Funding Polywell by an ICO

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

pbelter

Funding Polywell by an ICO

Post by pbelter »

I have been looking at the growth of the crypto-currency market and its recent exponential growth, and all the things happening around it such as the smart contract and the Initial Coin Offerings or ICOs.
Recently Gnosis, a distributed computing startup raised $12M thru an ICO … all in 12 minutes.

This made me thinking. What if we could fund Polywell research thru an ICO? When Dr Bussard first proposed Polywell in my ignorance I thought that an IPO would be a great idea to fund this development. Little had I known that IPOs are heavily regulated ventures and as such are only usable to raise capital for existing and well established companies rather than to gather funding for brand new ideas. This is the government’s way of protecting investors by saying “new ventures are risky so by killing their funding we protect you from risk”

This is not the case for an ICO which is completely unregulated, and while it is risky, it does offer opportunity to fund brand new far-fetched ideas and profit from them unlike crowdfunding.

Here is how it would work:
- We would establish new crypto currency called Fuzor (FZR), it can be copy of existing blockchain and not necessarily original.
- The value of the currency would be based on the promise of future commercial Polywell device
- We would do an ICO where significant portion of the funds somewhere between 10-20 % would go to EMC2 funding
- EMC2 would agree to trade all future patents and other sales only in FZR

Sounds crazy? It kind of does, but it still could work. Dodgecoin, a project started as a joke, has market capitalization of over $140 million.

paperburn1

Re: Funding Polywell by an ICO

Post by paperburn1 »

Correct me if I a wrong but I thought the reason funding was not coming along was there was not enough of the pie to spread around a big enough share to attract venture capital . ( rumor from a post I read somewhere, no confirmable facts)
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

kunkmiester

Post by kunkmiester »

As I recall, there were plenty of investors interested, but Bussard insisted on a substantial amount of control over the technology, which was unconventional and kept anything from coming. There was also classification from the Navy, which while minor kept publishing for a while. I'm not sure where emc2 is on either point right now, though they have been publishing more
Evil is evil, no matter how small

pbelter

Post by pbelter »

Those are good points, and a good question: Where is EMC2 now?
One would think that a slice of a large pie is better than slice of a zero pie.

On the other hand ICO would allow EMC2 to keep full control of the company. The profits fro the investors would be derived from the demand for the coins in which the technology is to be licensed. EMC2 would retain 100% control.

This is like a rubber manufacturer investing in Fort model T, just for the promise of being the sole tire supplier if it works out.

choff

Post by choff »

Coinmarketcap.com lists over 800 different cryptocurrencies. I bought litecoin at $25.00 Canadian, it immediately went down to $3.50, now it's finally up to $40.00. FZR would have to compete with all the others, if I'd known Bitcoin would go over $2,000 when they were giving it away for free I could probably afford to fund Polywell right now. It's important with any crypto that a max. limit is put on production, with an increasing cost to mine it. Almost as involving as building a Polywell fusor itself.
CHoff

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Personally, I wouldn't be greatly surprised to see crypto-currencies as a class go the way of tulip bulbs. The better designed currencies may be immune to internal inflation of coins, but there's no hard cap on the number of new currencies.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Personally, my take on cryptocurrencies from the start is that they are a repackaged Ponzi Scheme. The folks got/getting rich, are those who are held up by the ones who came/come after, seeking rich. It is all imaginary.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

choff

Post by choff »

I just found out the real reason crypto currency valuations, especially for bitcoin, have been going through the roof lately. Nothing to do with demand out of Japan based on fears of war with N Korea.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-1 ... lobal-huge

Payment in bitcoins only.

Heck, maybe the whole blowup over N Korea was cover for buying up bitcoin to make ransom payments. This is the real beauty of allowing security services the ability to hack into anything, anytime, anywhere. Once thieves steal the SS's tools the whole wired up world is totally screwed.
CHoff

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

choff wrote:I just found out the real reason crypto currency valuations, especially for bitcoin, have been going through the roof lately. Nothing to do with demand out of Japan based on fears of war with N Korea.

Heck, maybe the whole blowup over N Korea was cover for buying up bitcoin to make ransom payments. This is the real beauty of allowing security services the ability to hack into anything, anytime, anywhere. Once thieves steal the SS's tools the whole wired up world is totally screwed.
From what I understand the viruses used for these were developed by the NSA and leaked a few months ago. Whoever expected that this would not be eventually abused by the bad guys is naive.
Last edited by Skipjack on Sat May 13, 2017 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Thats why you have a weekly airgap backup.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Note to self, should I ever go black hat, a latency period between my malware's infection and overt action.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

pbelter

Post by pbelter »

choff wrote:I just found out the real reason crypto currency valuations, especially for bitcoin, have been going through the roof lately. Nothing to do with demand out of Japan based on fears of war with N Korea.

The funny thing is that those guys only got paid 50,000 because it is not so easy to get bitcoin on short notice.
The ransoms are recurring scheme and we should expect more of them. Cryptocurrencies are just tools, same as any tool , can be used for good and bad.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

And as I understand, it quickly became apparent that there was no viable way to have the "hijackers" unlock the encrypted data. So paying was pointless.
Additionally, the money will probably sit unclaimed in a BITCOIN string for the rest of digital eternity, out of fear by the criminals they will be tracked if they try to access it and transfer it or convert it. Apparently the virus ID'd the BITCOIN wallet. Meh, dunno, don't actually care.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

ladajo wrote:Personally, my take on cryptocurrencies from the start is that they are a repackaged Ponzi Scheme. The folks got/getting rich, are those who are held up by the ones who came/come after, seeking rich. It is all imaginary.

This.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

ladajo wrote:And as I understand, it quickly became apparent that there was no viable way to have the "hijackers" unlock the encrypted data. So paying was pointless.
Not exactly true
The unlock scheme does work and it is documented that they do unlock you. The problem resides in the fact that they do not remove or disable the virus and they could lock you back up at a later date and time of their choosing. which I expect to be coming very soon for those that have paid the first time. Also windows 10 does not have the vulnerability that was used and is sort of safe until the next generation arrives. Air gap backup has made me the hero more than once, when will people learn?