New Polywell Article On HotGas

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

krenshala

Re: New Polywell Article On HotGas

Post by krenshala »

pbelter wrote:Image

The picture seems like fake but the story is not.
Eistein is not a professor and MSimon not an engineer because the Important Bureaucratic Paperwork says they are not.
Power of organized Academia... heh.
So, you have successfully argued that Einstein did not get a Doctorate in 1907 from the University of Bern. Of course, he received a PhD from the University of Zurich in 1905 (to quote a biography page: In April 1905 Einstein submitted his doctoral thesis "A New Determination of Molecular Dimensions" to the university in Zurich which was accepted in July.), so I don't see your point.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Look at the date on it.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

ladajo wrote:Look at the date on it.
June 1907, and it appears to be referring to the paper now know as the Theory of Special Relativity.

I'm going to assume I somehow missed the point of that post ...

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

The first thing to notice is that the letter from a German university to a German citizen is in English. That alone should send one looking for an article debunking it. This is the second time I've seen this surface on a forum I frequent.

http://iqballatif.newsvine.com/_news/20 ... -professor

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

krenshala wrote:
June 1907, and it appears to be referring to the paper now know as the Theory of Special Relativity.

Why yes, yes you did.

The header is in German, the date in English. You should have gone no further.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

Teemu

Post by Teemu »

Elon Musk or Mark Zuckerberg might have been better at programming the year they graduated high school than the average computer science engineer graduating the same year, but I'm pretty sure neither of them has ever called themselves computer science engineers.

College dropouts and people with non-CSE degrees who have made it big in IT business don't go around claiming to be CSE because when you try to claim to be something you are not, you admit that you have some personal issues with not having the actual degree. Winners don't usually have those issues.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

ladajo wrote:
krenshala wrote:

Why yes, yes you did.

The header is in German, the date in English. You should have gone no further.
Now that you mention it, yes, I should have stopped there. Of course, my point about him already being a physics PhD at the time it was supposedly sent still stands against what the post appeared to be trying to say. :D

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Yes, you did make a valid point that Pbelter missed.
My post was actually aimed at him.
No worries, we all miss stuff. That is part of the adventure of life (and the internet).

pbelter

Post by pbelter »

Tom Ligon wrote:The first thing to notice is that the letter from a German university to a German citizen is in English. That alone should send one looking for an article debunking it. This is the second time I've seen this surface on a forum I frequent.
How about the post stamp with Einstein himself?
As I mentioned in my original post post the letter is probably a fake even as translation , and it begin in English and the stamps it is an obvious fabrication.
I used it as an illustration of a true story though, and that was probably the intention of whomever made it.

I thought my point was obvious but it seems it was not so let me spell it out.
Different people have different opinions of an individual skill level, and it is ultimately the market that decides whether one's skills ore useful in any particular area. If you get a an engineering job and someone is willing to hire you and continue paying you money doing engineering then you are an engineer.
If you are good at memorizing and passing exams that result in an "Engineer" degree but are no good at engineering and nobody is willing to pay for your skills, or buy your products, then you are not an engineer.

Some people felt that the patent clerk Einstein did not have a proper education and was not qualified to be a Physicist.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

If so, then how do you explain his PhDs? One of which happened before said fake letter.

Some day, you'll need to explain to me how using a fake letter validates someone having an issue with Einstein's PhDs.
The reason they rejected his dissertation submission was nothing as articulated in the fake letter. It was subsequently resubmitted (not long later even) and Bern granted the (second) Doctorate to Einstein. This was a bad way to try and make your point.

In any event, yes, it is the market that drives skill utilization. That said, it is regulatory that drives skill verification and subsequent certifications of engineering or designs. Many companies are willing to hire subject matter experts to support technical needs, these same companies are not willing to risk litigation or insurance drama by using uncertified technical experts to validate iaw with regulatory guidance. This, as I have pointed out before, is about ensuring public safety. Many a "self-proclaimed" expert has been found on the dirty end of a lawsuit/prosecution and paid dearly for screwing shit up while reaching too far. And rightly so.