Mach Effect Propulsion progress

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

IntLibber

Mach Effect Propulsion progress

Post by IntLibber »

Most recently, Dr. Woodward has run a new experiment with existing equipment, having vibration suppression equipment removed from the apparatus, to demonstrate that Dean Drive effects are NOT involved in the observed thrust his devices produce. This shuts the door on one of the big criticisms made by skeptics about the technology.

djolds1

Re: Mach Effect Propulsion progress

Post by djolds1 »

IntLibber wrote:Most recently, Dr. Woodward has run a new experiment with existing equipment, having vibration suppression equipment removed from the apparatus, to demonstrate that Dean Drive effects are NOT involved in the observed thrust his devices produce. This shuts the door on one of the big criticisms made by skeptics about the technology.
Cite or link?
Vae Victis

IntLibber

Re: Mach Effect Propulsion progress

Post by IntLibber »

djolds1 wrote:
IntLibber wrote:Most recently, Dr. Woodward has run a new experiment with existing equipment, having vibration suppression equipment removed from the apparatus, to demonstrate that Dean Drive effects are NOT involved in the observed thrust his devices produce. This shuts the door on one of the big criticisms made by skeptics about the technology.
Cite or link?
That will be forthcoming in his book.

GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

He also recently (last update) ruled out any kind of thermal effects, such as those claimed by ORNL years ago.

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

GeeGee wrote:He also recently (last update) ruled out any kind of thermal effects, such as those claimed by ORNL years ago.
Where are these updates issued? I'd like to join.
Vae Victis

GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

djolds1 wrote: Where are these updates issued? I'd like to join.
Send Paul March a private message and tell him you would like to join the mailing list.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

if we need to join the mailing list, why have the thread here? In fact, why have this new thread here, when there was already a thread here in the General section and there is another, more visited thread, in the News section?

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

AcesHigh wrote:if we need to join the mailing list, why have the thread here? In fact, why have this new thread here, when there was already a thread here in the General section and there is another, more visited thread, in the News section?
Expecting consistency from human beings is always a losing proposition.
Vae Victis

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

AcesHigh wrote:if we need to join the mailing list, why have the thread here? In fact, why have this new thread here, when there was already a thread here in the General section and there is another, more visited thread, in the News section?
I created the new thread cause I *COULDNT FIND* the old one...

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

The Search feature on this blog seems dysfunctional at times. Maybe I just don't understand how it really works.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

DeltaV wrote:The Search feature on this blog seems dysfunctional at times. Maybe I just don't understand how it really works.
It's not you.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

DeltaV wrote:The Search feature on this blog seems dysfunctional at times. Maybe I just don't understand how it really works.

I have had good success with it. You do have to manually select "posts" rather than "topics" for good results. It also helps to think of an uncommon word that might be in the particular post you are looking for.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

I tend to find it simpler to use Google to find the post I'm looking for.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

The search does not pick up on some words. It's not fully functional.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

I concur. Sometimes words known to be in a post just don't get found. Not a "topic" vs. "post" issue.