EMC2 has published a polywell preprint on arXiv

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

mvanwink5
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EMC2 has published a polywell preprint on arXiv

Postby mvanwink5 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Near term, cheap, dark horse fusion hits the air waves, GF - TED, LM - Announcement. The race is on.

Skipjack
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Skipjack » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:27 pm

I think that there may be more papers in the works, each focusing on individual aspects of the experiments performed in the past years, maybe culminating in a final paper referencing the others for the proposal of a full polywell reactor.

ltgbrown

Postby ltgbrown » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:28 pm

Famous last words, "Hey, watch this!"

dnavas

Postby dnavas » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:40 am

D Tibbets

Postby D Tibbets » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:34 am

To error is human... and I'm very human.

tauntaun_rider

Postby tauntaun_rider » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:29 am

Betruger

Postby Betruger » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:13 am

darn.. A relative of mine moved out of Irvine just a week ago. Hopefully, someone here on TP can attend.

mvanwink5

Postby mvanwink5 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:55 am

Near term, cheap, dark horse fusion hits the air waves, GF - TED, LM - Announcement. The race is on.

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:31 pm

And now it begins.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Betruger

Postby Betruger » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:55 pm

Just a few hours to go. Sounds like we might hear nothing more for a while; is no one attending? :(

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:02 pm

I think we can consider this the beginning of the press for further funding.
It would seem to be no accident that Jaeyoung Park is making some rounds.
I would expect that with the pre-print hung, the paper will soon be printed in a major like Nature or Physics.
I think he has something here worth moving on.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:43 pm

At least one UCI grad student has an interest in Polywell -

Most of the plasma faculty seem to lean toward Tokamaks.

Robthebob

Postby Robthebob » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Has anyone seen Joe?
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.

mattman

Postby mattman » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:59 pm

I emailed Dr. Khackan the paper. I am sure he is reading this.

Torulf2

Postby Torulf2 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:34 pm

"This has dramatic implications for the future of cusp confined fusion"
This can have someting to do with the Skunk works high beta reaktor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_beta_fusion_reactor

Return to “News”