BLP news

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Again, the situation is more complex than you imagine. I'm not an expert, but just as an example. . .

Even though BLP has built both 10KW and 50KW reactors, the reactors to date do not operate in steady state over long periods of time. In order to do this, they need to remove the catalyst from the reactor, heat it to rejuvenate it, then replace it--all automated.

Now though they say the process is ready for commercialization, the actual mechanical engineering to do what I just described above is probably a ten million dollar project. BLP can't pay for this. They need an energy utility to do this. My guess is, this is what they're after--someone who can dump large funds into a development project so the first commercial reactors can be built.

Hope that makes sense. You need to understand, when someone says their stuff is ready for commercialization, this doesn't mean this is going to be cheap. Commercialization is never cheap.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Maui

Post by Maui »

Sure, but that's what my previous comment about providing sample units was about; if they need investment/cooperation from a utility company the best way to get it is by giving them a unit to show them what it can do. Another study by Rowan isn't going to help advance any such deal.

I still don't see any motivation for them to be funding such studies if they are anywhere close to where they claim to be.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Maui wrote:I still don't see any motivation for them to be funding such studies if they are anywhere close to where they claim to be.
The motivation is they need to convince and compel an electrical utility. Any/all evidence that they're correct goes to the issue of warrant for belief, and they need the proper CEO to believe them.

IMHO, every piece of data they can scrounge up goes to warrant for belief, and they don't just need the right persons to be convinced, they need them to be compelled to the tune of several millions dollars investment.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

GIThruster wrote:The situation is very different than you imagine. BLP hasn't been accepting any investment for years. Rather, they're selling licenses, both here in the States and in Europe.
BLP got 10M USD investments from institutional investors in the first half of 2010. They got 0 USD (that reads as ZERO) from licensing.

You should check these type of info before spreading false claims.

GIThruster wrote:Originally, several profs at Rowan took an interest and successfully landed a NIAC grant in order to build a pair of BLP thrusters. The NIAC final report for that was issued way back, was it 2002?

Here is the final report:
http://www.niac.usra.edu/files/studies/ ... rchese.pdf

In few words, it was a failure in respect to the claims they made in the proposal for Phase I grants where they claimed that "Preliminary calculations suggest that a Black Light Rocket (BLR) engine can achieve performance several orders of magnitude greater than chemical rocket propulsion (e.g., lsp > 10,000 s)......" ( http://www.niac.usra.edu/files/studies/ ... rchese.pdf )

Nothing of that happened of course, and the final report is a bad attempt to find reasons on why they didn't find what they was looking for instead of analyzing the actual results of the experiments.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

GIThruster wrote:
Maui wrote:I still don't see any motivation for them to be funding such studies if they are anywhere close to where they claim to be.
The motivation is they need to convince and compel an electrical utility. Any/all evidence that they're correct goes to the issue of warrant for belief, and they need the proper CEO to believe them.
Wasn't you sustaining that they was actually selling licenses to electrical utility companies? :roll:

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Giorgio wrote:Wasn't you sustaining that they was actually selling licenses to electrical utility companies? :roll:
M'be GIT is the pen name for Randall Mills? It would be consistent with my last post that he forgets what he writes....

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

chrismb wrote:
Giorgio wrote:Wasn't you sustaining that they was actually selling licenses to electrical utility companies? :roll:
M'be GIT is the pen name for Randall Mills? It would be consistent with my last post that he forgets what he writes....
I am starting to think it the same way as you.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Giorgio wrote:. . .the final report is a bad attempt to find reasons on why they didn't find what they was looking for instead of analyzing the actual results of the experiments.
What a delusional, bizarre and fantastically arrogant dismissal of an excellent report. I suppose you can do better in your sleep than these extraordinarily accomplished PhD's who are at the very top of their field. Shame you're not the one filing for grant monies and demonstrating to the world how engineering ought to be done. I'm sure you're much too busy,with all the hallucinations of your worshipers and all. . .

