Anything happen post-announcement?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

JohnP

Anything happen post-announcement?

Post by JohnP »

I know I'm being impatient but wondering if EMC2 has received the Navy's funds yet, if they have a lab (New Mexico?), etc.

tonybarry

Post by tonybarry »

Hello John,
MSimon posted the news on his blog:-

http://iecfusiontech.blogspot.com/
(Thursday, August 23, 2007)

It is confirmed by Tom Ligon in this post:-

viewtopic.php?t=128

but since then there has been no further public news that I am aware of.

I also would like to hear some confirmatory news ...

Regards,
Tony Barry

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

As soon as I am able to confirm this from public sources I will do a post.

Dr. B is working.

tonybarry

Post by tonybarry »

Thank you Simon. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Tony Barry

Keegan

Post by Keegan »

So correct me if im wrong but basically because the navy reintroduced their funding, that put EMC2 back under a non disclosure immediately. Therefore they cant even disclose they fact they got funded ?

It seems to me that the powers that be are either

1. Intentionally crippling the advancement of polywell for economic reasons
2. Slowly realizing they have let the best thing since the Manhattan project leak out on the internet. And from now its top secret, full steam.
Purity is Power

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Keegan wrote:So correct me if im wrong but basically because the navy reintroduced their funding, that put EMC2 back under a non disclosure immediately. Therefore they cant even disclose they fact they got funded ?

2. Slowly realizing they have let the best thing since the Manhattan project leak out on the internet. And from now its top secret, full steam.
There are more possibilities than that. Perhaps they do not want hordes of reporters descending on them until they have results.

As far as my sources are concerned the lack of publicity is voluntary rather than imposed. The same is true for me.

BTW I expect that once results are announced we will get a Manhattan project. I have had several sources tell me that Congress critters are intensely interested.

The lack of public sources is frustrating. It is no reason to start inventing 100 mi. carburetor suppression theories.

gblaze42

Conspiracy, I think not.

Post by gblaze42 »

So correct me if im wrong but basically because the navy reintroduced their funding, that put EMC2 back under a non disclosure immediately. Therefore they cant even disclose they fact they got funded ?

I doubt that they are trying to cover up Polywell. from a military stand point, it's just good sense to not leak how well/bad things are going to your enemies.

JD

Post by JD »

MSimon

Any hints that he's at least received more staff and better lab facilities?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

As I understand it he has a minimal budget to complete WB-7. This should not be a handicap since WB-7 is a repeat of WB-6 with improvements.

That should be satisfactory since many of us are training ourselves to be in readiness to join the project. I would give my left nut to be asked to help. I have heard similar sentiments from others.

I have heard a lot of folks say that they would be willing to work on this for well below the going rate since they see the value of the project. Dr. B. (or the Navy) will have a good selection of people to choose from.

BTW the rate of interest is growing. I'm getting e-mails from engineers and scientists at the rate of about one every week. Three months ago it was one a month or less.

From hints and rumors I have heard I expect that Congress will Manhattanize the project if WB-7 tests are successful.

zbarlici

Post by zbarlici »

Four months `till "fusion or bust"