10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Rossi filed his patent application with the Italian patent office in April of 2008. It was published in October of 2009. That's 18 months before publication. There's no reason for the patent office to leak information on patent applications before their publication date.

See here for details.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

I didn't say it would be leaked, just not available online per se. There are methods for requesting pending patents, although by a more snail mail approach.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

ScottL wrote:To be fair you and Georgio have been pissing in his cheerios and I imagine one can only take it so long.
Uhm... but he keeps coming back, so we probably need to put more effort into it.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

For the one interested, the Contract with UoB and Rossi will start only once UoB gets the first payment and the test e-cat.

I have been informed that the first payment is due after October...... interesting uh?

More news as I have them.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

From another blog I got also this link:
http://www.df.unibo.it/bacheca/avviso_efa.pdf

This is the UoB announcement of the research contract between them and EFA Srl (Rossi company).

Quick translation:

- A research contract was signed, the value is 500.000 Euro+VAT. It will last 24 month. It will be a research contract in the efficiency in energy production of the products of EFA Srl.

- The research contract will become valid and start only once the first payment is received by UoB (as i mentioned in my previous post).

- The research program will deal with measurements and ways to improve the efficiency of said products.

- Any official info will be released only by the department of Physics of UoB (or by the friends of the friends ;))

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

I know their research.
They made headlines around 2004 with some anomalous extra heat measurements. In the following four years they improved their measuring equipment and the research set up and in 2008 the published a report stating that the excess heat was probably due just to measurement errors.

I do not think that Krivit was referring to them in his report, but if it is them than it could be interesting.

Edited:
Here is the English translation of the report of 2008 that I was talking about:
http://www.ioriocirillo.com/php.admin/d ... .php?id=30

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Giorgio wrote:From another blog I got also this link:
http://www.df.unibo.it/bacheca/avviso_efa.pdf

This is the UoB announcement of the research contract between them and EFA Srl (Rossi company).

Quick translation:

- A research contract was signed, the value is 500.000 Euro+VAT. It will last 24 month. It will be a research contract in the efficiency in energy production of the products of EFA Srl.
Why? I don't understand why this research would not be kept in house? If this was any normal company, they'd be hard at developing their own expertise on such an important technology. Me no get. Makey makey no sense.

Sounds to me like there will be some clause that allows them to pull out of the contract, but until then they will have UoB on tender-hooks so they'll not get bad press from them. This is the only rational explanation I can see.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

chrismb wrote:Why? I don't understand why this research would not be kept in house? If this was any normal company, they'd be hard at developing their own expertise on such an important technology. Me no get. Makey makey no sense.
Are you questioning their behavior and wisdom? Heresy I say! Heresy!
:twisted:

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Sounds to me like there will be some clause that allows them to pull out of the contract
Or not enter the contract as it stipulates the contract is not in effect until the first payment is made.

Post by 93143 »

@chrismb: You are treating me as a Rossi supporter instead of as a nitpicker. Calm down.
chrismb wrote:
Objective: Demonstrate the functionality of the Rossi reactor.
This isn't an 'objective' it is a 'subjective' because one person could point to what we've seen and say 'objective met' and another could say 'objective not met'.
Wrong. The definition of "functionality" should be contained in the claims made about the reactor. I shouldn't have to reiterate them here.

From what I've seen, no objective observer could declare this one met from our perspective. It may or may not have been met from the perspective of a researcher who has actually run a test. Either way, it is a concrete objective: Find out if it does what it's supposed to do. How it does it (if in fact it does) is a secondary consideration and irrelevant to the primary question.
Hypothesis: If you run water through a properly-operated Rossi reactor, it will heat up more than can be explained by the input power, and this process can be continued long enough to eliminate conventional chemical explanations.
'Properly operated'; presumably you are meaning that so long as Rossi is at the controls then the 'experiment' can be done, but it cannot be reproduced by anyone else because they don't know how to do it properly.
I'm talking about something anyone should be able to do. Otherwise how is he going to sell the reactors? If the experiment can't be replicated by an unaffiliated researcher with the appropriate equipment and operating manual, then no, it's not scientific.
I note the clever sleight-of-phrase where you attack my statement rather than accept there is no methodology hence it is NOT SCIENCE
No sleight-of-phrase was involved. I'm not claiming that the methodology was sound; I'm claiming that at least some of the elements of an "experiment" were present, and that therefore your comment was technically inaccurate.

That's all.

dch24

Post by dch24 »

Just my personal code of conduct, but:

The easiest way to defeat a troll is to ignore him. Anything he posts stands or falls on its own merits then, and doesn't get legitimized (or multiplied) by your responses.

The short version: don't feed the trolls.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

dch24 wrote:The easiest way to defeat a troll is to ignore him. Anything he posts stands or falls on its own merits then, and doesn't get legitimized (or multiplied) by your responses.
I think calling Rossi a troll is probably accurate. I suppose it needed to be said.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Giorgio wrote:This is the UoB announcement of the research contract between them and EFA Srl (Rossi company).
Quick translation:
- The research contract will become valid and start only once the first payment is received by UoB (as i mentioned in my previous post).
- The research program will deal with measurements and ways to improve the efficiency of said products.
- Any official info will be released only by the department of Physics of UoB (or by the friends of the friends ;))
Distraction? Supporting a scam in other ways? Are there other "products" of EFA srl that might be researched, products like EON's veggie-oil generator? "Products" is a rather general statement. But this contract lends SOME credance to the E-Cat. Is that the purpose of the contract?

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

KitemanSA wrote:But this contract lends SOME credance to the E-Cat. Is that the purpose of the contract?
I think that would be true once a payment has been made, E-Cat testing begins (and could leak put). Unfortunately, none of this ahppens until after the 1MW plant is scheduled to go online which leads me to beleive that a Defkalion payment (to Rossi) is funding the UoB effort. Therefore, if the 1MW plant is delayed, the UoB work is delayed (supposition on my part).

I had hope that the UoB effort would give us the first real indication if the E-Cat meets claims or not. Since the Defkalion plant tests are to be larely private, I suspect that the earliest indication might actually be from a Defkalion client install. Who knows when that might happen.

Like I said, this story is not ending anytime soon. I predict > 500 pages.