ZAP Energy News

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio

Re: ZAP Energy News

Post by Giorgio »

They should get in contact with Avalanche fusion and discuss about using their feedthrough technology.
They could than expand their working parameters space to a degree where practical tests would make more sense than investing into simulations.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Giorgio wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:24 am
They should get in contact with Avalanche fusion and discuss about using their feedthrough technology.
They could than expand their working parameters space to a degree where practical tests would make more sense than investing into simulations.
They are doing both, but I assume that they want to get simulations in line with the practical results to have a more solid theoretical base.

bennmann

Post by bennmann »

https://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevLett.132.155101

Anyone have access to the full article? They mention they have a "basis" for scaling laws now, curious to know their scaling laws for Zap.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

bennmann wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 2:15 pm

Anyone have access to the full article? They mention they have a "basis" for scaling laws now, curious to know their scaling laws for Zap.
I do not have the paper and I could not find it so far, but the Fusion power was expected to scale to the 11th power of the pinch current.
If they got confirmation on that is indeed pretty interesting.

I will try to look more deep for someone that has a copy to share.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Giorgio wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 7:17 pm
bennmann wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 2:15 pm

I do not have the paper and I could not find it so far, but the Fusion power was expected to scale to the 11th power of the pinch current.
If they got confirmation on that is indeed pretty interesting.

I will try to look more deep for someone that has a copy to share.
I saw that their scaling laws were indeed confirmed at the > 11th power. The 11th power is what their simulations predict. Their experiments show a somewhat higher scaling, actually, which is interesting in itself (and a reason why they keep working on their simulations).

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Skipjack wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 6:03 am
I saw that their scaling laws were indeed confirmed at the > 11th power. The 11th power is what their simulations predict. Their experiments show a somewhat higher scaling, actually, which is interesting in itself (and a reason why they keep working on their simulations).
True, I remember seeing a paper where they actually was speaking of scaling to the 12th power.