LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Axil

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by Axil »

Giorgio wrote:
paperburn1 wrote:But I just got the impression that parallel just implied we cannot do a water-based calorimetry test on a device that its designed purpose is to heat water????????? SNAKES!!!
Rossi and parallel don't get bothered by such puny details. :mrgreen:
Sebastian
August 30th, 2015 at 1:35 PM

3) What kind of measurement instrumentation would you use when testing a new device? Do you use thermocouples, IR cameras, power analyzers?

Andrea Rossi
August 30th, 2015 at 5:00 PM
Sebastian:

3- it depends; the efficiency of a plant in operation in the factory of a Customer, obviously, is measured by calorimetry, because Customers want heat for their production and they measure the heat they get at their point of utilization: they are not at all interested to the science, they want heat at a price lower than with alternative systems; for a laboratory experiment IR measurements have the advantage to be direct, not depending from the efficiency of heat exchangers, but, for example, Dr Alexander Parkhomov has replicated my effect measuring by calorimetry; power analyzers are anyway necessary to measure the energy consumed.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Then why has anyone not seen these tests? If Rossi had what he said then people would be standing in line screaming "Take my money!!"
I really hope the dream will come true but I still do not believe Rossi has the answer. Maybe one of these other gentlemen working on LENR can show me the light with data I can believe. I think there are dragons at the edge of the map but I have yet to see any.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Axil

Post by Axil »

paperburn1 wrote:Then why has anyone not seen these tests? If Rossi had what he said then people would be standing in line screaming "Take my money!!"
I really hope the dream will come true but I still do not believe Rossi has the answer. Maybe one of these other gentlemen working on LENR can show me the light with data I can believe. I think there are dragons at the edge of the map but I have yet to see any.

Marianne Marcy of Infinite Energy magazine has written and extensive article about Rossi competitor Brillouin Energy in which she has an in-depth interview with founder Robert Godes who she talked to at the ICCF19 conference in Padua, Italy earlier this year. Brillouin Energy has been seeking to commercialize LENR for a long while now, and it’s interesting

http://www.infinite-energy.com/images/p ... nIE123.pdf

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Better , at least it is something that does not sound of a patent medicine salesman.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote: Andrea Rossi

....for a laboratory experiment IR measurements have the advantage to be direct, not depending from the efficiency of heat exchangers,.....
There is so many illogical issues in such a short phrase that i could write few pages of boring technical explanations to debunk it, but for the sake of science let's consider that the "efficiency of heat exchangers" (whatever Rossi means) is indeed an issue.

The solution to this concern is easy, cheap, and ready available from any shop.
1) Buy a sealed chamber home heat generator of 30/35 KW power from any shop, something like this:

2) Remove the gas burner, place inside the e-Cat and connect the inlet and outlet water tubes.

3) Seal the smoke stack, seal back the "burner chamber" and wrap the chamber and the generator with extra insulating rock wool.

You now have a highly efficient calorimeter machine with Total cost of less than 1000 Euro.

Now start the eCat and bring it at working regime (thermal equilibrium). Once eCat is in thermal equilibrium the "efficiency" of the heat exchanger becomes irrelevant to final calculation, as heat can only be removed by heat exchanger inside sealed chamber.
Now start to measure and log for as much time as you can the water temperature in and out, the water Flow and the input electricity.

You can now calculate the COP with a precision of around +/- 5%.

You get a COP of 6 from a test like this and the day after you have a line of Engineers out of your door willing to sign a contract to purchase an eCat.
So, what will be the next excuse now?
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:Brillouin Energy has been seeking to commercialize LENR for a long while now, and it’s interesting
To commercialize LENR you need to have a product, Brillouin (by their own admission) does not have a product yet.
The only think they seek for now is someone willing to fork out more $.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

paperburn1 wrote:But I just got the impression that parallel just implied we cannot do a water-based calorimetry test on a device that its designed purpose is to heat water????????? SNAKES!!!
Then you got the wrong impression. He did state that you could not immerse the unit in water. There is a significant difference between those statements.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Giorgio wrote:
Giorgio cannot seem to distinguish between puny and significant details.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

KitemanSA wrote:
Then you got the wrong impression. He did state that you could not immerse the unit in water. There is a significant difference between those statements.
Because everyone knows that to make a calorimetry test you NEED TO IMMERSE the unit in water! :roll:

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

KitemanSA wrote:
Giorgio wrote:
Giorgio cannot seem to distinguish between puny and significant details.
Neither me nor paperburn1 suggested that the unit should be immersed in water. We asked for a "water calorimetry test", and what parallel read is that: "they probably think the 1300C alumina tube should be in direct contact with water", which has nothing to do with what we said nor with the issues we pointed out.
Maybe he really believes that the only way to make a calorimetry test is to immerse the test specimen into the water but than he should probably attend some new training seminar in laboratory measurements.

My gut feeling is that he just try to change the whole discussion in a flaming war instead of replying to a technical and focused notation like the one we made. Probably this technique works quite well in the other places where he posts, but it does not effect me much.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Giorgio wrote:
Because everyone knows that to make a calorimetry test you NEED TO IMMERSE the unit in water!
Wrong. See Chemwiki for other methods.
http://chemwiki.ucdavis.edu/Physical_Ch ... alorimetry

You think you know it all but you don't. So you miss the point and fill pages with rubbish.
I suppose you think the MFMP don't know what they are doing either.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

parallel wrote:Giorgio wrote:
Because everyone knows that to make a calorimetry test you NEED TO IMMERSE the unit in water!
Wrong. See Chemwiki for other methods.
http://chemwiki.ucdavis.edu/Physical_Ch ... alorimetry

You think you know it all but you don't. So you miss the point and fill pages with rubbish.
I suppose you think the MFMP don't know what they are doing either.
Hmm...ignore sarcasm and post snark ... deliberate or is this for real?

parallel

Post by parallel »

JoeP,
You really think a gas fired heater, with the exhaust port closed off, would work? LOL

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

parallel wrote:JoeP,
You really think a gas fired heater, with the exhaust port closed off, would work? LOL
Straw man. And I hope you don't think that isn't what Gio was suggesting. It isn't gas fired, DUH, if an electrical/LENR(if) reactor is in the thing. Your man Rossi made a lame excuse for not doing water based calorimetery and Gio and paperburn were showing how it could be performed easily without direct water contact with the reactor core as you seemed to think necessary. I strongly suspect you know all this and just love to stir things up. It is hard to take you seriously with these kind of posts.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Exactly as I said before, he "just try to change the whole discussion in a flaming war instead of replying to a technical and focused notation".

Typical attitude of people who have no real arguments to offer.