Ahh secularism...

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack

Ahh secularism...

Post by Skipjack »

...below example is why secularism is a good thing. This is tragic comical!

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... slim-ones/

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

If you provide vouchers for parents to apply to their child's education, some parents will have strange ideas of what makes a suitable school. But I don't like the idea of state schools having a financial advantage protecting them from competition.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

I don't see a problem with any religious school using vouchers, so long as it meets a minimum academic requirement.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

choff

Post by choff »

Do Satanists also qualify to receive vouchers for their childrens ed. It's difficult to believe politicians are so incapable of thinking ahead.
CHoff

WizWom

Post by WizWom »

Sure, Satanists, Wiccans, Transcendental Meditation kooks, whatever, as long as its a 503b "church."
Wandering Kernel of Happiness

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

No not really. Anyone who has studied Satanism knows it's not a real religion. The desire to prey upon all those around does not qualify as "religion". Only atheists are so dopey as to pretend Satanists are religionists, and for their own dopey reasons.

Atheists who propagate Satanism are obviously and stupidly wrong.

People who pretend they can't see this are either insanely stupid, or outrageously immoral.

Pick one, scumbags. . .
Last edited by GIThruster on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Personally, I am a pastafarian ;)
Satanism is stupid, be it a religion or not. I guess that depends on who you ask. In the US a lot of things count as a religion that shouldnt.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Not really. Skippy. We have freedom of religion, and freedom of expression to tell all Satanists they need to go to Hell.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

We have freedom of religion, and freedom of expression to tell all Satanists they need to go to Hell.
Only that they dont believe in hell. So I am pretty sure they dont care ;)

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

No not really. Anyone who has studied Satanism knows it's not a real religion.
I personally practice a variant of that.

===

Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be the Whole of the Law

Love is the Law. Love Under Will.

My adepts stand upright; their head above the heavens, their feet below the hells.

===

It helped clear up (mostly) a bad case of PTSD. Banishing Rituals.

Of course it is not a "real religion" - it works.

==

We place no reliance on virgin or pigeon. Our method is science our aim is religion.

==

And Ouspensky's "Fourth Way".

Do not identify
Do not consider
Do not tell lies
Do not express negative emotions

====

In addition "the Force" of Star Wars.

====

I'm also a Kabbalist - not near as practiced as I used to be. Once I got the results I wanted I didn't study near as much as I used to. That goes for all the above.

====

And a practitioner of Magick

Let the flaming begin.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Simon, I'm not surprised and couldn't care less. I've had lots of friends dabble in all sorts of occult practices over the years. Satanism is very different.

Satanists plan to injure others.

http://aangirfan.blogspot.com/2008/02/s ... olice.html

They are scum. Years ago I worked shoulder to shoulder alongside a Satanist and got to know him fairly well. I was living in Portland Oregon at the time and there was a very large Satanist church in town. I can tell you over the years I've had angry witches cast spells at me and sorcerers threaten me, but only the Satanists really scare me. They do so because of their deliberately malevolent intent.

BTW, Skippy, Satanists say they don't believe in Satan, or in Hell, until you get to the higher ups, who all do. That's one of the big jokes in Satanism--they lie to almost all their own people.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Satanists plan to injure others.
What type of satanist? Theistic, or atheistic satanists? They are different in their believes, from what I understand. Either way it is just as stupid as the rest.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

I don't think Satanism has the kind of segmentation you're suggesting. Every Satanist church likely has theists, deists and atheists. The real distinctions between Satanist churches depend whether they attend the "Feast of the Beast" conference once every 5 years. It is at these conferences that they set their agenda. For instance, at least since 1980,there has been a deliberate intention to sexually and ritually abuse children as part of a program to generate larger numbers of Satanists over the long term. This is why even though Satanists make up less than a single percent of the population, they are responsible for at least 13% of all the child abuse that occurs in day care centers, and so far as I know, 100% of all the ritual abuse that happens in such places. It was at the Conference in 1980, that we have testimony this was made an official agenda, though reports of this go back generations.

