LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

JoeP

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by JoeP »

ladajo, I was thinking the same thing.

I moderate my opinion on however. Rossi isn't stupid and probably has some objective evidence to back up most of what he asserts in that last blog post that Axil put out above.

This lawsuit is the best development yet in this silly saga :)

Axil

Post by Axil »

From me356, a MFMP associate. Cold fusion is beginning to be produced by the open source community.
For this post I have returned to my older thread where I have tried to replicate work of Parkhomov.
While I have changed some parameters I think that it could be still marked as e-cat replication.

Today I have tried to verify my latest findings - to find if I can get excess heat with 1 year old stuff that was used/designed for Parkhomov replication. Result: Yes, it is.
Fuel was completely prepared today in a few minutes.

Now I am able to turn the excess heat on and off on will. This is something that allows me perfect verification and comparison.
Achieved COP was only around 1.5, yet I didn't expected to be high as with my other reactors.

Please check attached photos.
One photo was taken while excess heat was On, second one while excess heat was Off (just 3 minutes later).
Can any skeptic explain me, how this can be achieved (other than with some source of heat) if you have no heater inside? And to maintain this for at least few minutes...?

Note that the glow was even 2 times further from the heater during the highest COP. Normally glow ends just under heater due to thermal conductivity.
Also note, that temperatures of the heater are very same in both cases.
Power was also very same.

I can just say, that the fuel ends approx. 4cm far from the heater.
Images

The video is of very poor quality. Maybe it will be interesting for you.

https://vid.me/H2xn

Excess heat onset from 0:15.

Axil

Post by Axil »

EDMUND STORMS' OPINION:

-We all agree that the LENR process is real. We all agree that significant excess energy can be made when unknown and rarely produced conditions are applied to certain materials. I think we all can agree that the LENR effect can operate in NiH just as it operates in PdD. The basic question is whether Rossi found a way to cause significant energy to be made by LENR using NiH. All of his actions make sense If we assume he was successful.

Put yourself in his shoes. You discover a heat source worth trillions but can not get patent protection for your idea. Your only protection is secrecy. Once the successful recipe is generally known, you have lost any claim to financial reward. The amount of money involved eliminates trust being part of any future business relationship. Consequently, Rossi is forced to play a very dangerous and difficult game involving deception and in some cases lying. This problem would not exist if patent protection were available.

I predict this same problem will affect all efforts to commercialize the LENR effect. A person only has two choices. If he finds a method to make a material nuclear active, he either has to make it know to the public and then gain mainly fame (aka Tesla), or keep it secret while trying to raise money to create a commercial product on your own. Naturally, some exaggeration, fraud, and lying would be involved because people do not like to give money without knowing the secret, which cannot be revealed. I do not excuse or support Rossi, but I do understand his problem. The problem lies squarely in the patent office and the DOE. A no win situation has been created by the skeptics.

I believe Rossi made sure he revealed nothing of value about his process and provided false leads to keep people from finding his method. I believe he had not mastered the method well enough for commercial use and needed money to do this. IH provided some of this money, but without being told the secret method to activate the material. IH does not want to spend 89M$ unless they know the secret, which is reasonable but contrary to Rossi's self-interest. So we will see the mud fly and watch one more father being eaten alive.

Meanwhile, the CO2 in the air keeps rising and the fission reactors keep getting older and more brittle.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Peter Gluck has asked Andrea Rossi for a really short, one-question INTERVIEW.

Peter:

You have found a Solution of the massive, long term Excess heat by LENR Problem.
What has contributed Science (as Nuclear Physics) and what has contributed Technology (as engineering, empirical trials) to the solution?

Andrea

Good question.
I started from the inspiration given to us all from the Fleischmann-Pons work. This has been their merit.

This means that I started assuming their theory was good and tried to replicate, but this was unsuccessful.

After that I studied theoretically the matter and at the same time made many different experiments with the available technology, therefore it is very difficult to answer, albeit your question is intriguing. Theoretical intuition and experimental error and trial process developed together like brain and heart in the development of a human being. Theoretical study has supplied ideas, for example the book of Norman Cook for me has been a gold mine; technology has been the fundamental base to make experiments.

