3D Gun

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

TDPerk

Re: 3D Gun

Post by TDPerk »

"No sugar daddy to spend trillions on infrastructure, then kiss and make it better."

There already isn't such a sugar daddy. Uncle Sugar is leveraged to the hilt, and the first time a lender pulls for the vig...
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

TDPerk wrote:" Just look at what the republicans did with the Ron Paul supporters!"

What? We told the truth about how we felt about that idiot.

Back in 80's when he needed money, he played footsie with the Stormfront/NeoNazi types. He claims it's all Lew Rockwell's fault, but the prints came out with Ron Paul's name on them.

He's unintelligently isolationist, and doesn't seem to know the value of changing what can be better changed slowly enough that the changes don't cause more pain than the policies which should be ended.
Look, I am not a fan of Ron Paul for many things, but every now and then, he had a good point. I really liked the way he argued against the NDAA, e.g.
He has a lot of supporters and the republican party pretty much ignored them. You can like someone or you cant, but I am a firm believer in democracy and that behaviour there was not democratic. You do not shut someone down who has a signifficant group of supporters, just because he goes against the things the oligarchs want. Even if someone goes against the mainstream, he should be allowed to have a voice in a democracy. I he can get a majority, then he deserves it, because it is the will of the people, whether you like it or not. In a real democracy, he would have a party on his own that would have a word in things like drone attacks on US citizens or the right of the military to detain people indefinitely without trial.

Betruger

Gaming the game

Post by Betruger »

Might be true if politics wasn't game theory above all.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

rcain

Post by rcain »

i'll see your 3d-printed gun & up u:

'Self-aiming' rifle turns novices into expert snipers - tech - 20 May 2013 - New Scientist ::

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2 ... ipers.html

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

So it begins

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Lulz-Libera ... 17045.html

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1563 ... led-barrel
Still, there you have it: The first rifled, plastic 3D gun has been produced — and it costs just $25. Rather than fearing that your life might be ended by someone busting a plastic cap in your ass, though, the much larger concern is that we’re now much closer to governments mandating that 3D printers contain DRM that prevents you from printing guns in the first place.
25$ gun on a $1800 dollar consumer level 3d printer.
as tech advances in this area, they will be able to make full auto guns in the near future.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Bend over for 3D printing DRM.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

kunkmiester

Post by kunkmiester »

Most of the software for the low end printers is based to some extent on RepRap, which is open source. The hardware is compatible with it too, so you can just swap it out to some extent. Regardless, EMC 2 can run 3D printers, all you need is a parallel port.

Too much CAD software out there too--WAY too complicated to make it avoid guns, especially since a lot of it probably gets used for legitimate gun designing. And once people get word of some sort of DRM type stuff, there will be work to made a workable open source CAD package that can make models for this sort of thing easily enough, without the DRM, or the ability to easily remove it.
Evil is evil, no matter how small

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

I can't wait to see it actually happen. Cause this is just a giant gaping loophole for the BATFE etc.

TDPerk

Post by TDPerk »

Skipjack wrote:
TDPerk wrote:" Just look at what the republicans did with the Ron Paul supporters!"

What? We told the truth about how we felt about that idiot.

Back in 80's when he needed money, he played footsie with the Stormfront/NeoNazi types. He claims it's all Lew Rockwell's fault, but the prints came out with Ron Paul's name on them.

He's unintelligently isolationist, and doesn't seem to know the value of changing what can be better changed slowly enough that the changes don't cause more pain than the policies which should be ended.
Look, I am not a fan of Ron Paul for many things, but every now and then, he had a good point.
Absolutely, but his good points weren't worth his bad points or how he said he's implement his good ones.
I really liked the way he argued against the NDAA, e.g.
And what's wrong with the NDAA? When should warrants ever be required for soldiers to kill the enemy?
"He has a lot of supporters and the republican party pretty much ignored them."
And they should be ignored just the way the Democrats ignored Democrat Fred Phelps.
You can like someone or you cant, but I am a firm believer in democracy and that behaviour there was not democratic.
Of course it was democratic! He and his supporters lost by the same rules they exploited shamelessly whenever possible.
"You do not shut someone down who has a signifficant group of supporters, just because he goes against the things the oligarchs want."
He never got shut down at all, he never got he support he needed to be the party leader. You seem to be confusing parliamentary with democratic.
"Even if someone goes against the mainstream, he should be allowed to have a voice in a democracy. "
He had a voice--w h a t h e s a i d d i d n ' t a t t r a c t e n o u g h p e o p l e.
"If he can get a majority, then he deserves it, because it is the will of the people, whether you like it or not."
He never came close to having a majority of the Republican, or even the Libertarians, not whether "L" or "l". Are you possessed by the delusion his candidacy was popular in absolute terms? It was loud, not popular.
In a real democracy, he would have a party on his own that would have a word in things like drone attacks on US citizens or the right of the military to detain people indefinitely without trial.
In the real democracy he was in--he was a poisonously crazy element uneducated in history, even recent history. US citizens fighting abroad for the enemy are just targets as the enemy always has been, this is no change, no warrant is required or ever should be for either riflemen, artillery, or drone pilots to fire on the enemy during war. That has been a constant now for thousands of years, there is no trace of evidence the constitution was intended to change that. Enemies captured in war can be held until and unless hostilities end or they are exchanged, and there is no obligation to conduct exchanges--no right to trial is even implied by the Geneva Conventions or US Constitution for prisoners of war whether they are unlawful combatants or not.

By virtue of there being no protections in the Geneva Contraventions applying to them, unlawful combatants such as terrorists and pirates can be shot or hung when taken, and this no change from past practice, and is fully compatible with with Geneva Conventions and Constitution.

The single most common factor of Ron Paul and his supporters, is a disdain of and ignorance of right and wrong, and history as it relates to the US Constitution and Geneva Conventions.

For someone claiming to revere the constitution, he had an unusual ability to only see what he wanted to in it.

His view of state's rights, for example, are flatly contradictory to the 14th amendment, more the fool he and his.
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

3D Gun you say? Good way to lose a hand I say....

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/462 ... nted_guns/

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

Vietnam era M-16 rifles had problems too, so what?
These guns are just proof of concept and show that any laws regarding gun control are obsolete before they reach any legislatures.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Stubby wrote:Vietnam era M-16 rifles had problems too, so what?
These guns are just proof of concept and show that any laws regarding gun control are obsolete before they reach any legislatures.
Wow that was a defensive response if ever I've seen one. Calm down, nobody was even taking about gun control, just pointing out a flaw in accepting anything from the internet, including 3D printed.....ANYTHING.

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

calm down says the guy using capital letters (aka shouting)
we all know 3d printing is in its infancy but it already proven capable of reproducing complex mechanisms.
The durability issue will be overcome.

And as hanelyp posted, a full auto weapon is legally available. Question though: How does this translate into other states?
Last edited by Stubby on Fri May 24, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013 ... d-printed/
we talk about how difficult or expensive it might be to print out these handguns or try to mass produce them. We also talk about the potential regulation of this phenomenon and how handmade guns compare to other such technologies.
Can't comment on podcast's actual contents. Don't have the patience for recorded voice.