Joe (Talk-Polywell admin) needs your help

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

JoeStrout
Site Admin

Joe (Talk-Polywell admin) needs your help

Post by JoeStrout »

Hi guys,

I know I haven't been terribly active here lately, but I do check in now and then, keep the site running, activate new users' accounts, and so on. I hope I've done a good service to the world by providing this place to exchange news and ideas about polywell fusion, and I will continue to do so indefinitely.

I have another passion, and that is space colonization. You can see me talking about in this TEDx video. My focus is on orbital space settlements. There are plenty of places to talk about settling Mars (despite the fact that, in my opinion, it's not very suitable for that), but darn few places to discuss orbital colonies.

So, I set up a forum associated with my "High Frontier" simulation video game, which includes a "Real Space" forum. I'm trying to get people interested in space and space colonization to gather and discuss there. But it faces the classic chicken & egg problem: interested people don't stay because they don't see much activity, and there's not much activity because people don't stay.

So I'm asking a favor of my Talk-Polywell friends. If you have any interest in space at all, please go sign up for the forums, and participate. You don't need to do tons of research for each post; opinions, half-baked ideas, and questions are all good too. I hope you'll find the topics interesting, and by participating, you may help us reach that critical mass we need.

Thanks,
- Joe
Joe Strout
Talk-Polywell.org site administrator

Skipjack

Re: Joe (Talk-Polywell admin) needs your help

Post by Skipjack »

Sounds great Joe! I will certainly do that!

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Heck, I was an Elf-Hiver LOOOONG before I even heard of the Polywell.

The first time I visited L5 headquarters in Washington, I even got a hug from Aleta Jackson, who later called me up at EMC2, looking for a job. And I used to tease Dr. Bussard that he was welcome to Mars, but I wanted to set up an O'Neil colony in the belt.

I'll spread the word in the SIGMA think tank.

JoeStrout
Site Admin

Post by JoeStrout »

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!
Joe Strout
Talk-Polywell.org site administrator

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Joe,

I haven't checked to see if the board is running for a few months. Good to see that it is back.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.