Franklin Roosevelt's D-Day Prayer

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
williatw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Franklin Roosevelt's D-Day Prayer

Postby williatw » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:17 am

williatw

Re: Franklin Roosevelt's D-Day Prayer

Postby williatw » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:31 pm

choff

Postby choff » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:50 am

My dad told me when the war started in '39, the men all joined up to feed their families, most of them didn't come back. Nothing to do with King and country, people were hungry, the depression was that bad.
CHoff

williatw

Postby williatw » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:53 am

choff

Postby choff » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:37 pm

The movie "The Longest Day" almost didn't even mention this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juno_Beach
CHoff

williatw

Postby williatw » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:08 am

To FDR and the so called "greatest generation", their like will probably never come this way again

Tom Ligon

Postby Tom Ligon » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:18 pm

This day always makes me remember the 116th Infantry, the Bedford Boys, and the 111th Field Artillery. My dad lost a good friend that day.

http://www.tomligon.com/Toms/Dad/FA111.pdf

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:50 pm

I salute my father and those of his time who assumed this burden for humanity. May we not squander what they paid for.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

williatw

Postby williatw » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:50 pm

williatw

Postby williatw » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:19 am

Published on Jun 5, 2019

President Trump marked the D-Day anniversary by reading an excerpt from a prayer President Franklin Delano Roosevelt delivered to the nation by radio on the evening of June 6, 1944, in which he spoke to the country for the first time about the Normandy operation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn57OGl29Dk

Return to “General”