Using drugs makes you stupid.

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote: Let me explain this to you again.

Government has LEGITIMATE roles to perform.

THIS is one of them.
Let me explain this to you again.

Government has EXTREMELY limited legitimate roles to perform.

THIS is NOT one of them.

PONTIFICATION, PONTIFICA-A-ATION, its getting me down, getting me down...

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote:
MSimon wrote:"When you get in bed with the government, you're going to get more than just a good night's sleep." RR
When you eliminate government, you won't be able to sleep at all because you will be constantly fearing the Tyranny which replaced it.

Best to make the Government behave in bed and elsewhere.
Remember Johansen's third la: Like all toxic substances, govenrment programs are subject to the J-Curve.

Govenrment, like botulism toxin, in small amounts is beneficial. In large amounts it is deadly.
I advocate only so much government as we need, and no more. I regard it as the proper task of government to punish wrongdoers for their reckless disregard and actual injuries which they cause others.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote:All drugs are not created equal. The more dangerous they are, the more regulation they need. Some drugs have beneficial properties, others have no properties of legitimate worth.
Boy I'm impressed that you have the godly power to decide that these people's entertainment choices are "legitimate" and those are not. Must be great to be God!

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote:
KitemanSA wrote: MOST drug users become SMARTER thru the use of their drug of choice. See my above re caffiene.
Yeah, caffeine is the same thing as THC or CRACK. Are you REALLY going to make that argument?
No, you were. I was laughing at you! If you want to make statements like that, be a tad more explicit.
It is well known that the topic of discussion is banned and controlled substances. Why would you throw caffeine (Found in common drinks such as tea and coffee) into the discussion other than to obfuscate?

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote: Let me explain this to you again.

Government has LEGITIMATE roles to perform.

THIS is one of them.
Let me explain this to you again.

Government has EXTREMELY limited legitimate roles to perform.

THIS is NOT one of them.

PONTIFICATION, PONTIFICA-A-ATION, its getting me down, getting me down...
I, and most people for the last century, Disagree with you.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote:All drugs are not created equal. The more dangerous they are, the more regulation they need. Some drugs have beneficial properties, others have no properties of legitimate worth.
Boy I'm impressed that you have the godly power to decide that these people's entertainment choices are "legitimate" and those are not. Must be great to be God!
One does not need the wisdom of God to see that some forms of entertainment ought not be tolerated because they injure innocent people.

Death, Disease, and Destruction are not entertainment.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote: I advocate only so much government as we need, and no more. I regard it as the proper task of government to punish wrongdoers for their reckless disregard and actual injuries which they cause others.
With you deciding how much is needed? "Wrongdoers", with you deciding what is wrong. "Reckless disregard" with you deciding what is reckless.

The only statement you make that is objective and with which I agree is the "actual injuries".

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote:
KitemanSA wrote: Civilization is a flotilla with each person capitan of their own junk; not a single ship with a single capitan/dictator.
We aren't in separate ships. We are in the same ship. I WISH they were in another ship!
You would be in different ships if you didn't insist on them being pulled into your own. Let them float or sink their own and prevent them from harming yours. That is the legitimate purpose of government.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote:It doesn't kill all the rats, just most of them.

What percentage of the population should we throw away?
Personally, I'd be happy to throw away the entire population of rats.

But Dude, people AREN'T rats.

Get it?

No? Didn't think so.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote: If it were "Self Healing" as you assert, the bailing would eventually drain all the water. The fact that the bailing is being maintained at a steady (if not increasing rate) demonstrates that the speed at which the hull repairs is equal to the rate the damage occurs. Which is no faster than the bailing can get rid of the water.

New injuries keep occurring because drug usage is contagious. It's truly like a disease in that regard.
Nope. It is overwhelmed by those who try to do good by doing wrong. Their "frenetic bailing" knocks more holes than any number of drug USERS could ever make. Stop "bailing frenetically", stop knock big holes in the hull, and the hull will heal.

Unless someone else starts another brand of frenetic hatred.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote: Some people are rats, some people are chickens, some people are lions, and most people are sheeple.
No, people are people. They are not animals, even made-up animals. They are sapient beings. And as such, they have the right to voluntary action.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote: They are even more contagious when they are legal. I offer Alcohol and Cigarettes as examples.
If they are so "contageous", why do the companies that sell them have to spend HUGE amounts on advertising? Even when legal, this stuff has to be PUSHED. Personally, I would like to see more lawsuits by new users against the companies for fraud in advertising. That would reduce the usage even more. Same would work with drugs. Sue the pusher!

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote: It is well known that the topic of discussion is banned and controlled substances. Why would you throw caffeine (Found in common drinks such as tea and coffee) into the discussion other than to obfuscate?
Was it? I seem to recall many statements about addictive drugs, and at least one where you stated you were NOT talking about MJ, a banned and controlled substance. Make up your mind about the subject and define it clearly and objectively. Until then, all I can do is respond to your general tenor.

Which is it? Illegal? Addictive? Chinese-menu that suits you for a specific posting that we are required to magically divine from you superior literary skills? :roll:

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote: I, and most people for the last century, Disagree with you.
Not proven, but even if so it just means that a true democracy (especially the statistical form this country was started with but which has been subverted by the lawyers) is better than the mobocracy you seem to be so in love with.
Last edited by KitemanSA on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote: One does not need the wisdom of God to see that some forms of entertainment ought not be tolerated because they injure innocent people.
Which particular "innocent people"? If an innocent person is harmed, prosecute the offender. What is the issue? But you don't mean "innocent", you mean everyone who CHOOSES to participate. Hardly "innocent".
Death, Disease, and Destruction are not entertainment.
Really? You watched TV lately?