spam posts

Discuss the talk-polywell site itself, including appearance, policies, and help-wanted requests from the administrators.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

GIThruster

spam posts

Post by GIThruster »

Someone named mattman is posting again and again advertising a blog about this blog and needs to have his posts removed. In the awareness section, he's posted 3 or 4 times now the same new thread and has posted the same in other sub-forums as well. He's not only advertising a separate forum, but he's doing it by spamming this forum.

IMHO, he should be warned and his posts should all be removed.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

GIT and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but I would also prefer not to be spammed. One announcement thread in "General" would suffice, I'm sure.

mattman

Post by mattman »

I thought about this: I do not want to fight with you.

I would like to compromise and be diplomatic about this.

From now on, if a new post goes up, I will only post a link on a one thread.

You can hold me to this.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

As a further suggestion, a title more descriptive than "New Post is Up!" might be less likely to be interpreted as spam and either ignored or read halfheartedly just to see what it contains. Perhaps something like "New Pollywellblog Post: A Public Plea", posted to the Awareness forum, or whichever one forum you prefer.

Although, to be fair, there are some pretty unhelpful thread titles in the General forum, but you can be pretty sure even without reading them that such threads are either about drugs or politics. :wink:
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

At least it is Polywell related.

I do agree with the rest. Self promotion should be kept to a minimum. And be on topic.

BTW e-mail me a heads up if you see spam. I'm busy with things these days and don't check all the posts the way I used to. And yes. GIT. The things are paying. Sorry to disappoint you.

My e-mail is on the sidebar at:

http://spacetimepro.blogspot.com/
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Ivy Matt wrote:As a further suggestion, a title more descriptive than "New Post is Up!" might be less likely to be interpreted as spam and either ignored or read halfheartedly just to see what it contains. Perhaps something like "New Pollywellblog Post: A Public Plea", posted to the Awareness forum, or whichever one forum you prefer.

Although, to be fair, there are some pretty unhelpful thread titles in the General forum, but you can be pretty sure even without reading them that such threads are either about drugs or politics. :wink:
Sometimes they are about drugs and politics. Heh.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.