Room-temperature superconductivity?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

I do not have any money left to afford a marketing plan.
People tell me (Dr. B, Dr. N among others) that I did a pretty fair job of marketing Polywell with zero money.

This is the Internet age. You don't need money. Just time, a computer, and an i'net account.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

johanfprins

Post by johanfprins »

MSimon wrote: People tell me (Dr. B, Dr. N among others) that I did a pretty fair job of marketing Polywell with zero money.

This is the Internet age. You don't need money. Just time, a computer, and an i'net account.
You did and are doing an excellent job! This forum is like a breath of fresh air. Thanks, you give me hope!

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Simon, Johan needs money to construct large test articles. People will want to see evidence they can hold in their hand, pass around to various labs, etc. That requires an experienced MBA, a business plan and access to investors. Think you can find all that on the web?

It's a Catch 22: you need money to make the test articles and you need the test articles to get money.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

ltgbrown

Post by ltgbrown »

I would very much like to do so, but am not at present in the financial position to afford such a trip
As an experiment / event designer/planner/lead, I ran into the money problem for participants a lot. As MSimon mentioned, this is now the internet age. GIThruster, any chance SPESIF 2011 could support a virtual presentation and question and answer period? All Johanprins would need is a computer and web camera (or if you have access to a full on video conference cabilibty that would be ideal) and he could participate (Skype maybe?). While it will never replace face to face gatherings, it gets pretty darn close and should fit the bill for what is needed here.

Just a thought.
Famous last words, "Hey, watch this!"

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Great idea! I sent the question to Tony and I'll let y'all know when I hear back.

Johan, can you get access to a relatively fast web connection?

I should mention here, that a couple years ago I set up a videoconference between Dr. Woodward at CSU Fullerton, and a bunch of honors students at a high school in NJ involved in some very special education. Despite my best efforts, the tech person at the high school decided to use Skype instead of a point-to-point connection. The result was shoddy audio and video, to the point where the students could not hear Dr. Woodward about half the time.

The trouble was not at Woodward's lab. It was at Skype. Jim used all the proper tools: a great camera, professional lighting, and an excellent mic. All the effort was wasted because Skype is not intended for professional quality videoconferencing.

If we want to see Dr. Prinz get an audience at SPESIF, he needs better than a Skype connection.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Sorry but Tony said twice he's not interested as SPESIF is not a superconductor conference.

Oh well. . .

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

The SPESIF platform seeks to promote the exchange of information among technologists, academicians, industrialists, and program managers on technical and programmatic issues related to the Space, Propulsion and Energy Sciences.
Room temperature (or higher) superconduction is not related to Space, Propulsion or Energy?!!

Here are a few of the mainstream science talks that were allowed at SPESIF 2010:

On using Greenberger-Horne-Zeilinger three-particle states for superluminal communication
Free (Reactionless) Torque Generation—Or Free Propulsion Concept
Faster Than Light (FTL) Travel and Causality in the Context of the Gravity-Electro-Magnetism (GEM) Theory of Field Unification
Astrosociology in the Classroom: Developing a Practical Sociology Course
Astrosociological Implications of Astrobiology (Revisited)
Virtual World Astrosociology
Ethical Issues Regarding Informed Consent for Minors for Space Tourism
Applications of High-Frequency Gravitational Waves to the Global War on Terror
Permanent Magnet Spiral Motor for Magnetic Gradient Energy Utilization: Axial Magnetic Field
Last edited by DeltaV on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Yeah, my complaint too. I've known Tony for years, and I pressed him to get him hard only to get him to say "no" twice. I don't think anyone is going to get a different answer.

Sorry.

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

Maybe some other group with no obvious connection to diamond materials research would be interested. Some group or company like these: http://www.magnet.fsu.edu/magnettechnol ... rview.html
http://www.magnetlab.com/about/management/

The National High Magnetic Field Laboratory/FSU is working towards advanced superconducting aircraft motors*. They'd be stupid not to consider any reasonable theory for > room temperature superconduction. The engineering advantages would be significant.

Start small. An online talk to this type of research group. Just to get some allies with a vested interest. They might even provide funds and lab facilities.

* http://www.masbret.com/UAPT.html , http://www.masbret.com/asc08.html

johanfprins

Post by johanfprins »

GIThruster wrote: Johan, can you get access to a relatively fast web connection?
At home I am on broadband (after 23 August) and I do have skype. To access a real conference facility might be more difficult, but if I do get an invitation to do such presentation I might be able to force the Innovation Hub in Pretoria to supply me with this.

johanfprins

Post by johanfprins »

GIThruster wrote: Yeah, my complaint too. I've known Tony for years, and I pressed him to get him hard only to get him to say "no" twice. I don't think anyone is going to get a different answer. Sorry.
Not surprising. Since the theoreticians at the Jet Propulsion lboratory voted down a proposal that they should repeat my measurements, since my claims violate the BCS model of superconduction, I have been completely blocked by all Conferences and Journals to get my message across. It seems there is a blacklist and I have been placed on it. I do not want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but there is no doubt that I am known at DARPA, Office of Naval Reseach, NASA etc. and has been classified as "unsavoury".

