MH370 found?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

choff

MH370 found?

Post by choff »

CHoff

paperburn1

Re: MH370 found?

Post by paperburn1 »

It is a slim possibility, the current in the suspected crash area end up in Madagascar.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

I'm hopeful.

Boeing experts are pretty sure its a 777 flaperon, and there are some markings on it that boost the confidence. They're only missing the one plane. Once proper aviation investigators get it, there may be some actual serial numbers to work from to settle the issue.

But right about now they should be sweeping the beaches of every island in the Indian Ocean for more pieces.

If the plane went down where they've been looking, there should have been cold water currents carrying it north, then warm water currents going west. A couple of marine life experts might track the route by what species they find encrusting the part, in addition to telling how long it was in the water.

This may help answer Where? Won't help with Why.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

But right about now they should be sweeping the beaches of every island in the Indian Ocean for more pieces.
Been thinking the same thing since this came up. Beaches and on the water. Especially since they found suitcase remnant as well.

It is certainly worth a look. Some stuff floats at sea for a long time. Seen lots of silly things out in the middle of the oceans.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Actually they should serious start searching Madagascar, Tanzanian and Kenyan shorelines as that is the next place the currents would deposit things; or more properly have the fishermen be on the lookout these areas.
edit
Just read and interesting article about the man that found the wing. He is a paid beachcomber to keep the beach clean as tourism is a big money maker there. He had been burning things as long ago as may and after finding out that the wing was part of an airplane turned in his seat cushion that he found in may and it was from a plane. He also burned several bags that had washed up as well as various other bits of flotsam and jetsam that had been washing up in the past few months.
He had no idea that the stuff he had been burning was related to the crash.

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

paperburn1 wrote:Actually they should serious start searching Madagascar, Tanzanian and Kenyan shorelines as that is the next place the currents would deposit things; or more properly have the fishermen be on the lookout these areas.
edit
Just read and interesting article about the man that found the wing. He is a paid beachcomber to keep the beach clean as tourism is a big money maker there. He had been burning things as long ago as may and after finding out that the wing was part of an airplane turned in his seat cushion that he found in may and it was from a plane. He also burned several bags that had washed up as well as various other bits of flotsam and jetsam that had been washing up in the past few months.
He had no idea that the stuff he had been burning was related to the crash.
Shit.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... s-ago.html
Nicolas Ferrier, who said his job is to 'collect rubbish and burn it', told The Sunday Telegraph he spotted a blue seat and 'a couple of suitcases' on the beach in early May.
'I burnt them,' he told the newspaper. He also claims to have seen the wing flap on the shore.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Is that possible given the drift models?
I have not looked at them in detail yet, but I think I saw one that animates debris drift over time recently.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Thanks, I also took a look and saw that may was the probable "first wave". Just had not gotten back here to post about it.
I also saw that France is going to initiate area searches to look for more debris. The challenge will be sorting trash they find from MH370 debris. And there is trash out there. Been there and seen it.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

All this reminds me of what could have been a well-intentioned mistake I made some years ago.

I have a habit of picking up and properly disposing of trash whenever I visit a beach or park. I may be a slob, but I can't tolerate litter. Some people must have been raised by wolves.

My wife and I were visiting Aruba, and I found myself picking up trash on the beach. A scrap of cloth was showing, which turned out to be a bikini bottom. I dutifully trashed it with the rest of the litter, wondering how that young lady explained the loss.

Then a few hours later I remembered: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappear ... e_Holloway.

Hope I did not destroy evidence. The odds are against it, but it worries me.

I can tell you this: there is an awful lot of trash out there, so if it cannot be conclusively pinned to a particular case, it is just more trash.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Living near Atlantic beach, I can tell you truthfully a bikini bottom is not that rare of a find. :wink:
True story, I wore a dead mans hat for two or three years.
He was out fishing drunk and fell off the boat and drown in the inlet. His hat washed up right near where I was surf fishing. Took the hat to the coast guard station at Fort Macon but they did not want it so... , finders keepers.
It was my lucky fishing hat. I figured the odds were against both people who owned the hat drowning.

choff

Post by choff »

Where I live we get shoes on the beach, with feet still in them.
CHoff

choff

Post by choff »

Where I live we get shoes on the beach, with feet still in them.
CHoff

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

eww... I remember that