BLP news

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Re: BLP news

Post by ladajo »

It also shows where Rossiclown had to pay back an investor after failing to produce. One of Parallel's claims to legitimacy for Rossiclown if I recall correctly. Aldo something, European gazillionnaire.

Rossi is full of shit.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Had to look it up: Aldo Proia
Prometeon

I suspect either another round of BRC or even an SEC investigation.
I would really like to see INS go after Rossi on his visa regarding being a convicted felon, and having served prison time.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

paperburn1 wrote:I have to go up to Raleigh in 3 weeks, if I took a look would you believe that?
I don't give a shit what Parallel thinks, I think you should go for a look. See if you can peek in the window, or even walk in the door.

I think you'll either find an empty building, or you will find the Milan Unit (redecorated) sitting in the middle of the building with no "industrial process" going on around it, as claimed by Rossiclown. It would be hilarious if you got happy snaps, especially of Rossi. Or counted the large team of engineers and scientists he claims are working the project.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

I guess it must be that time in the BLP (now "Brilliant Light Power") cycle to raise more cash from the credulous. Never a product, just hand waving and a light show.
Mills: “The source of hydrogen fuel and catalyst to form hydrinos is water. A commercial enabling fuel injection system and other new features were tested in this demonstration. In the past, megawatt bursts lasting only several milliseconds with a frequency of about 1% or less of the run time were observed. Now, the power is constant. Currently, the engineering issues are solved towards a 250 kW electric device.”
https://youtu.be/ZXIpohDaUXM
There will be a demonstration held at BLP headquarters in New Jersey on June 28th for approved guests.
Ayup.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I saw that. Wonder what new contraption they will show this time. My guess is another light show and not a finished product ;)
I mean, if this thing really worked, it would be quite amazing and Mills would get a Nobel prize (among other things). But I would be very, very surprised, if this ever happened, especially given the decades of vaporware from this company, not to mention the dubious physics.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Well, it does make silver compounds as vapor and smoke at least, along with the arc light show.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

As I predicted again no actual product, more outrageous claims and dubious physics. Nothing to see ;)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Brian at Nextbigfuture is going to interview Randall Mills of BLP.
He already exchanged few emails with Mills asking him some questions which are worth reading. The very first 2 question should be enough for anyone with a grain of of salt in their brain to understand that the whole BLP saga is just a huge scam.

Anyhow, if anyone has free time, Brian is now accepting questions to ask Randall Mills in his next week interview.
http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2016/09/re ... s-for.html
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

What I would like to see is kWh in vs kWh out. Not kW in vs kW out. Why? Because I can put one kWh into the thing and get a MW out over a second and still don't have net energy gain. I bet he wont be willing to give you that. Probably will come up with some hand-waving to distract.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I wonder whether we will finally see a ratio of kWh out vs kWh in this time, or whether they will keep doing the same spiel of kW in vs kW out, which is meaningless. I can put one kW in over an hour and get 1 MW out over a second in any system. That does not require net energy gain. Surprisingly, they have not really changed their schedule much since June with what I interpret as maybe a month delay. Wonder what happens when time is finally running out on them...

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

It's the same old empty talk from their last scam. Nothing new.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... IWOJ2cODEQ

7 videos from BLP's recent "Industry Day" (Oct. 26th), if anyone wants to dissect them.

parallel

Post by parallel »

The Scientific Alliance confirms what I have been saying, that LENR with Palladium & Deuterium has been proven. Nuclear con-fusion http://scientific-alliance.org/node/1024

It doesn’t touch on the more interesting high output devices of which there are several. The one that is currently in the news is from Brilliant Light Power.

Brilliant Light Power “Industry Day” videos
There are seven videos at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... IWOJ2cODEQ

You can skip the first two that are basic introductions.
The third video is the longest. In it Mills describes his theories and then goes on to describe the SunCell in detail. He points out they have achieved a plasma that continues after the power has been turned off.
The fourth video is short and covers independent verification of energy out.
The fifth video describes the engineering firm contracted to turn the SunCell into a commercial device. They forecast they will have a working model in Jan 2017, a basic prototype by mid year and a commercial unit at the end of 2017.
The sixth video covers the design and possibilities for the PV cells to convert the light energy into electricity.
The seventh video covers their marketing strategy,

I thought Mills argued points for his theory well. I felt the time line for commercial production was optimistic but got the impression that this time they are serious about making commercial units.
While many doubt Mills’ hydrino theories there is pretty strong evidence of large amounts of anomalous heat that needs to be explained.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Come on already. He has been peddling this same shit for the last 10 years to potential investors. Every year he says he's a year away from a commercial product and every year, for the last 10+ years, that goal post moves. Give it a rest already. It's vaporware.