FAQ definition MaGrid

Discuss the technical details of an "open source" community-driven design of a polywell reactor.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

KitemanSA

FAQ definition MaGrid

Post by KitemanSA »

Please review and comment on this first cut:

MaGrid

ohiovr

Post by ohiovr »

looks good to me

Roger

Post by Roger »

What no Quasi Spherical, no electrons pushing against the mag field lines, no wiffleballs?

Did I miss something?
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Suggestions?

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

KitemanSA wrote:Suggestions?
... The critical geometry and strength of the magnetic fields and electric fields produced by the MaGrid makes possible the high efficiency electron containment in a small nearly spherical volume within the grid. This leads to the formation of the "Wiffleball" effect which is essential for the sucessful operation of the machine.

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

Roger

Post by Roger »

Lemme borrow that....

MaGrid is short for Magnetic grid, consisting of the 6 coils in WB-6&7.

... The geometry and strength of the magnetic and electric fields produced by the MaGrid results in a high efficiency electron containment system.

Once you crank up the MaGrid power, and a sufficient number of electrons lie within the quasi spherical volume within the MaGrid, electrons push back at the magnetic fields, squeezing the magnetic fields and reducing magnetic field cusps to a smaller diameter, increasing the electron confinement efficiency. While the magnetic fields push back at the electrons, pushing the electrons to the center, where they form the potential well.

This describes the "Wiffleball" effect where the magnetic fields and electrons behave with mutual repulsion, which is essential for the successful operation of the machine.
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.