Dr. Park to speak at UW-Madison

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Re: Dr. Park to speak at UW-Madison

Postby MSimon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:20 am

Jeeze. More crap. What kind of wave would give us x hottest years recently in the last 134 years? A sine wave about to start declining.

Now what may help you along is that we have had at least 14 years with rising CO2 and no temperature rise. In fact the last 6 or so years are showing a very slight decline. Before adjustments.

BTW 1934 used to be the hottest year - before adjustments.

The US government spends about $2 bn a year to get the answers it wants on global warming. Think of how far that would go if spent on Polywell.

I'm going to quit now before I waste any more time.

paperburn1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby paperburn1 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:22 am

I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

MSimon

Postby MSimon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:16 pm

classicpenny

Postby classicpenny » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:41 pm

classicpenny

Postby classicpenny » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:16 pm

MSimon

Postby MSimon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:36 pm

crowberry
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby crowberry » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:48 am

alexjrgreen

Postby alexjrgreen » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:47 am

Ars artis est celare artem.

mvanwink5

Postby mvanwink5 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:29 pm

Playing the "what if" game here I see. If we do the "what if" game isn't there worse things to imagine to entertain ourselves? What fun!

What if a super volcano erupted? What if a 1km meteor struck the earth? What if a virus mutated into a deadly airborne pathogen? What if a super solar flare destroyed all the electronics and put us back into the dark ages? What if there was an alien invasion? What if artificial intelligence science produced a..... Oh, gosh, how will I sleep now just imagining all these disasters?!

What we need is one ring to rule them all and prevent all these possibilities? Oh, wait, that is another thing to worry about...

Or we could take these chicken little imaginings to "General?" Oh, wait, they are already there!
Near term, cheap, dark horse fusion hits the air waves, GF - TED, LM - Announcement. The race is on.

RERT

Postby RERT » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Today emissions are 35 bn tonnes CO2. That's from roughly 2bn industrialized inhabitants. So suppose 10bn people emit 5 times that. At the moment CO2 is rising about 2.8 ppm per year. In the worst case scenario, it would be rising at 14 ppm per year. It would rise linearly, because CO2 per head has been flat for decades in the west. So even if I could wave a magic wand and fill the world with 10 bn rich people (Hurray!) today, CO2 would be a little more than 900 ppm by 2050. And that is an absolutely insanely 'pessimistic' scenario, calling for a miracle of development instantly. At current rates of growth it will take 100 years for CO2 to double to 800. And since the biosphere has survived levels in the thousands, there is no cause for concern for the planet.

tomclarke

Postby tomclarke » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:49 pm

paperburn1

Postby paperburn1 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:11 am

I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

alexjrgreen

Postby alexjrgreen » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:28 am

mvanwink5

Postby mvanwink5 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:01 pm

Use more indoor plants if you are worried about indoor CO2.

I prefer to worry about a rapid ice age glaciation event. You go ahead and worry about CO2, worry is fun. I'll imagine my own disaster scenario to entertain myself. Someone else will have a different epic disaster preference.

But why is it again that this is still being pursued here as this is more appropriate to be discussed in general?
Near term, cheap, dark horse fusion hits the air waves, GF - TED, LM - Announcement. The race is on.

alexjrgreen

Postby alexjrgreen » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:38 pm

Return to “News”