LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

paperburn1

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by paperburn1 »

so are we referencing to Barry Goldwater the dead guy? or to JR?
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

It could be either. The point being the guy who wrote the post A.) is not a native english speaker, and B.) was obviously baiting Rossi to pontificate on another Delusion of Grandeur.

Given the choice of Barry Goldwater as a name, coupled with the (IMO carefully selected) verbage used, it was a baiting. And it worked.

Still making me smile this morning, double considering Axil's reply.

I am also wondering why I am a Eagle's fan in Axil's estimation. Maybe it was because I played Foles for a bit as QB in my fantasy team for a bit, don't remember. Currently I have Roethlisberger and Phillips. I am currently undeclared as a fan. Not even sure who I am disposed towards right now. Hmm. Have to think on it.
I am temped to be a Brady Lemming, but given the long bitter history I have with the Pats, this current generation make-over has not won me over. I always had an affinity for Greenbay for some reason, also the Vikings; Purple People Eaters maybe. Dunno. Steelers and Dallas have interested me, as well as the Bears. And lastly, I have nursed an interest in the Redskins for a long time as well. Like I said, dunno.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Go with green bay,The Packers have been a publicly owned, non-profit corporation since August 18, 1923. And if you want you can buy stock in the team. I admit it is only common stock but what other team lets you have that option. As a matter of fact that's how they did the upgrades to Lambeau, sold stock, more than enough to pay for their $143 million renovation of Lambeau Field.
Us packer fans are bat&hit crazy.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Admit it, we all laughed when the MFMP device blew up on a live feed. It was funny. Well, it would have been less funny without the shield. http://energycatalyzer3.com/news/e-cat- ... -explosion

It's interesting we never heard back from Ahern. Oh wait, uh oh...

Nice history here. http://kb.e-catworld.com/index.php?titl ... (Timeline)

Test reactor keeps chugging along. Maybe the instruments are miscalibrated, or maybe it's drawing more power than he says, or maybe Rossi's pouring gasoline in the back, or maybe he's the David Copperfield of physics, or maybe shut up. http://www.e-catworld.com/2015/08/14/e- ... -way-mark/

Trending less skeptical, but still skeptical this is commercial-able...

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stock ... =245130378

I wanted to get a pet snake, so I could use an ECat as a under-tank heater, but in test runs my non-E cats keep attacking them. Typical mammals! There's a moral to this story, but it wasn't peer-reviewed so I won't share it.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Well for me, it was more funny that the blogging clowns tried to play it off as an obvious demonstration that Ecat really works.
"Wow looky there, it worked so well it went out of control and blowed up."
Solid science if I have ever seen it. They even peer reviewed each other for the draft of the article.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Ladajo, there you go ignoring the important issues again; Green Bay, yes or no.

Side note , did you notice the writing style of Barry Goldwater and Rossi are very grammatically similar.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Always meaningless pictures and words, and never meaningful results nor data.
And now a patent that has no relation nor connection to the eCat is being used to push its credibility..... Same cliche over and over.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

paperburn1 wrote:Ladajo, there you go ignoring the important issues again; Green Bay, yes or no.

Side note , did you notice the writing style of Barry Goldwater and Rossi are very grammatically similar.
My jury is still out. I am playing the Packer's D/ST for week one. Tracking the game right now.
Not an inspiring performance <ducks behind desk>, so far... Not terrible either.

:)

As for the Rossiclown, a.) I see what you did there, nice insinuation :) b.) I can't believe...well maybe I can given the current administration...that we have accepted ownership of such a clown and convicted felon. This idiot is becoming the poster child for the deep seated issues our nation is currently facing.

When did we as a national culture lose sight of the imperative to be real, contribute, and participate? Why are we so easily crawling into this hole of deceit, selfishness, and antipathy? Not a good sign. We need to stand up and be accountable for ourselves and each other. If that moron Obama gets elected for a third term, I am outta here.
That would be a sign to hang up my spurs and head out seeking a more rational land.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

ladajo wrote: That would be a sign to hang up my spurs and head out seeking a more rational land.
If you find it send a message, I am already out there looking for one at the moment.
I am strongly considering Switzerland or HK at the moment....

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Ooooh! I really like Hong Kong. My only concern is the balance of power (corruption really) and how that would portend to future viability.
I guess with a low profile footprint, you could make a go of it, especially if you were on the periphery, like outer Kowloon / Heung Chung even or maybe over the hill near Stanley. I guess a quiet spot on Lantau would be nice too.

I have thought about going back to NZ. Not sure the wife would buy in. She really likes big shopping malls.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

HK is in close tie with Switzerland in my list.

Corruption is minimal at the moment, slowly rising since China got hold again of the government, but still minimal if you compare with other "civilized" countries. My only concern is that everything is becoming so darn expensive there....
Best place where to live now is probably New Territories if you like peace or Kawloon if you don't mind to sacrifice some privacy.

And if your wife likes big shopping malls she can find plenty in HK. Shenzhen (where i spend most of my time) is just 30 mins away with huge shopping malls for all pockets. 8)

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Giorgio, interesting... I have a couple questions..

Just curious, can you get by in HK with speaking English?

Also, have you worked in Taiwan...any opinion if so?

Is Italy doomed? I have relatives there, but I don't have any regular contact and haven't seen them in a long time. I was recently toying with the idea of applying for duel-citizenship as I think I can get it pretty easily via jure sanguinis. Maybe I can buy Rossi's original lab and open it for tours after the eCat transforms the world energy economy. "..Step right up folks, only $15 Euros and YOU can see the original workbench where the eCat was first shown to the world by Rossi and Focardi!"

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

JoeP wrote:Just curious, can you get by in HK with speaking English?
You could once and is still feasible but getting a little bit more difficult as mainland Chinese (who generally speak poor or no English) are taking over many local jobs.
JoeP wrote:Also, have you worked in Taiwan...any opinion if so?
Never worked there, but according the tales of people that have been there it seems a mix between South Korea and China.
JoeP wrote:Is Italy doomed?
Italy is spiraling into oblivion, and unfortunately the chances to recover our debt are long gone. Whoever has the opportunity is moving out, while a mass of desperate is allowed in and the system is just unable to stand all this pressure. The only thing that is not clear is what will collapse before, the bureaucracy system or the people's patience.
My suggestion is to Keep you citizenship and steer away from the idea of a double citizenship, especially if you are an entrepreneur...
JoeP wrote:Maybe I can buy Rossi's original lab and open it for tours after the eCat transforms the world energy economy. "..Step right up folks, only $15 Euros and YOU can see the original workbench where the eCat was first shown to the world by Rossi and Focardi!"
LMAO, please reserve the first ticket for me 8)

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Giorgio wrote:
JoeP wrote:Is Italy doomed?
Italy is spiraling into oblivion, and unfortunately the chances to recover our debt are long gone. Whoever has the opportunity is moving out, while a mass of desperate is allowed in and the system is just unable to stand all this pressure. The only thing that is not clear is what will collapse before, the bureaucracy system or the people's patience.
My suggestion is to Keep you citizenship and steer away from the idea of a double citizenship, especially if you are an entrepreneur...
Sad. I sometimes think to to reconnect with my relatives there and perhaps make a second home. The history of Italy has always interested me. My grandparents on my father's side emigrated from there to the US around when Mussolini took power. What you said above fits in with just about everything I have been reading over the past few years in the news. It is amazing that a country that once conquered and controlled vast areas for so long and founded and implemented many principles of western civilization is in such condition. I guess if a people give up having children and fail to protect your own borders and interests this is what you get.