EM Drive

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

RERT
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EM Drive

Postby RERT » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:04 pm

"dox"?

RERT
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby RERT » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:06 pm

Let's hear it for page-breaks! I mean, from the recent post:

"...moderated by a person who openly admits to trying to dox folks online."

What do you mean by "dox"?

R.

paperburn1

Postby paperburn1 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:25 pm

search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

ScottL

Postby ScottL » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:37 pm

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:43 pm

Tell me it was the "he who shall not be named" idiot (Schnitzel or whatever) that he outed and I am on his side!
Thank god that psychopath got bored and moved on to other boards to seek being "banned" from once he figured out there is no banning here.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Carl White

Postby Carl White » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:55 pm

ScottL

Postby ScottL » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:08 pm

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:41 pm

That's too bad. A core principle should remain the free exchange of ideas. That is how we all learn.

For example, if I ever (no matter how doubtful) hear a real idea coming from Rossiclown World, I will listen and consider it.

I still think EM Drive is intriguing. For example, I am interested in seeing if someone does a dedicated reversal test as discussed in the unrah flux theory. Simple enough. I would also like to see larger and smaller scale units tested instead of the existing convenience sized ones.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

birchoff

Postby birchoff » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:21 am

RERT

Postby RERT » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:33 am

I've also followed NSF since last summer.

There has been a change recently, in that the DIY posters have not come up with real data for a while. The Travellers 8mN force with just under 100W power is a very significant number, but I think folk are right to be skeptical as there is no real report on the experimental data. SeeShells is rebuilding after she burnt out part of her first build when she was convinced she saw an effect. Rfmwguy thinks he saw something and published his data on the blog. Looking at the data I don't think the 177 micro-Newtons he measured was out of the noise on his experiment. He is refining his setup to try and produce conclusive data.

Provoked by conversations on NSF, I took a look at the last ten years of so company filings from SPR, Shawyer's company. The accounts are consistent with Shawyers story that SPR worked with Boeing for a period ending mid-2011. Previously it survived on grants and shareholder loans. SPR also made some money in the last financial year filed, ending March 2015, consistent with a small IP or consultancy revenue stream. It is making no capital investments so one can deduce that any real development work, if it exists, is being done elsewhere.

My take-away was that Shawyer has over the last ten years had ample time and money to determine whether the EMdrive effect is real or not. Judging by the Horizon programme on the BBC recently, he's also had ample physical resources. To me the situation is pretty black-and-white: it either works, or he is delusional/crooked.

The "delusional/crooked" hypothesis takes a hit from the recent pronouncements from Cannae, and the fact that serious people at NASA still repeat that "the anomalous force remains".

It's also worth bearing in mind that if the effect is real the stakes may be very, very big. Expect openness and straight talking all round...:)!

R.

ScottL

Postby ScottL » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:47 pm

birchoff

Postby birchoff » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:35 pm

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:12 pm

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

ScottL

Postby ScottL » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:46 am

birchoff

Postby birchoff » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:23 pm

Return to “News”