Set the controls for the heart of the Sun (dailymail.co.uk)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

vernes

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun (dailymail.co.uk)

Post by vernes »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive ... t-Sun.html
The downside? It'll take billions of pounds, and more than three decades, to find out.
comments anyone?

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

The sun isn't a toroid.

Art Carlson

Post by Art Carlson »

TallDave wrote:The sun isn't a toroid.
William Blake wrote:"What," it will be Question'd, "When the Sun rises, do you not see a round disk of fire somewhat like a Guinea?" Oh no, no, I see a toroid.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Heh.

Myself, I see an innumerable company of PhDs crying “Holy, Holy, Holy is the Tokamak.”

alexjrgreen

Post by alexjrgreen »

TallDave wrote:Myself, I see an innumerable company of PhDs crying “Holy, Holy, Holy is the Tokamak.”
"... the Spherical Tokamak", perhaps?
Ars artis est celare artem.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

There is a [man-made] spherical toakamak design, of course, and who's to say that the Sun isn't one inside.

I've proposed that ball lightning is a self-confining toroidal discharge that is also rotating very quickly on two major axes. That'd look like a ball but would still satisfy the 'hairy ball' condition. Maybe you'll find rotating toroids in the sun.....

To anyone that says 'no it isn't', I say 'go to the Sun and drill down 500,000 miles to the fusion core to prove the idea false!!!.... :lol: