Dr. Bussard's Final Interview

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Dr. Bussard's Final Interview

Post by MSimon »

Tim Ventura of American Anti-Gravity has audio of Dr. Bussard's last public interview. A link can be found by following the trail that starts here:

http://powerandcontrol.blogspot.com/200 ... rview.html

Keegan

Post by Keegan »

It was good to hear the doctors last interview. Thanks for the link MSimon. It may help spread the word a little further, although i doubt appearing on American anti gravity is going to help the polywell's credibility. I dont have anything against Tim Ventura but i read into the Nazi Bell (secret nazi antigravity experiments) American Anti gravity hyped up about a month ago. What a crock of shit. A lot of just speculation mixed with a story "I want to beleive"

Its just sad with so much fringe fusion quackery over the years, people just find it hard to accept that the late Dr was the real deal.
Purity is Power

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

You can tell from the interview that Tim is a fringie.

However, I think it was interesting to get some history recorded from the Drs. own mouth.

Good to hear that the Dr. understood economics. i.e. 40 year roll out is not conspiracy.

Also good to hear about building 17 reactors for the nuclear rocket program.

I do believe we will have to do something like that for the BR (Bussard Reactor). I like BR because it is html code for "break". If the physics is good and the engineering accomplished it will be a major break for civilization. An inflection point.

A little Break music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_JPydmj5bU

Keegan

Post by Keegan »

Haha. Id prefer to send my vinyl of "this is the end" to the tokamak boys.

When we get around to firing a polywell up, im sure "light my fire" would be on the playlist. =D
Purity is Power

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

There were a couple of bars of Light My Fire at the beginning which is why I chose that version.

However, I'm with you, if the results of WB-7 prove positive I propose changing the Fusion Team Song from Break On Through to Light My Fire.

And I'd love to see This Is The End for the Tokamakers!

jlumartinez

Post by jlumartinez »

Joe,

It will be great to add the direct interview link to your page of Polywell references. MSimon, thanks for the link

Does anybody know about the 100 pages technical paper about Polywell promised by Dr. on the Google video? Has it been released to any technical issue?

I agree with Keegan that AntiGravity is not a good place for Polywell. We should avoid any confusion. We want to create fusion not confusion. Maybe it is better if we copy the audio file and put it in another website (respecting the copyright of course, referring it and writing the name of the owner in the web-text) but avoiding to make a link to AG website. Is it possible?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

jlumartinez,

That would be bad manners. I worked with Tim to get it published. He originally sent it to me as a private e-mail and I encouraged him to publish so all of you could have access.

If the Doc was willing to speak there, we should not be afraid of the connection.

1. The truth speaks for itself
2. We no longer need to raise funds

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

jlumartinez wrote:Joe,

Does anybody know about the 100 pages technical paper about Polywell promised by Dr. on the Google video? Has it been released to any technical issue?
As far as I know it will not be forthcoming. The Doc put all his remaining energy in getting the project funded and then getting it started.

The project team is working from lab notes.

kurt9

100 page technical paper

Post by kurt9 »

It will be great to add the direct interview link to your page of Polywell references. MSimon, thanks for the link

I agree with Keegan that AntiGravity is not a good place for Polywell. We should avoid any confusion. We want to create fusion not confusion. Maybe it is better if we copy the audio file and put it in another website (respecting the copyright of course, referring it and writing the name of the owner in the web-text) but avoiding to make a link to AG website. Is it possible?
Yes, I think that Tim Ventura (of AntiGravity) is somewhat flakey. Maybe the interview can be put up in this or one of the other Polywell websites.

It is unlikely the 100 page technical paper will be released to the general public now that the Navy has stepped back up to the plate, with regards to funding.

I tried, unsuccessfully, to get a copy of this paper because I wanted to send it to some people I know with deep pockets in both Japan and China who were interested in this technology. Perhaps it was mine and other peoples' attempts to do this that motivated the Navy to refund Dr. Bussard's work.

My understanding is that the Navy is providing the capital sufficient to review the WB6 test data. If this checks out, further funding will be provided for WB7 and, if necessary, WB8. These appear to be necessary to confirm that Dr. Bussard's theory is correct.

MSimon

Re: 100 page technical paper

Post by MSimon »

kurt9 wrote:

Yes, I think that Tim Ventura (of AntiGravity) is somewhat flakey. Maybe the interview can be put up in this or one of the other Polywell websites.
Let me state again. BAD MANNERS. If you don't like the source you don't have to listen or tell your friends. Pulling the audio so you don't have to tell where you got it is bad blog etiquette. What ever Tim's reputation, we have to keep ours.

Since I have already announced to 3K to 5K readers where the audio came from it is too late to put the cat back in the bag. It will make us look petty.

Do a search on

Tim Ventura Bussard

and see what comes first. The Truth is out there.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Kurt,

WB7 is being built as we speak.

I'm more inclined to believe that it was our grass roots effort to get Dr. B's research recognized that made the difference.

Especially the postings at NASA Spaceflight.

Let me add that as far as I know the 100 page paper will not be forthcoming.

It makes no difference now. If WB-7 shows promise the US Navy is on tap to build the 100 MW demo.

Nanos

Post by Nanos »

In what way is the WB7 different to the WB6 ?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

As I understand it: more robust.

WB-6 had coils wound with Polythermaleze. Very nice stuff as the insulation strips with heat. However, that reduces the max temp the coil can withstand by 100 deg C.

They may also be adding cooling to the coils so the time between runs is reduced. However, I have no knowledge of that.

I think it will have a custom vacuum chamber. If I was doing it the coils would all be individually supported on standoffs by the chamber to eliminate any metal not well shielded by the magnetic fields.

Any way all speculation on my part. The first sentence really captures the intent.

zbarlici

Post by zbarlici »

MSimon wrote:Kurt,

WB7 is being built as we speak.

I'm more inclined to believe that it was our grass roots effort to get Dr. B's research recognized that made the difference.

Especially the postings at NASA Spaceflight.

Let me add that as far as I know the 100 page paper will not be forthcoming.

It makes no difference now. If WB-7 shows promise the US Navy is on tap to build the 100 MW demo.

I`m hoping that there are enough people in the US govt that care to see this through, but last i checked th big corporations still have the govt on a leash.... actually i am VERY afraid that polywell will get buried still!

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

I have some sources who tell me that Congress is VERY interested and has had to be put on a leash to keep them from charging ahead. It will be bi-partisan.

It all depends on the results from WB-7.

The ME oil sheiks are hated by both parties for different reasons.

The thing is we must keep getting the word out. Build a constituency. Get Greens on our side (or at least get them divided).

Now is not the time to slack off on our education campaign.