What was it they said about "Gog and Magog"?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

choff

Re: What was it they said about "Gog and Magog"?

Post by choff »

...and yesterday a double rainbow appeared over ground zero in New York, while a Bin Laden Family owned crane crashed to the ground killing people after being struck by lightning in Mecca.
CHoff

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Secret CIA weather weapon.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

choff

Post by choff »

The super secret double rainbow maker!
CHoff

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Specifically requested by our Supreme Leader.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Skipjack wrote:
ladajo wrote:Oh, almost forgot. I don't need to talk to your Syrian buddies. I was just on the ground in Southern Turkey a couple of weeks ago for a couple of weeks. Plenty of Syrians running around. Well to be fair, mostly not running around, mostly hanging out on the ground next to their piles of stuff watching others walk west looking for boats. Almost two million of them in Turkey right now. Plenty to talk to of all flavors, and decidedly more relevant to the discussion than your "buddies".
Whatever...
Thank you for ceding. To be more clear, I traveled there 7 through 18 August. Which gave me 11 Days on the ground. I should have been more clear. The entire situation is out of hand. The checkpoints across the south were focused on Kurds as far as I could tell. Turkish authorities, other than that, were essentially ignoring the refugees, well other than indirectly/directly encouraging movement on towards the EU. I did not see any attempts at all to prevent movement out of Turkey, and given the authorities granting free hand to migrant movement support "pop-up" businesses selling everything from improvised waterproof bags to boats and boat rides, plus talking to folks, it was pretty clear that AKP is happy to facilitate refugee movement towards the EU.
The big rub coming is that as we head into fall, weather and exposure becomes an issue. The bulk of refugees that I encountered were living outside without any shelter other than clothes. Whoever is still around come late fall is going to create another layer to the "pop-up" market in tents/shelters for sale as the weather goes to crap. I think the other issue is going to be crime rising the longer any refugees stay put. There are already some issues on the end, and I think as they run out of resources, they will be more inclined to take what they need. Especially given how they are essentially unpoliced, as I saw all the places I went.
It will be interesting at least.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

"weather and exposure becomes an issue..."
And Saudi Arabia is going to build 200 Mosques for them. :roll:
First things first.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

ladajo wrote: Thank you for ceding. To be more clear, I traveled there 7 through 18 August. Which gave me 11 Days on the ground. I should have been more clear. The entire situation is out of hand. The checkpoints across the south were focused on Kurds as far as I could tell. Turkish authorities, other than that, were essentially ignoring the refugees, well other than indirectly/directly encouraging movement on towards the EU. I did not see any attempts at all to prevent movement out of Turkey, and given the authorities granting free hand to migrant movement support "pop-up" businesses selling everything from improvised waterproof bags to boats and boat rides, plus talking to folks, it was pretty clear that AKP is happy to facilitate refugee movement towards the EU.
The big rub coming is that as we head into fall, weather and exposure becomes an issue. The bulk of refugees that I encountered were living outside without any shelter other than clothes. Whoever is still around come late fall is going to create another layer to the "pop-up" market in tents/shelters for sale as the weather goes to crap. I think the other issue is going to be crime rising the longer any refugees stay put. There are already some issues on the end, and I think as they run out of resources, they will be more inclined to take what they need. Especially given how they are essentially unpoliced, as I saw all the places I went.
It will be interesting at least.
So I understand from your earlier post that these people prefer ISIS over Assad?
Also, what exactly were you doing there?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

A.) Their primary interest was in staying alive. The feel I got was that they were fed up with all of it. Some were linearly bitter, dependent on where they bailed from. The more interesting thing was that they were a mix. Clumps of each flavor. The mass was most definitely not of a single flavor, thus the angst was either in general, or specific to the community area that clump bailed from. There were probably more Kurds than others. The other thing was that the longer they had been out, the more generic the anger, it it was even there. Dejection and determination to go somewhere else were more likely. I think this was strongly influenced by access to information. The longer they were out the more information they got from the external view. This seems to make sense when you consider they had little to no access to open source from whenst they came.
If I had to pick a universal theme it was survival unlayed with dejection. Granted this is a rough qualitative cut without in depth data analysis.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