::gakk::

And for the umpteenth time, I have no connection with BLP. I own none of their stock. I have never spoken with or communicated with anyone at BLP for any reason. I was asked 15 years ago to vet BLP for an investor friend and my response was that it would take a great deal to do the diligence required, but that in any case, he would not see an ROI for more than a decade and probably two. Everything I said back then is still true. The only thing that has changed substantially is the sheer volume of whiners who complain that BLP hasn't made more progress than it has. That, and the whiners with the hallucinations and delusions of grandeur. That's new.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Maui wrote: This is like GM funding studies to prove an electric car can be built.
GM has funded many studies to determine whether electric vehicles can be built. So far, the answer seems to have been "no"! Their best approximation is a plug-in hybrid, no?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

GIThruster wrote:What a delusional, bizarre and fantastically arrogant dismissal of an excellent report. I suppose you can do better in your sleep than these extraordinarily accomplished PhD's who are at the very top of their field. Shame you're not the one filing for grant monies and demonstrating to the world how engineering ought to be done. I'm sure you're much too busy,with all the hallucinations of your worshipers and all. . .
You are a funny guy.

Here we have a 36 page report about a novel rocket engine that is composed by:

From page 1 to 20 introduction, explanations and known stuff. No rocket data.
From page 21 to page 30 calorimetry and other non relevant talk. No rocket data.
Finally, condensed in 4 pages we have some data! and what incredible data we have.......

Result 1: estimate of exhaust velocity of 5000 m/s.......
Any plasma based thruster has this minimum value. ANY.

Result 2: It was not possible to measure the thrust........
Well, wasn't measuring the thrust what the founded study was all about? What am I missing?

Where is the greater than 10000 ISP value? Where is the high thrust? Where is the amazing data and accomplishments? What is the uniqueness of the BLP rocket thruster?

Enlighten me please.

Nik

I'm not happy...

Post by Nik »

"Even though BLP has built both 10KW and 50KW reactors, the reactors to date do not operate in steady state over long periods of time. In order to do this, they need to remove the catalyst from the reactor, heat it to rejuvenate it, then replace it--all automated. "

Uh, that's how systems from town-gas to cat-cracking have been operated for the best part of a century: No biggie, you just need 2 or 3 modules, depending on produce/restore ratio, and use them in rotation...

That aside, I'm not happy about the way BLP operate. As I've said before, there should be buckets of hydrinos available for investigation, leading to umpteen Papers on the stuff's anomalous properties...

Documenting the stuff would go a long, long way to validating their other claims...

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

FIFTH-FORCE APPARATUS AND METHOD FOR PROPULSION:

Abstract

A method and means to produce a force for propulsion comprises a source of electrons and a means to produce hyperbolic electrons; whereas, a gravitating body such as the Earth provides a repulsive fifth force on the hyperbolic electrons. Hyperbolic electrons are produced by elastically scattering the electrons of an electron beam from atoms or molecules at specific energies. The emerging beam of hyperbolic electrons experiences a fifth force away from the Earth, and the beam moves upward (away from the Earth). To use this invention for propulsion, the repulsive fifth force on the hyperbolic-electron beam is transferred to a negatively charged plate. The Coulombic repulsion between the beam of hyperbolic electrons and the negatively charged plate causes the plate (and anything connected to the plate) to lift. The craft may additionally gain angular momentum from the fifth force along an axis defined by the gravitational force, and the craft may be tilted to move the vector away from the axis such that a component of acceleration tangential to the surface of a gravitating body is achieved via conservation of the angular momentum.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Yes, they built it. I asked Dr. Jansson about it and he said when he toured BLT he saw it. They claimed it worked but he has no idea, nor do I. I've never seen a report published, so either it didn't work, or its classified.

One of the consequences of Mills' hyperbolic electron theory is that they ought to be negative matter with negative inertia. However, the stuff is really tricky. Mills probably made the same mistake most physicists do by thinking negative matter is anti-gravitating when in fact, it is not. People get this backward all the time, myself included. Matter with negative inertia is not anti-gravitating, but it does have negative inertial. That is something fairly easy to test for, but as Mills was looking for anti-gravitating, my guess is they got a null or at least confusing result and the machine still sits.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Interesting that it appears this is the first time Mills has published in a peer reviewed physics journal.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/q8005267210x3568/

rcain

Post by rcain »

GIThruster wrote:Interesting that it appears this is the first time Mills has published in a peer reviewed physics journal.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/q8005267210x3568/
good find. will be interesting to see what response it kicks up.