My fusionfuture blog

Discuss ways to make polywell research more widely known or better understood. Includes education and outreach.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

cgray45

My fusionfuture blog

Post by cgray45 »

Not certain if this is where it goes, but my blog Fusionfuture (which doesn't just discuss fusion) has a new post:
https://fusionfuture.wordpress.com/

It's mostly about Rossi's "Work" but their are some other things I'm going to be putting up fairly soon.

Hope people are interested!
Check out my blog-- not just about fusion, but anything that attracts this 40 something historians interest.

mattman

hey

Post by mattman »

Hey,

I just read your blog. I like it. It is simple and easy to read. Keep up the good work!

I really like the: Great Claims Require Great Proof.

I have been thinking allot recently about what it is going to take to get the public over this "hump" of fusion. They generally believe that it is impossible to do. I have been recently interested in the wright brothers work - they encountered the same issues. I want to write something that draws parallels. 120 years ago the public assumed human flight was impossible. A whole community of people were working on the problem - yet the public ignored them. It is the same situation today.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Yes, but the difference with the Wright Brother's was they did open reproducable experiments. Yes folks who did not bother to look at the work criticised them, but those who did actually look at the work, got to see the test rigs, data, and methods. Big difference.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

cgray45

Post by cgray45 »

I regret to say that I'm right now doing a lot of freelance writing.

Good news: I get paid.

Bad news: Not a lot of time for other stuff. :(

But yeah, the big thing is that we need to be very serious about having critical, well documented work, and never giving people like Rossi a pass becauase we really want them to succeed. The best way to be taken seriously is to ensure that when a scientist walks into the lab, he may disagree with your conclusions-- but he'll have no grounds to disagree with your procedures.
Check out my blog-- not just about fusion, but anything that attracts this 40 something historians interest.

Feebleminded

Post by Feebleminded »

I had the same realization about a funding strategy. Social funding is a great alternative to SBIR or DARPA grants. Primarily so because it IS a very risky project, thus, to dilute the risk, increasing the number of financiers seems like the proper road to funding.

mattman

Hey Guys

Post by mattman »

Guys,

Here is the wright analogy:

http://thepolywellblog.blogspot.com/201 ... sible.html

This really spells it all out.