EMC2 Gets $8 million

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Betruger wrote:I second that. Nothing to lose from it and possibly much to gain.
He is a member of this board and has posted in the past.

If some one wants to ask him to drop links to his posts in the Design section or maybe News that would be good.

When I do visit his site I always try to leave some technical help if I have something to offer.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

BenTC

Post by BenTC »

kttopdad wrote:
BenTC wrote:
kttopdad wrote:I've often wondered what value Dr. Nebel gets out of posting here. ... I wonder that Dr. Nebel has providee as much information as he has.
You imply that Dr. Nebel is a money grabbing bastard. Some people have higher ideals.
You miss my point, I believe. I'm saying that Dr. Nebel is a saint to have participated as much as he has on this forum. I can't see that he gains anything for his trouble beyond shop-talk with (a few) peers, and I see a fair amount of risk to him. I don't begrudge him his relative silence: While I wait with bated breath for his renewed participation, I appreciate that 1) he's probably *very* busy right now and 2) he's probably working under a severe communication embargo.
Ahh, you mean *wonder*. I did miss your tone of voice. My apologies. Darn Inet.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

MSimon wrote:
Betruger wrote:I second that. Nothing to lose from it and possibly much to gain.

If some one wants to ask him to drop links to his posts in the Design section or maybe News that would be good.

When I do visit his site I always try to leave some technical help if I have something to offer.
Yes, I think it simply never came to him to ask for this .
I just got a quick exchange of e-mails with him, and he would love to have a section where he could post his progress and doubts.
After all this is probably the best place where to discuss such an ambitious project, and until (and if) we get some fresh data from the US Navy his project his the only one from which we can get some data and test some ideas.

Just my 2 cents.

Giorgio.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Giorgio wrote:
MSimon wrote:

Yes, I think it simply never came to him to ask for this .
I just got a quick exchange of e-mails with him, and he would love to have a section where he could post his progress and doubts.
After all this is probably the best place where to discuss such an ambitious project, and until (and if) we get some fresh data from the US Navy his project his the only one from which we can get some data and test some ideas.

Just my 2 cents.

Giorgio.
I can't start a special section and I doubt if Joe wants to. So use the system the way it is.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

That's too bad. He probably has multiple loose ends at any given time.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Betruger wrote:That's too bad. He probably has multiple loose ends at any given time.
He is free to post on the board anywhere he likes. Neither Joe nor I believe in tight moderation. As you can tell.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

I guess that means no one would mind if he started a few separate threads for his puzzle du jour :)

FAMULUS

Post by FAMULUS »

So far the comments section on my blog have worked really well. Time after time I've posted about a problem or cross roads, and received feedback that leads to a solution.

But in general the comments only work if the right people are reading the blog on the regular (currently getting about 100 - 300 visitors a day). So I guess I would just encourage the forum to visit the blog regularly, and leave comments.

For my part, I should cross post on the forum when I have a challenge that can be crowd sourced.

Generally I post my ideas in progress on the twitter feed:
http://twitter.com/famulusfusion

And use the blog more for the results of the various attempts:
http://prometheusfusionperfection.com/

Aero

Post by Aero »

I got a Google alert that this had been changed. I don't see anything new though.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?&s=opportunit ... bmode=list
Aero