10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

I'm a big fan of condensed matter. You can buy it at the grocery store. Put a can of it in boiling water (cover completely) and after half an hour take it out and let it cool. Tastes great. I learned that trick on a visit to Yelapa, Mexico.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

MSimon wrote:
The race is now on for this valuable prize.
Second only to the race to explain the physics of the EEStor capacitor.

Or the Joseph Papp noble gas engine.

Or the Steorn invention.

Or the Lester Hendershot "fuelless motor".

Or the Muammer Yildiz Magnetic motor.

I'm especially intrigued by "Stirling motors driven from modified Orgone Accumulators"

I really like: A Long Kept Secret For Generating Free Electricity is Finally On The Open, And You'll Never Have To Pay A Single Dime to the Power Company

How about the Howard Johnson motor:
7/9 - Infinite Energy - But Not For The Masses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkT2GrZUm64
Plus the Stan Meyer cell and others.
This list brings lot of memories.
Nice to see that you have been also checking this field since long time.

raphael

Post by raphael »

From a blog post by (the former high-profile naysayer) Peter Ekstrom:

"In the case of Uppsala, shall receive an E-Cat for the tests, there will be no earlier than the end of June (determined by Rossi). The precondition is that in Uppsala are free to do what measurements you want.

It is quite clear that the Uppsala could verify the function of the E-Cat. Most LenRas results lies in the noise at the limit of what can be measured. E-Cat gives, according to Rossi's demonstrations, a large and easily measurable signal."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The day a RossiFusion dingus is delivered at Uppsala it will be "game over" for the naysayers. Whether that day ever comes is the real question.

Sidebar to Ivy Matt: The latest greenie/weenie prognostication is that RossiFusion will be a "death warrant" to most of the species of this planet. That's rather pessimistic but mankind's record in these matters is hardly spotless....
"As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden." Chauncey Gardiner

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

raphael wrote:Sidebar to Ivy Matt: The latest greenie/weenie prognostication is that RossiFusion will be a "death warrant" to most of the species of this planet. That's rather pessimistic but mankind's record in these matters is hardly spotless....
True, we're not taking the best care of this planet...that's why we need to find new planets! :lol:
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

The day a RossiFusion dingus is delivered at Uppsala it will be "game over" for the naysayers.
It might take a little longer than that. Measurements will need to be made.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

raphael

Post by raphael »

MSimon wrote:
The day a RossiFusion dingus is delivered at Uppsala it will be "game over" for the naysayers.
All proper procedures and formalities will need to be followed, checked and double rechecked.

It would defy any/all logic, however, for Rossi to put into their hands an apparatus that's incapable of performing as advertised.
"As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden." Chauncey Gardiner

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Kranklogik

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

raphael wrote:Sidebar to Ivy Matt: The latest greenie/weenie prognostication is that RossiFusion will be a "death warrant" to most of the species of this planet. That's rather pessimistic but mankind's record in these matters is hardly spotless....
Since Mankind left Africa, extinctions have followed in his wake.

OTOH we're no worse than any other life form on this planet in that regard, just more successful. And we alone have the potential to create new life and/or spread life to new planets.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

dch24

Post by dch24 »

TallDave wrote:And we alone have the potential to create new life and/or spread life to new planets.
I'd love to be a part of the effort to create life from inanimate matter. (Not G.E. / G.M. but real synthetic life / artificial life).

Unfortunately for oil drum posters, (assuming it works -->) Rossi's device will not result in massive extinctions.

Hasn't anyone over at the oil drum noticed that as nations transition from third-world to first-world, their population numbers becomes stable (even slowly declining -- I believe finding an optimum that is less densely populated)???

Rossi's device might even help us focus more of society's energy on conservation, instead of conquest...

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Didn't someone bring up a study (at least one) that showed population growth recovering after that well-known initial plateau?

Luzr

Post by Luzr »

raphael wrote:
MSimon wrote:
All proper procedures and formalities will need to be followed, checked and double rechecked.

It would defy any/all logic, however, for Rossi to put into their hands an apparatus that's incapable of performing as advertised.
On the other hand, saying that he plans to put it into their hands (and no sooner than at the end of July), but never actually doing so, has all the logic of scam...

I would even say that this is a dealbreaker. If he really puts ecat to academia to test till then end of September, the device is most likely real. If not with some excuses, it is a scam.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Luzr wrote:I would even say that this is a dealbreaker. If he really puts ecat to academia to test till then end of September, the device is most likely real.
Or he is convinced that the effect is real.
Luzr wrote:If not with some excuses, it is a scam.
On this I agree in full.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

EEStor pulled this same trick. They had an academic test the powder. With a low voltage tester. Report came back positive.

Suppose the device is chemical and can deliver "excess heat" for 6 hours.

The university will be allowed to test it for only 4. To maintain the secret.

BTW I have seen "news" that Rossi was involved in some pretty outrageous scams previously.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

MSimon wrote:BTW I have seen "news" that Rossi was involved in some pretty outrageous scams previously.
I think you mean the PetrolDragon issue.
He attempted to set up a thermal depolymerization plant when he was young.
You can read more here:
http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... troldragon

Is not clear what happened exactly in the end, but general information is that the plant actually never worked and never produced even 1 lt. of oil.