You may recall the astonishing situation that occurred about around 1985, where a group of day care workers at West Point Military Academy were all closet Satanists and sexually and ritually abused all their charges--several dozen very young children--and were caught. Since that time, the same kind of thing has happened over and over, always with Satanists at the core. Anyone researching ritual child abuse will find that this is a deliberate act of malice, intended to so violate very young children so they become abusers themselves.

Case in point, from the link I posted above:

Satanism Linked To Scores of U.S. Child Abuse Cases Edward W. Lempinen. San Francisco Chronicle 11/5/87 p. A1 Satanism and cult rituals have been linked to scores of child-molestation cases nationwide in the past five years, including dozens in California. Children as young as 2 and 3 years old have come forward with harrowing tales of drinking blood, animal sacrifices and sexual abuse as part of rituals, according to law enforcement investigators, child abuse experts and parents. Others have even talked of cannibalism and ritual sacrifice of children. After hearing similar tales over and over from people across the country, many investigators and child abuse experts now have come to believe in the unbelievable….In San Francisco, police confirmed last week that they are investigating reports by a 3-year-old girl who claimed that she was taken from a day-care center at the Presidio Army base and driven to a home where she was molested by two men in costumes. Police suspect that the home was the headquarters of the Temple of Set, a Nazi-Satanic group, and they have listed the temple’s high priest as a possible suspect. No arrests have been made. Investigators and parents have declined to give details of the cases of at least 58 children who attended the Presidio Child Development Center, fearing that they might jeopardize the prosecution of a former day-care worker. But in other cases across the nation, experts say there is striking evidence of ritualized sexual abuse that recurs in case after case: — At West Point, N.Y., Army families have pressed an investigation into widespread child abuse at a military day-care center in 1983 and 1984….But an increasingly influential group of legal, psychological and medical experts say they are beginning to amass considerable testimony and circumstantial evidence of cult and Satanic abuse nationwide – and dating back four generations or more. Sandi Gallant, an intelligence officer with the San Francisco police and one of the nation’s most influential experts on cults, cautions that many cases are proving unfounded. But she says that there have been 60 to 70 “solid” cases of ritual sexual abuse in the past few years nationwide. She and others have heard hundreds of children and adult – people who have never met and who live a continent apart – tell stories that are fundamentally the same. “Independently, the victims are describing incredibly similar circumstances,” said Catherine Gould, a clinical psychologist in the Los Angeles district of Encino who has counseled dozens of children who claim they were molested in rituals.

choff

Post by choff »

GIThruster wrote:I don't think Satanism has the kind of segmentation you're suggesting. Every Satanist church likely has theists, deists and atheists. The real distinctions between Satanist churches depend whether they attend the "Feast of the Beast" conference once every 5 years. It is at these conferences that they set their agenda. For instance, at least since 1980,there has been a deliberate intention to sexually and ritually abuse children as part of a program to generate larger numbers of Satanists over the long term. This is why even though Satanists make up less than a single percent of the population, they are responsible for at least 13% of all the child abuse that occurs in day care centers, and so far as I know, 100% of all the ritual abuse that happens in such places. It was at the Conference in 1980, that we have testimony this was made an official agenda, though reports of this go back generations.

You may recall the astonishing situation that occurred about around 1985, where a group of day care workers at West Point Military Academy were all closet Satanists and sexually and ritually abused all their charges--several dozen very young children--and were caught. Since that time, the same kind of thing has happened over and over, always with Satanists at the core. Anyone researching ritual child abuse will find that this is a deliberate act of malice, intended to so violate very young children so they become abusers themselves.

