ASHFIELD?
By ADRIAN ASHFIELD

Posted: 01/06/12, 12:00 AM EST|

A test of Andrea Rossi's 1-megawatt cold-fusion plant was successfully carried out by the engineers and scientists of his first customer at Bologna, Italy, on Oct. 28, 2011.

It produced 470 kW of continuous heat for five and a half hours with no input of electricity beyond that required by the two small water-circulating pumps for the heat exchanger. While the system is capable of 1 megawatt output, it is not stable at higher outputs without some electric input. The customer chose to go with the lower level that didn't require any power input.

Nearly half a megawatt output with no energy input is a staggering success for a system that is still at the model T Ford stage of development. Engineer Rossi developed and built his invention using his own money. For comparison, billions of dollars have been spent on hot-fusion research that has still to generate a net gain in energy.

http://www.delcotimes.com/general-news/ ... f-his-time
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Axil

Post by Axil »

Rossi is working on a jet engine based on his H-Cat. Here is a NASA paper that projects what aircraft will look like after LENR.

http://nari.arc.nasa.gov/sites/default/ ... gWELLS.pdf

Low Energy Nuclear Reaction Aircraft

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Rossi Electric Generation Company Inc. should have made enough money generating electricity that Rossi should be rich. Uhhh, no electricity sold from a Rossi LENR, yet? How can that be? :lol: All I have seen from the true believers is slides of what might be if..... Rossi like hucksters have been duping believers for all of human history, sad really.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

mvanwink5 wrote:Rossi Electric Generation Company Inc. should have made enough money generating electricity that Rossi should be rich. Uhhh, no electricity sold from a Rossi LENR, yet? How can that be? :lol: All I have seen from the true believers is slides of what might be if..... Rossi like hucksters have been duping believers for all of human history, sad really.
Right, the original invention, on the tiny chance it is real, is so important that one can hardly think of any reason why Rossi & Co. aren't devoting 100% of their time and energy into making a reliable reactor that can be used for heat and electric generation. Plus, they have apparent competitors, such as Defkalion; you would think they would be on their toes working with ultra focus on the original application.

That Rossi is even looking at things like E-Cat jet engine design and vehicles is simply more vaporware hype.

Axil

Post by Axil »

JoeP wrote:
mvanwink5 wrote: That Rossi is even looking at things like E-Cat jet engine design and vehicles is simply more vaporware hype.

Not if LENR is being militarized like polywell.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

And you base this idea on what?
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

pbelter

Post by pbelter »

Axil wrote:Rossi is working on a jet engine based on his H-Cat. Here is a NASA paper that projects what aircraft will look like after LENR.

I see this is a NASA presentation about possibilities of LENR powered aircraft. Neither Rossi nor his affiliates are mentioned.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

This is a seedling wells project. Nasa gives grant money to explore low success probability concepts that would otherwise get no attention due the impossibility of it being successful. Read the intro, it is just a funding vehicle to explore out of the envelope . http://nari.arc.nasa.gov/
Think skyhook
Explore the application of LENR technology not the technical aspects and feasibility
•No peer reviewed, published sources
Assumed device existed with these parameters
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

If <fill in the blank device> works as claimed, applications are obvious. Not so clearly demonstrated is whether the device works so.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

pbelter wrote:
Axil wrote:Rossi is working on a jet engine based on his H-Cat. Here is a NASA paper that projects what aircraft will look like after LENR.

I see this is a NASA presentation about possibilities of LENR powered aircraft. Neither Rossi nor his affiliates are mentioned.
Yes, but simply checking the Rossi fan sites will show that Rossi claims to be currently working in this field, which is what the original post mentioning this is referring to (and attempting to paint a veneer of legitimacy via the NASA slide deck link).

http://www.e-catworld.com/2014/03/rossi ... nt-page-1/
Via Rossi Blog:
Perhaps you remember that we made R&D also using gas as a fuel. That line of R&D has been carried on and we are now preparing for a pilot jet engine gas fueled hybridized with an E-Cats assembly. This is exactly what I am working upon during these very days, while the work of the third indipendent party is going on with the hot cat. Obviously, the technology of the Hot Cat is strictly connected with the gas fueled Hot Cat. But remember: I still must say that:
THE RESULTS OF THE EXPERIMENT IN COURSE MADE BY THE THIRD INDIPENDENT PARTY CAN BE POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE AND NOTHING SPECIFIC ABOUT THE FUTURE WORK CAN BE SAID UNTIL THE RESULTS ARE PUBLISHED, POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE AS THEY MIGHT BE.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

Axil

Post by Axil »

For those who want a scientific approach to research, here is a LENR experiment that demonstrates excess heat that you might try to duplicate.

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/YoshinoHreplicable.pdf

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

NOW that looks like data, scientific rigor, and so on.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Axil wrote:For those who want a scientific approach to research, here is a LENR experiment that demonstrates excess heat that you might try to duplicate.

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/YoshinoHreplicable.pdf

And what has this got to do with Rossi?

Any comment on Rossi's RESOUNDING patent rejection. Which was based on PATENT STUPIDITY on his part?

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

That's funny :)

Thanks for the smile you brought me, been a hard few weeks at work. Long hours, difficult stuff.

Rossi is a cargo cult. I worship at the feet of his falsehoods. It is better than a sitcom.

Although, I would add that his misfortune is of his own doing, and thus does bring me joy.
If it was of someone else's doing, it would not bring me joy.