Polywell FOIA

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

ladajo wrote:Did anyone keep a breakdown of what each contract was? I tried looking last night but got no luck.
I have also been thinking Peer Review (which I am not sure if NAVAIR has, or ONR - still nothing from them), and/or maybe a specific targeted contract number for Executive Summary type package...thus the reason for which Contract was which.

Be nice to know what Rick thinks about this fishing expedition...but he probably needs to stay out of it under contractual terms.
I was thinking about giving him a heads up about it and then thought better of it.

You know the rule:

NEVER ask a question you don't want the answer to.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Aero

Post by Aero »

MSimon wrote:
I was thinking about giving him a heads up about it and then thought better of it.

You know the rule:

NEVER ask a question you don't want the answer to.
And any, It’s easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
Aero

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

yup. Peer review and/including the statement of justification and supporting technical evidence for the further funding.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

OK, I have sent in the prioritization for the Peer Review under the 2 hours/100 pages deal. I have also provided additional information for a full waiver of fees to go beyond the 2/100 deal.

For Kiteman - let's see if they will budge on the fee waiver before we commit money. I am all about free stuff where possible :shock:

Now we wait again. <insert finger drumming here>

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Why am I hearing the theme to Final Jeopardy here?

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

I predict 23% of the results will be redacted. The key to limitless fusion power will be hidden under the blacked-out 23%.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

..or pay the $250 max and ask for everything.

vernes

Post by vernes »

DeltaV wrote:I predict 23% of the results will be redacted. The key to limitless fusion power will be hidden under the blacked-out 23%.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Another update:
I received a letter from ONR, they acknowledged reciept of my FOIA, and then said I do not get any fee break, and want $176 ($44/hr for 4 hours) for research money to go forward to cover efforts to find the information requested. One would think it(the research) would be a simple email to the ONR POC listed in the Contracting Documents that I already furnished, but in any event, I wrote a letter back and asked why I did not qualify for the free 2 hours, and 100 pages, and in addition provided further input to justify full waiver. ie: Non Commercial interest, Benefit to the Public in knowing the info, etc blah blah. I understand they are following the guidance they have on hand for costing, but if you have ZERO commercial interest and there is a clear benefit to the info being released to the general public, they are suppossed to waive the fees (their rules).

I also sent the letter to NAVAIR Weapons and asked to focus the 2 hours/100 pages to Peer Review for WB7 and 7.1. I also provided more info to help justify a full fee waiver.

Hopefully we will pull the Peer Review info from either NAVAIR or ONR at no cost.

<insert more finger drumming and jeopardy music here>

JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith »

Good job, ladajo. I'm really looking forward to results - ANY results, at this point.

ltgbrown

Post by ltgbrown »

Keep the press on. Can't wait to hear the results of your effort after all the silence to date! :P
Famous last words, "Hey, watch this!"

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

chrismb wrote:..or pay the $250 max and ask for everything.
I'm with chrismb on this, and offer $50 to the pot for the task. Anyone else?

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

I'm short on cash but I'll pitch in 25 bucks if it's still needed.

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

Betruger wrote:I'm short on cash but I'll pitch in 25 bucks if it's still needed.
Ditto. Email address for paypal remittance?
Vae Victis

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

And what's the deadline? The same ten business days from Jan 27?
In case anyone silently reading's wondering.