North Korean Fusion

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Giorgio » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:49 pm

WizWom

Postby WizWom » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Wandering Kernel of Happiness

MSimon

Postby MSimon » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:36 pm

MSimon

Postby MSimon » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:45 pm

MSimon

Postby MSimon » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:45 am

Giorgio
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Giorgio » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:37 am

MSimon

Postby MSimon » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:56 am

Giorgio

Postby Giorgio » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:14 pm

bcglorf

ME History

Postby bcglorf » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:17 pm

Exactly, the whole issue was engineered in at least two centuries, sometimes voluntarily and sometimes issues simply slipped from the master puppet hands and took a wrong turn.

You can as justifiably go back 2 millenniums. Western 'empires' are hardly the first to have come through and rearranged the ME. If you go back far enough 90% of the planet can probably lay claim to parts of the ME as a homeland stolen from their ancestors by force. The relevance in the last 2 centuries is simply that the Ottoman grip has been loosening over that time, but when they were on the rise they were just as much the 'master' taking over from the Byzantines.

For this exact reason in the eyes of cultured and moderate ME people our leaders are no more no less than what Saddam hussein was in our eyes.

No, your sources, if you have any for that, are wrong. Read Ali Allawi's "The Occupation of Iraq", he writes a very scathing critique of the American Occupation. He also lays out as self-evident that the overwhelming majority of ME peoples in and neighboring Iraq do not want Saddam back and nobody is pining for his return.

TallDave

Postby TallDave » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:18 pm

WizWom,

Actually, you've just committed the Godwin Invocation Fallacy. Godwin's Law only says that any political thread will eventually devolve to someone being hyperbolically compared to Hitler/Nazis (e.g. "Obama is for gun control -- just like Hitler! Republicans are against illegal immigration -- just like the Nazis!") at which time the thread is over and the person making the comparison loses. Actual history involving Nazis or Hitler is not a Godwin violation.

For falsely invoking Godwin's Law, I fine you 100 internets.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

WizWom

Postby WizWom » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Wandering Kernel of Happiness

bcglorf

umm

Postby bcglorf » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:34 pm

Giorgio

Re: ME History

Postby Giorgio » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:54 pm

TallDave

Postby TallDave » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:36 pm

n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

bcglorf

Catering Policy

Postby bcglorf » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:43 pm

I limited my analisys to the start of the industrialized era to make it short. I agree that we can go back to date some issues up to a couple of milleniums...

Let me cut you off there and say that I believe you also limited your analysis because it is inconvenient to your previously stated conclusion:
I believe more that it has been and it still is European and American presence in the middle East that has screwed up and is still screwing up the ME from 1800 to our days.
Ignoring the entirety of what happened prior to 1800 is awfully convenient, you get to blame the legacy of everything that went before on the new guy. Like the British Empire from 1800 onwards, or America in Iraq after 2003.

I speak Arabic and I have worked for 10 years among ME people and discussed with them about anything, from religion to politics. My sources are mainly people from Egypt, Saudi Arabian and Sudan.

Yes, you mentioned that before.

The problem is that in their eyes our politicians behaved (in removing Saddam) exactly like Saddam was behaving with his people, and for this we are hated in the same way they hated Saddam.

This reminds me of your first hand observations before:

I was in Cairo when 11 September happened and I saw the people spend the night making feast and distributing candies on the roads.

I suppose they were celebrating the revenge against the Americans for their future removal of Saddam?

The problem with a great many reasons people hate America over is concisely answered by TallDave: "They're wrong."

The dictators and royalty managing the propaganda in many ME countries may have done a great job telling their people why to hate America, but if most of it is falsehoods, half-truths and lies then American foreign policy isn't the place to look to for the solution now is it?

Return to “News”