LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Carl White

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by Carl White »

ladajo wrote: And a year from now, there will still be no <insert name>-Cat on the market, nor in five years, ten or ever. What will the devout be saying then? Same shit I suspect...
I don't know about that, even the EEStor faithful eventually dried out and blew away.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Still some hangers-on out there I believe...
Like Steorn, some folks are mind blanking themselves to the liquidation process, and behaving like Steorn is still real.
I have even seen some folks still citing Defkalion as proof that LENR / Rossi is real...

Meh. I hope you are right. It still makes me sad to think that the Rossiclown 'got away with it'. I guess time will tell how true that is.
I do hope that someone is still planning to take him down. He is a blight on society and science.

I have been considering starting a small hobby business selling "Rossi is full of shit" gear.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

That was quite unexpected outcome and yes, very sad also...
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

However even in sadness comes comedy.

I just made a quick check of the Sock Puppet Extravaganza, and noticed that on July 8, Rossiclown stated that there will be (are?) many models of E-Cat to include the Quack-X (now QX...Sock Puppets beware...). And then on July 9, he states there is now only the Quack-X!
And..., wait for it..., "there will be ready" an Industrial unit ready within the year! (Don't hold your breath...)

The hits just keep on rolling!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This guy just can't help himself, he really is mentally unbalanced!
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Italo R.
July 10, 2017 at 1:18 PM
Dr. Rossi, you have written:
“…The matter of the fact is that our Clients are all waiting for the E-Cat in the QX version….”
This is why you have focused exclusively on the QX. And the Customers know very well what is better for them!
But, as the regular (old) E-Cat is already ready for the market, I am afraid that the industrial version of QX could need too much time to be ready.
What do you think?
Best regards,
Italo R.

Andrea Rossi
July 10, 2017 at 1:32 PM
Italo R.:
No, we’ll be ready with the industrial application of the E-Cat QX by the next year. We are already building a prototype.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
Obro
July 9, 2017 at 3:02 PM
Dear Dr. Rossi,
What are your plans for the regular e-cat(not the QuarkX)?
Do you still intend to produce it, and if yes, would it be this year?
Kindest regards,
Obro

Andrea Rossi
July 9, 2017 at 3:55 PM
Obro:
The matter of the fact is that our Clients are all waiting for the E-Cat in the QX version.
We will go where the market will want us to go.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
John Bull
July 8, 2017 at 4:22 PM
Dear Dottore,
I hope this mail finds you well.
Congratulations with the settlement. I can imagine that you feel greatly relieved now you can work on your beloved technology again.
The more blog posts I read, the more I believe that you at some point should embrace the term “Planet Rossi”. More and more I find the term, although initially it meant negative, very powerful.
Perhaps one can compare the term to Singapore’s “Red Dot”. A minister from Malaysia once used the term while pointing at a map and tried to be funny. Now it is the strong nickname of Singapore.
All the best and continuing supporting you in the blogosphere.
JB
P.S.
I hope you can continue with the E-Cat naming, also for the QuarkX.

Andrea Rossi
July 8, 2017 at 9:03 PM
John Bull:
Thank you for your sustain!
Yes, I am very happy to be able to stay with my E-Cat: yes, the registered trademark “E-Cat” is the name of all our products, independently from the model: we’ll have the E-Cat QuarkX, the E-Cat LT, HT etc, depending on the kind.
I did not know about the fact that there is around the definition “Planet Rossi”: interesting your parallel with the ” Red Dot “, he, he, he. Well, I will make acquainted my team of the fact that we are the Planet Rossi. In this case we have to decide which star we orbit around: let’s think our Sun is the will of God.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

So the Settlement has leaked via the nut job Sifferkoll. On the surface it appears that Rossiclown gave him the Settlement document and an interview.

Per the settlement, IH walks away in entirety. They destroy or give everything back to Rossiclown. From my seat, that is a clear statement on complete lack of value. Basically, 'you want your trash? Have it.'

I am sure that the devout useful idiots will claim this as a great and powerful victory for the Rossiclown. It will be amusing.

Up next, Quack-X, or now "E-CAT QX", another impossible joke...

I wonder how many condos Rossiclown has to sell to pay his lawyers, or if he will even bother...?

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

And Rossi keeps the original $11,000,000?
Not a bad since I bet he went cheap on his legal team.

Keeps his so-called IP and equipment. So he can continue doing what he does. Seems to me to be the better deal. That said, IH getting out while they could and not risking the decisions of a non-technical jury was a wise move.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Yes, it had to be a tough call. Walking away seemed the easier option. I am disappointed they didn't stick it out, I think they would have carried the day. However, there was a real risk for "split the baby".

I do think the pumping capacity issue was enough on its own to sink the SS Rossiclown. Watching the Faithful try to argue massive variance in flow for a fixed volume, stable cycle rate Positive Displacement pump was extremely entertaining for me. They truly demonstrated they had no idea what they were talking about. Even Rossiclown got into it with his interview and had to come off looking like an idiot to anyone who actually understands PD pumps. I know he did for me. "Backpressure...". <Giggle>

While Rossiclown's spectacular flaming demise has been put off, I firmly believe he will aim for another mountain to crash into. And probably soon.

