BLP news

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack

Re: BLP news

Post by Skipjack »

Carl White wrote:
The surprise news is that the company now plans to build and lease a “thermal” version of the SunCell before the electricity generating version is ready for deployment. The decision to focus initially on a device that will produce steam, hot air, and hot water ...
Sigh. Where have we heard this before.
... before the more complex and expensive “photovoltaic” version suggests that the first commercial versions of the device could be available next year – if, of course, the reliability testing goes well.
Surprise news? I am not surprised, not surprised at all! I thought that the photovoltaics were all based on "off the shelf technology" and so on.
I of course this is going to drag on and on and on for more years and years. I bet the next "heat and steam" version will be just as controversial and impossible to verify as Rossiclown's device. It looks like Mill's saw how well Rossiclown was able to dupe people with his contraption and is now switching tactics to get more time and more money out if his investors. Next year it will be something else that causes the delay, but the claims are going to get even more fantastic at the same time.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

So, roughly a year ago today:
The saga of Brilliant Light Power has reached its apex. (It's culminating! It's culminating!) In a conference on October 26, Dr. Randell Mills and several industry partners presented the design and prototype of an energy generation device that is scheduled to go to field testing early next year. It has been promised for many years, with many false starts. But if it is ever going to be, this has to be it.
A cover story in "Chemical and Engineering News", by way of "Scientific American" discusses the device. https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ld-exist1/
The conference videos are on youtube. Presenters include Dr. Mills, an environmentalist (of course), several scientific validators, representatives of the CPVC manufacturer and the product engineering company partners. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDJo833 ... mSphBIp4ye
Videos of bench tests of the reactor at various design stages are also available. What they truly show, who can tell? http://brilliantlightpower.com/plasma-video/
What do we have from BLP out there now? Nothing.

Just as in previous iterations in which the world was promised commercial reactors by Mills.

Time to move BLP fully into the Rossi/EEStor bin.

Maui

Post by Maui »

Ah, EEStor-- I legitimately forgot about them.

In the meantime, while EEStor would obviously have had other advantages beyond density, the plain old Li-ion has quietly significantly eclipsed EEStor's claimed specs in Wh/L (877 vs 700) and is within spitting distance in Wh/kg (322 vs 385). (Comparing to Tesla 2170)

With solid state lithium batteries seemingly inevitable, even if you bought into EEStor, they're close to losing almost all of their advantages.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Maui wrote: With solid state lithium batteries seemingly inevitable, even if you bought into EEStor, they're close to losing almost all of their advantages.
If these advantages ever existed in the first place...

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

Skipjack wrote:
Maui wrote: With solid state lithium batteries seemingly inevitable, even if you bought into EEStor, they're close to losing almost all of their advantages.
If these advantages ever existed in the first place...
Thats his point. Whether EEStor ever really worked is pretty much irrelevant if "normal" batteries have already matched, and possibly exceeded, their capabilities.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

https://cleantechnica.com/2017/12/18/bm ... -vehicles/

Solid Power expects to see a 150–200% range Solid Power 1st - 2nd Generation Battery Range increase with its first-generation cell. With its second-generation cell, the company hopes to reach range increases of 200–300%. If achieved, these increases would clearly be game changing for electric vehicles.

Campbell also expects to be cost competitive with Li-ion batteries, which are headed toward a cost trajectory of under $100/kWh in three to four years (battery cells, at least … if not battery packs). “We have to be there as well,” he says.

looks to me their biggest problem is number of charge cycles, they are getting hundreds , tesla and others are getting thousands
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

More forward looking statements. Still in development (will never be out). New ways of doing things (of course). Can't see an actual timeline this time. They are "almost there" as they have always been. I still find it (somewhat) entertaining during a time of otherwise slow news.
https://brilliantlightpower.com/third-q ... 18-update/

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

Since news is slow lately:

"World's First Closed Suncell"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM-h9bguelk

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

It would be more entertaining if an angry mob of scammed investors raided the place, torched it down and dipped in tar and feathers all those scammers.

That would made for an interesting day.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

It's a bright future! LOL
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

PolyGirl

Post by PolyGirl »

Two years ago ±1 day, (page 42) I made a post and still there is no device from Mills that will provide unlimited power (27 years). Now that is what I call a bright future.

Regards
Polygirl
PS Mills is full of Shit
The more I know, the less I know.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

:)
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Still waiting for the faking-his-own-death phase of product development...

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

BLP has announced an "invitational public demonstration" to occur some time between January 25th and February 5th of 2021, and a video stream of the event for others interested, on its website, https://brilliantlightpower.com/.

Can only hope it will be better than a Rossi-quality demonstration.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

If after all what happened in the last 20 years they are still able to find people willing to invest in their magical technology, than I can only say that those people deserve to part ways with their money...
A society of dogmas is a dead society.