So thanks for your efforts, but we might be up against more than you want to believe. It also shows in the manner that I have been treated by the patent examiners at the PCT. I have to withdraw everytime because the most assinine and stupid arguments are raised by them. Every time I have lost money. Even my patent attorneys agree that the situation has become unacceptable.

johanfprins

Post by johanfprins »

DeltaV wrote: Here are a few of the mainstream science talks that were allowed at SPESIF 2010:

On using Greenberger-Horne-Zeilinger three-particle states for superluminal communication
Free (Reactionless) Torque Generation—Or Free Propulsion Concept
Faster Than Light (FTL) Travel and Causality in the Context of the Gravity-Electro-Magnetism (GEM) Theory of Field Unification
Astrosociology in the Classroom: Developing a Practical Sociology Course
Astrosociological Implications of Astrobiology (Revisited)
Virtual World Astrosociology
Ethical Issues Regarding Informed Consent for Minors for Space Tourism
Applications of High-Frequency Gravitational Waves to the Global War on Terror
Permanent Magnet Spiral Motor for Magnetic Gradient Energy Utilization: Axial Magnetic Field
Well I do not want to be negative, but it might be better if I do not take part in a conference which chooses topics which are REALLY cranky! For example, Zeilinger interprets his results in terms of Wheeler's "participatory" universe which is nothing else but fairytale. See excerpt on double-slit diffraction on my website. It is not difficult to prove in terms of real physics that these topics are mostly Alice in Wonderland stories: Except for non-local transfer of matter which occurs through the room-temperature superconducting phase I have discovered 10 years ago.

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

I was being facetious with the "mainstream science" part. I'm just picking on a few of their presenters. I don't want to cast aspersions on valid work like Woodward and others.

Speaking of conspiracy theory, I just tried to make a post suggesting that diamond superconductors are already in use on the "dark side" when my internet connection locked up. Draw your own conclusions.

If you could convince the superconducting aircraft motor people that bulk diamond superconductors above room temperature are possible, the money could start to flow. Engineers and venture capitalists, not mainstream physicists. The whole aircraft industry is on a one-way path to electric propulsion, whether they all realize it or not.

johanfprins

Post by johanfprins »

DeltaV wrote:I was being facetious with the "mainstream science" part. I'm just picking on a few of their presenters. I don't want to cast aspersions on valid work like Woodward and others.
Thanks, you had me worried!
Speaking of conspiracy theory, I just tried to make a post suggesting that diamond superconductors are already in use on the "dark side" when my internet connection locked up. Draw your own conclusions.
Amazing! But I have also found that God can be quite facetious! :twisted:
If you could convince the superconducting aircraft motor people that bulk diamond superconductors above room temperature are possible, the money could start to flow. Engineers and venture capitalists, not mainstream physicists. The whole aircraft industry is on a one-way path to electric propulsion, whether they all realize it or not.
They should then be interested whether superconduction is at all possible above room temperature and which properties a material must have to make this possible. But nobody wants to know this. One can then start to search for bulk materials. My superconducting materials at present consist of thin layers; but there is no reason why it is not possible to stack them.
Furthermore there are other materials than diamond which present possibilities. Suffice to say that not one of the ceramic materials being studied at present has the required characteristics. Maybe one will be discovered in future but the present materials are all restricted to be at, and below about 200 K.

As long as the "experts" want to claim that the charge-carriers must be pairs, for so long will they be barking up the wrong tree as they have consistently been doing for over 50 years. Bernd Matthias warned them that the BCS model "is not even wrong" since it is not predictive. In fact it is now reasy to prove that this model is completely wrong and irrelevant.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Simon, Johan needs money to construct large test articles. People will want to see evidence they can hold in their hand, pass around to various labs, etc. That requires an experienced MBA, a business plan and access to investors. Think you can find all that on the web?
I've started working on the ME aspect. We'll see what happens.

As to Johan's "problem". I've explained how to start.

1. Set up Google alerts for blogs. Pick some good key phrases.
2. Leave comments with urls (learn how to link if you don't know how so they are clickable)
3. Keep at it

It is very time consuming once things get rolling. At my peak I was spending 8 hours a day at it. Since then I often don't bother because there are now others with an interest doing evangelical work. Quite knowledgeable too.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.