Cost Skyrockets For United States' Share of ITER Fusion Proj

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

happyjack27

Cost Skyrockets For United States' Share of ITER Fusion Proj

Post by happyjack27 »

http://science.slashdot.org/story/14/04 ... m=facebook

meanwhile, costs of every other fusion project stay ridiculously low in comparison.

Betruger

Re: Cost Skyrockets For United States' Share of ITER Fusion

Post by Betruger »

Cue news of non-ITER funding cuts, to fund ITER.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

asdfuogh

Post by asdfuogh »

The main cost-increasing issue of ITER is the bureaucracy that decided on having different members make different parts and shit (to keep the money within their countries in terms of manufacturing or something), not because it's a tokamak. Don't try to imply something that isn't there. When/if the cost of running ITER exceeds the projected cost, THEN you can start to claim economical superiority. It only weakens our case to imply something when it's clear to knowledgeable people that it isn't there.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Still just an excuse.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

ohiovr

Post by ohiovr »

If America flushed the Apollo program because of perceived costs they'll do the same with ITER. I can see it now, 2030 comes, ITER is finally finished with a price tag of 100 billion dollars. The figure the next iteration will allow electricity as cheap as $4.50 per Kw/h. Future power!