Extra Fabulouous Super Duper Really Cool Fusion

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Extra Fabulouous Super Duper Really Cool Fusion

Post by MSimon »

Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Billy Catringer

Post by Billy Catringer »

They claim that this thing will not produce any radioactive waste, but I cannot see how that would be possible. It will produce neutrons and that will activate the Pd turning it into radioactive isotopes of Pd, Ag, and Rh. The neutrons will also produce tritium from the lithium salts.

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

Billy Catringer wrote:They claim that this thing will not produce any radioactive waste, but I cannot see how that would be possible.
Billy... take another look at the contempt dripping from the thread's title: "Extra Fabulouous Super Duper Really Cool Fusion"

I suspect Simon agrees with you about this... :twisted:
Vae Victis

Billy Catringer

Post by Billy Catringer »

djolds1 wrote:
Billy Catringer wrote:They claim that this thing will not produce any radioactive waste, but I cannot see how that would be possible.
Billy... take another look at the contempt dripping from the thread's title: "Extra Fabulouous Super Duper Really Cool Fusion"

I suspect Simon agrees with you about this... :twisted:

My apologies. I get a little thick after I lose sleep and I've been staying up a bit too much here of late. Anyway, when they make claims that are so obviously wrong right up front you have to doubt the rest.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Billy Catringer wrote:They claim that this thing will not produce any radioactive waste, but I cannot see how that would be possible. It will produce neutrons and that will activate the Pd turning it into radioactive isotopes of Pd, Ag, and Rh.
Please note that they CLAIM that the D-D reaction creates an 4He, NOT a T+n. They claim aneutronic. No neutron, no radioactivation. I see significant momentum issues, but maybe the momentum is discipated in the paladium strip.

Yeah, well, maybe. I don't personally plan to invest in it.

mike betie

Post by mike betie »

I have been following the work with SuperWave Fusion for a while.
They say 2 independent labs have replicated the process.
The company is called Energetic Technologies.
http://superwavefusion.com/

I think there is a lot more cold fusion news to come soon!

gblaze42

Post by gblaze42 »

Yes and I hope some of it will be credible.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

gblaze42 wrote:
Yes and I hope some of it will be credible.
I think our friend "Mike" is a promoter.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

mike betie

Breaking News on Cold Fusion

Post by mike betie »

Just saw this on a website for a company that is working with Cold Fusion!
In a landmark broadcast airing Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 7pm EST, CBS News Magazine, ’60 Minutes’, profiles the breakthrough research accomplished by Energetics Technologies LLC in the field of Low Energy Nuclear Reaction (LENR), historically referred to as ‘Cold Fusion’.

This story is heating up, here is the link to their website.
www.energeticstechnologies.com

MSimon

Re: Breaking News on Cold Fusion

Post by MSimon »

mike betie wrote:Just saw this on a website for a company that is working with Cold Fusion!
In a landmark broadcast airing Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 7pm EST, CBS News Magazine, ’60 Minutes’, profiles the breakthrough research accomplished by Energetics Technologies LLC in the field of Low Energy Nuclear Reaction (LENR), historically referred to as ‘Cold Fusion’.

This story is heating up, here is the link to their website.
www.energeticstechnologies.com
Of course it is a huge breakthrough. It has to be or the marks won't pony up.

Now what is the output in dollars per watt? Capital costs. Running costs. And is the energy delivered as low grade heat or can we actually generate electricity from it at reasonable costs?

I haven't even seen any estimates.

But perhaps our friend Mike has run the numbers. If so Mr. Mike could you please post them here?