Edison said that an invention is made 10% by inspiration, 90 % by perspiration: I think that good part of the perspiration is made by inspiration, I mean they grow up together within an inscindible dialectic process of synthesis.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

JoeP wrote:ladajo, I was thinking the same thing.

I moderate my opinion on however. Rossi isn't stupid and probably has some objective evidence to back up most of what he asserts in that last blog post that Axil put out above.

This lawsuit is the best development yet in this silly saga :)
I hope it settles it once and for all. Although, the truly religious Rossibots will continue on, eventually to place their special sneakers upon their feet, and drink of the magic potion that will carry them to Rossiworld.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:Soky
April 11, 2016 at 10:30 PM
Dr Andrea Rossi

Can we have the following information about the ERV that made the report:
1- education
– doctorate in nuclear engineering, obtained with 110/110 csumma cum laude in the Alma Mater of Bologna (Italy).
Once again, Italy University system has three levels:
1) A first-level degree (Bachelor's degree) after 3 years study and a short thesis.
2) A second-level degree (Master's degree) after 2 additional years of specialized study in a branch of the main field.
3) Doctorate Titles are obtained after a minimum of additional three years of academic research on the specialization subject and a final research thesis that has to be defended by the candidate during an oral examination in front of an external committee.
This thesis HAS NO VOTE. You either become Doctor in Research (Ph.D.) or not.

By stating that this guy has a Degree with a 110/110 vote Mr.Rossi exposed his lie.
The guy either has a "Bachelor's degree" or a "Master's degree", but clearly NOT a Doctorate Degree (Ph.D.).

I am really tired that people still believe to all the bullshit that this guy is saying.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Penon's Master's degree (5 year) was noted elsewhere and previously. It is also NOT in nuclear engineering/ physics. As I recall it is in industrial certs or somesuch. Something like safety and compliance.
These lemmings will believe anything that Rossiclown says.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Pulled this from a post at Rossiclown's blog.
Penon Engineer Registration

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

If he actually was a Ph.D. Doctor in the first line instead of: "titolo: INGEGNERE"
should have been : "titolo: DOTTORE INGEGNERE"

Anyhow, as you said those minions will believe even if he told them that the earth was flat.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Sorry, what is the connection between "the ERV that made the report" and Penon?
Rossi was talking about "the ERV that made the report", no? What is the issue with Penon?

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

KitemanSA wrote:Sorry, what is the connection between "the ERV that made the report" and Penon?
Rossi was talking about "the ERV that made the report", no? What is the issue with Penon?
Penon is believed to be the individual providing the ERV report. His credentials are shaky as there's little supporting documentation of them.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Nor is he independent.

And based his his previous "testing" of ecat, his skill set is suspect.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Somebody really needs to ask Rossi why he still will not allow a single phase heat the water tank test.

This fact remains one of the singular central failures in Rossiclown's argument. He knows it will not work, and he can't scam it without excessive risk.

This is why the water tank remains the gold standard for calorimetric testing.

I predict he will allow that the day Parallel can prove he has a Doctorate.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Or you can make Rossiclown submit to truly independent and valid (like a water tank calorimetry) Ecat testing via the court (which is likely to happen as long as IH holds their ground, and doesn't settle).

http://freeenergyscams.com/industrial-h ... ee-energy/

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Nice link. That guy sure has a vendetta!

I think it pretty doubtful there will be a court mandated testing. What I think matters more in the legal sense is if IH agreed upon the test protocol and signed off on all the stages, and agreed to abide by the so-called ERV report results. That is what the jury will care about. If it can be shown that the ERV was, in fact, in collusion with Rossi, then that is their main escape hatch, even if IH obtained investments based on assurances of their technology working. The angle they need to show is that they were also duped. Otherwise they are just as guilty as Rossi in the overall scam.

Don't forget that IH invested in this thing when there was plenty of evidence about it being a scam at the beginning, and all of Rossi's past dealings and failed companies were also out there for public inspection. How can they claim to have not done their due diligence? Naivete? Please.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for IH in this; they helped keep the cash flowing for them and Rossi IMO.