Does anyone want to take bets on the name of the 'after E-Cat QX' device? I give it 12 months or less before 'it' is named... and "QX" is placed on the Rossiclown Rubbish Heap, like so many before it, again never making it to market...

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

Am I remembering correctly that he's had four different variations on a theme so far? The e-cat, the hot cat, the one "in use" now, and the squawk ... I mean, quark-x ? Considering he hasn't actually sold anything, it amazes me that people still buy into it. I'd love for it to work, but not enough to stash my brain in a closet in order to believe it is possible with Rossi's "technology".

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Yes, and don't forget the table tops, and the Six-pack thingy. Or the miracle materials science and isotope separation devices (which have never been seen...)

On another note, one of the dudes over at LENR Forum bought one of the pump types that Rossiclown used in Doral off of eBay, and is going to test it for volumetric flow rates. I guess my rant on PD pumps was well timed! I will be happy to see how the Rossiclown responds to getting slapped in the face with reality once the test results are tabled.

:D

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

As an update, initial posted pump test results show <sarcastic surprise!> that the pump is pushing at best 2/3 of the flow Rossiclown claimed.

The initial response from Sockpuppet World and The Faithful is that Rossiclown had another (unknown) pump 'pushing' the PD metering pumps. Of course this is nonsense, and shows that these folks have no idea how a diaphragm PD pump works.

In simple terms for those without pump engineering backgrounds:
Inlet is a Check Valve, such that it only allows flow in on a pull (Suction) stroke, and seats when the pump makes its push (Discharge) stroke.
The diaphragm acts essentially like a piston, just has a funny shape in comparison.
The Outlet is a Check Valve, such that it only allows forward flow on a push stroke (discharge), and seats when the pump makes its reverse stroke for fill, due to the the difference in pressure from the discharge header being higher than the pump displacement chamber.

Fluid Source ==> Inlet Check ==> Diaphragm ==> Outlet check ==> Discharge Header

Fill Stroke

Low Pressure (Suction created by Diaphragm expansion) ==> Inlet Check Valve open ==> Expanding Chamber =\= Outlet Check Valve Closed (Discharge Header pressure above Chamber Pressure) =\= No flow

Discharge Stroke

No flow =\= Inlet Check Valve shut (Higher chamber side pressure created by Diaphragm compression) =\= Compressing Chamber ==> Outlet Check Valve Open (Chamber Pressure more than Discharge Header pressure ==> flow

Thus, if you tried to have a pressurized suction header in order to 'boost' pump flow in a PD Pump, all you have accomplished is to make the fill cycle easier, and use less pump power to fill the chamber (ie. pump motor load is less on the expansion stroke). Once the pump stroke cycles to compression, given that water is essentially incompressible, the Inlet Check Valve is forced shut (thereby isolating the chamber from the feed header), and then the pump pushes the chamber fluid out the Discharge Check Valve, which is now forced open when chamber pressure exceeds the discharge header pressure. Thus if the discharge header pressure is higher, the pump motor is loaded more as it works a little harder to created the pressure differential. The final point being that in a PD pump, discharge Head is independent of suction Head, and as such only manifests as pump motor loading, not flow rate. And depending on the motor type, this loading may need to be extreme to see any difference in pump cycle rate.

One of the newer arguments from the Faithful is that there was a mythical separate pump which feed the heating units on a bypass of the metering pumps... right... never seen in any photos... never heard of until questions were raised about existing pump capacities... sure...

Anyway pump testing continues to account for all possible modes of operation. So far, posted results are no surprise.

Meanwhile, the Rossiclown continues his New And Improved Ecat! Quackx campaign... I wonder what he will call the next one... Meoowx? Roarx?... Barkx?...??? I pity The Faithful, and suppose that at the end of the day, there is always going to be someone willing to drink the Kool-Aid. Jim Jones would be proud, as would P.T. Barnum.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

To my mind the sudden declaration of a second, previously unspoken of, pump is directly equivalent to teh device having a second, previously unspoken of, power source. Fishy.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Or an invisible pink flying heat exchanger...

Adding to the above post, some folks are trying to argue that if you force feed the PD Diaphragm pump, you can get higher flows through it. Sure, you could do that, you could over pressure the suction, such that it is higher than the discharge header pressure, and at that point both Check Valves should be forced open, and you would free flow the pump chamber. However, at that point, you wouldn't have a pump... you would have an open line with an oscillating diaphragm doing nothing as it could not build head against open check valves for suction or discharge. And, in accordance with Bernoulli's and Pascal's laws, minus some head drop across the pipes, check valves, and pump chamber, the discharge header would be at slightly less than the suction header pressure for the given flow. In fact, it would be just low enough to hold both check valves open in free flow... One would see a differential across the pump (high on suction, lower on discharge) more or less equal to the valve seat drop and spring loading of the check valves.

OBTW, Rossi is full of shit.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

And just to be clear, there are ways to boost flow and pressure, Its just not possible the way it is described here with the equipment used.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Yes there certainly are. I would call them a 'different design'...

:D