ladajo wrote:A.) Their primary interest was in staying alive. The feel I got was that they were fed up with all of it. Some were linearly bitter, dependent on where they bailed from. The more interesting thing was that they were a mix. Clumps of each flavor. The mass was most definitely not of a single flavor, thus the angst was either in general, or specific to the community area that clump bailed from. There were probably more Kurds than others. The other thing was that the longer they had been out, the more generic the anger, it it was even there. Dejection and determination to go somewhere else were more likely. I think this was strongly influenced by access to information. The longer they were out the more information they got from the external view. This seems to make sense when you consider they had little to no access to open source from whenst they came.
If I had to pick a universal theme it was survival unlayed with dejection. Granted this is a rough qualitative cut without in depth data analysis.
Well the Kurds sure are no fans of ISIS thats for sure. Not sure about the others. I am rather concerned about seeing a large amount of radical islamists that support ISIS coming to Europe (and most of them to Germany). I see this as a potential to destabilize Europe which is already facing tensions with islamists.
So what were you doing there, exactly?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Buying girl scout cookies.
And I wouldn't be worried about the "large amount of radical islamists that support ISIS coming to Europe".
There are plenty already there, and the count them on your fingers that are headed that way hiding in with the masses are merely going back.
And, they are not using the refugee lanes anyway. They are buying plane, train, and bus tickets and travelling on passports that are not Syrian.
You don't seem to get how all that works...
Let me help you understand: On any given visit to say... Turkey, they don't care what happens between the entry and exit stamps. If you happen to make use of a porous border, and then return, as long as the document you use to exit still has only one entry mark on it, there are essentially no questions prompted. Stamp and move on, thank you have a nice day. Ok, well maybe in my experience the Turks at least don't tend to say have a nice day. More like a stern "move on" look.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

ladajo wrote:Buying girl scout cookies.
And I wouldn't be worried about the "large amount of radical islamists that support ISIS coming to Europe".
There are plenty already there, and the count them on your fingers that are headed that way hiding in with the masses are merely going back.
And, they are not using the refugee lanes anyway. They are buying plane, train, and bus tickets and travelling on passports that are not Syrian.
You don't seem to get how all that works...
Let me help you understand: On any given visit to say... Turkey, they don't care what happens between the entry and exit stamps. If you happen to make use of a porous border, and then return, as long as the document you use to exit still has only one entry mark on it, there are essentially no questions prompted. Stamp and move on, thank you have a nice day. Ok, well maybe in my experience the Turks at least don't tend to say have a nice day. More like a stern "move on" look.
I do know that we do already have plenty. A lot of them come from god darn Saudi Arabia. But there is a difference between a few thousand a year and a million a year!

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I see...
Some people say that the US is purposely helping fugitives move to central Europe in an attempt to further destabilize the economy in the EU, especially Germany.
I don't really believe that, but then secrets make me suspicious.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Hard core will stay in the background and use the millions as cannon fodder.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Skipjack wrote:
I see...
Some people say that the US is purposely helping fugitives move to central Europe in an attempt to further destabilize the economy in the EU, especially Germany.
Of course there are going to be internet conspiracies. The more realistic answer is that if the EU had not done Turkey in the ass over membership, this probably would not be an issue.
What you are seeing here is the vindictive side of Erdogan. It is called payback. One thing you don't mess with in a Turk, and that is pride. Your idiot cousins in the EU kicked Turkish pride right in the jimmy over EU membership. Now not having any vested interest in EU integrity these days, the Turks are using it as a migrant trash can.
In simple terms, you reap what you sow. Well done EU.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

ladajo wrote:
Skipjack wrote:
I see...
Of course there are going to be internet conspiracies. The more realistic answer is that if the EU had not done Turkey in the ass over membership, this probably would not be an issue.
What you are seeing here is the vindictive side of Erdogan. It is called payback. One thing you don't mess with in a Turk, and that is pride. Your idiot cousins in the EU kicked Turkish pride right in the jimmy over EU membership. Now not having any vested interest in EU integrity these days, the Turks are using it as a migrant trash can.
In simple terms, you reap what you sow. Well done EU.
I don't really want a Turkey under an islamofascist like Erdogan in the EU. He is sending uneducated islamistic Turks that they dont want in Turkey to Europe with incentives to procreate there.
Atatuerk would rotate in his grave.