Case in point, from the link I posted above:

Satanism Linked To Scores of U.S. Child Abuse Cases Edward W. Lempinen. San Francisco Chronicle 11/5/87 p. A1 Satanism and cult rituals have been linked to scores of child-molestation cases nationwide in the past five years, including dozens in California. Children as young as 2 and 3 years old have come forward with harrowing tales of drinking blood, animal sacrifices and sexual abuse as part of rituals, according to law enforcement investigators, child abuse experts and parents. Others have even talked of cannibalism and ritual sacrifice of children. After hearing similar tales over and over from people across the country, many investigators and child abuse experts now have come to believe in the unbelievable….In San Francisco, police confirmed last week that they are investigating reports by a 3-year-old girl who claimed that she was taken from a day-care center at the Presidio Army base and driven to a home where she was molested by two men in costumes. Police suspect that the home was the headquarters of the Temple of Set, a Nazi-Satanic group, and they have listed the temple’s high priest as a possible suspect. No arrests have been made. Investigators and parents have declined to give details of the cases of at least 58 children who attended the Presidio Child Development Center, fearing that they might jeopardize the prosecution of a former day-care worker. But in other cases across the nation, experts say there is striking evidence of ritualized sexual abuse that recurs in case after case: — At West Point, N.Y., Army families have pressed an investigation into widespread child abuse at a military day-care center in 1983 and 1984….But an increasingly influential group of legal, psychological and medical experts say they are beginning to amass considerable testimony and circumstantial evidence of cult and Satanic abuse nationwide – and dating back four generations or more. Sandi Gallant, an intelligence officer with the San Francisco police and one of the nation’s most influential experts on cults, cautions that many cases are proving unfounded. But she says that there have been 60 to 70 “solid” cases of ritual sexual abuse in the past few years nationwide. She and others have heard hundreds of children and adult – people who have never met and who live a continent apart – tell stories that are fundamentally the same. “Independently, the victims are describing incredibly similar circumstances,” said Catherine Gould, a clinical psychologist in the Los Angeles district of Encino who has counseled dozens of children who claim they were molested in rituals.
I take it then they shouldn't apply for education vouchers.

On a serious note, you guys might want to check out an online book called 'Programmed to Kill' or the Dutreax affair in Belgium, it goes right to the top, guess who's really running things. If MK Monarch sounds far fetched then do some digging into Julian Assange's past, truth is stranger than fiction.

That said don't lump all the occultists into one batch, freedom of religion is protected for a reason.
CHoff

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

choff wrote:Do Satanists also qualify to receive vouchers for their childrens ed. It's difficult to believe politicians are so incapable of thinking ahead.

The Average American is not aware of the culture war. Many, if not most people do not think that America is a secular nation. They think it is a Christian nation, and they automatically assume the law favors the Christian religion. (Which it did prior to Roosevelt mucking up the courts.)

They grew up with the Notion that Schools are Christian leaning, and at worst Secular. The notion that a governmental institution would support anything worse than secular is not even on the Radar for most Americans.

They simply have not yet caught up with the idea that the secularists are waging a war against Christianity, and as they lack knowledge on this subject, they act on their default assumptions.

We have gone far from the Original Intent in our constitution. States had a RIGHT to impose an official state religion according to the understanding of the US Constitution in 1787. Indeed, I believe it wasn't until 1825 that the last state decided to relinquish it's official State religion. The point is, there was nothing Unconstitutional about a state HAVING a favored religion.

State favoritism towards the Christian religion continued up until the 1940s before it was interfered with by a Federal court, using the 14th amendment as an excuse to prohibit a state's favoritism for a particular religion. (That was not the purpose for which the 14th amendment was created or ratified, and is in fact a mis-use of it.)

For what it's worth, I wish to draw your attention to these quotes from the U.S. Constitution.

Section 7 - Revenue Bills, Legislative Process, Presidential Veto
If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.
Notes on the convention indicate the exception for Sundays was added because they didn't want the President to have to work on a Sunday, and thereby break the Sabbath. (Christian Sabbath.)

Article VII - Ratification Documents

The Ratification of the Conventions of nine States, shall be sufficient for the Establishment of this Constitution between the States so ratifying the Same.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independence of the United States of America the Twelfth. In Witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names.

Christianity was the assumed default reference frame for the entire body of law. It still today suffuses the culture in ways of which people are no longer aware.

"Good bye" is a contraction of "God be wi ye." (for example.)
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —