10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

chrismb wrote:
Kahuna wrote:More Rossi E-Cat analysis/comments at Next Big Future including calculations on expected vs. observed Ni -> Cu transmutation.
That's not a calculation. It is making numbers fit what someone wants to see. A 'calculation' is a numerical description of a process. No process is defined.
So sorry for my gross misrepresentation of the content.

Torulf2

Post by Torulf2 »

I have looked at my nuclide chart and tried to puzzle reactions together with no hard gamma radiation.

Both assumton hope fore hydrogen miniatoms as explained by Prof. Ch. E. Stremmenos. http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=338&cpage

First attempt.
Assumption (some miracle) produce mini hydrogen atoms and low momentum neutrons from p+e.
The Ni58 nucleus is invaded by a mini hydrogen atom, converting it to Cu59.
this part is the same as in Stremmenost but different from that it not demand some mystic in-situ annihilation for explain the absents of annihilation gammas.

Successive neutron capture convert the nucleus to stabile Cu.
Cu59->Cu60->Cu61->Cu62->Cu63
The neutron capture must be much faster than the decay of the instable Cu nuclides.

Second attempt.
A mini H atom get an extra e- and become a mini hydride ion.
Two of this mini hydride ions works as heavy electrons for a Ni60-(H-)2-Ni58 molecule.
The heavy false electrons bind the Ni nucleus so tight together that the fuse due to qm tunnelling.
This fusion have been supposed from D2 molecules with heavy relativistic electrons and demonstrated from D2 with myons.
But if the energy and nucleon bookkeeping shall works its needed the two H also fuse in the same time. This reaction maybe also be miraculous. Its produce a super heavy 120 nucleus. This nucleus undergoes spontaneity fission and gives one Cu63 and one Fe 57.
There can be some variations in both this reactions.

There seams not to be a way to explain Rossis devise with no miracles.

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

The N to P +e (or reverse) reaction is actually a three body reaction and includes a neutrino. [ P +e <=> N +nutrino ] It does occur, but is very rare. It is a side reaction of the P-P chain in stars, and is 1/100th as frequent as the main branch. The Barns is ~ 10 ^-47 in the Sun if I'm remembering correctly. Not likely to contribute more than a few reactions per billion years or more with accepted physics at density and temperature and volume conditions present in the lab. Even if some effect greatly inhibits the coulomb repulsion, a neutrino would have to be captured at the critical moment. Possible, though extremely uncommon in the core of the Sun, and ...um... a ziptillion times less likely in the lab.

Also, if typical LENR reactions only work with deuterium, there must be a seperate mechanism/ step that does not operate in other LENR experiments.

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

Axil

Post by Axil »

ladajo wrote:And why counldn't the Supporting "Experts" have come from BAE.
To be totally fair, BAE has a bigger history of doing stuff out of hide, then selling it, vice General Atomics, Lockheed, Boeing, and others who prefer Taxpayer Finance for research.
This in my opinion gives a greater depth to sustained inhouse expertise, vice transient.
The lid is on at Lockheed Martin as far as cold fusion is concerned. I saw this conversation on the Steven B. Krivit cold fusion site between Steven B. Krivit and a senior systems analyst from Lockheed Martin as follow:

Steven B. Krivit says:

February 9, 2011 at 16:20

David,

I’ve seen you at the meetings for the last few years. You’ve been very patient. Doesn’t Lockheed Martin have resources for you to do this kind of work?

Steven

David Akers says:

February 9, 2011 at 16:42

That is a story which I cannot comment on. Ask Pam Boss who this “new team” would consist of.

Regards,

David

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

D Tibbets wrote:The N to P +e (or reverse) reaction is actually a three body reaction and includes a neutrino. [ P +e <=> N +nutrino ] It does occur, but is very rare.
Not quite. It depends on context. A free neutron will undergo a ->p+(e-) process with a half-life of ~20 minutes.

The pp->D+(e+), on the other hand, is a billion year reaction, whereas a proton undergoing ->n+(e+) in, for example, a 13N nucleus is a few minutes.

So it all depends what the neutron, or proton, are bound up with. As for the (anti-)neutrino, this is more like pixie dust than a real particle in this reaction. I do not think anyone considers this a 'three body' reaction - nothing is waiting for a neutrino to come idling by looking for a reaction. It just appears as 'excess binding energy'.

Torulf2

Post by Torulf2 »

From Wicipedia, the neutrino being formed after the reaktion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_capture
It maybe the The pep reaction you think about?
p+e+p->D

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

My attempted point about beta capture by a proton (hydrogen) does involve a neutrino, at least in the Sun where the protons are pratically all there is (well, greater than 99% if you include the ~ 5% helium).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proton%E2% ... n_reaction

Other beta capture reactions are a different story., but I'm guessing those would not produce a deuterium needed for liking this scheme to deuterium LENR schemes. I assume the neutrino would also be required for the reverse (not just some excess energy). My point that this extremely rare event (or some other explanation) would be required to link this LENR pathway to the other LENR schemes that require deuterium as the fuel, as opposed to hydrogen. If this is not the case then this scheme has to be fundamentally different than the others. Hydrino theory (if it deserves that title) does not require nuclear events or transmutations so it would be hard to merge with this claimed pathway either.

Typical LENR results are usually intermittent outputs of a few 10's of watts and this is an excuse for uncertain isotope measurements on the edge of detection. But, constant output of 10,000 to 20,000 watts of power should produce isotope ash and associated easily detected radiation (even very low penetrating radiation like beta or low energy alphas or protons) with minimal effort.

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

A little more info from Rossi's site on the nature of the U.S. client with whom he recently signed a contract.

http://www.freeenergytimes.com/2011/04/ ... n-the-usa/
Q: Are you able to tell us any more regarding the nature of the contract you mentioned was signed in the USA yesterday? Can you perhaps indicate whether this was a contract from a customer to manufacture supply e-cats or if this was with a supplier for materials? Any information would be appreciated as there is growing excitement around the commercial rollout of your technology.

Rossi: The Customer of us is a kind of Customer you need to have a written authorization of to talk about him. In due time we will make a joint communication. We will manufacture together a network of plants to sell the energy. I am very happy for this, because I am extremely indebted with the USA, where I got my rebirth, and we will make here new jobs and a useful work, so I will give back part of the help I got, as it is my duty. I always give back what I get, turned into energy. It’s my job.

Warm Regards,
A.R.
The client almost sounds like a utility.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:
Axil wrote: In a demo of any new and/or obscure technology, the DOD reprehensive ...
The DOD reprehensive? Demonstrating your prejudices are you? :lol:
A few of my ego-bubbles have poped. Feel good?
It actually depends if they popped or pooped. In the second case I will fell quite sick from imagining the scene.....

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

I think he means "to become like the Pope".

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Torulf2 wrote:I have looked at my nuclide chart and tried to puzzle reactions together with no hard gamma radiation.

Both assumton hope fore hydrogen miniatoms as explained by Prof. Ch. E. Stremmenos. http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=338&cpage
While Prof. Stremmenos hypothesys of an unstable miniatoms could have a logic per se, I ask myself why we didn't notice this before.
Hydrogen-Nickel reactions are NOT something new in chemical industry.

Torulf2 wrote:There seams not to be a way to explain Rossis devise with no miracles.
With the actual information we have available I have to agree with you.
Let's hope that October will bring us a final reply on this.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

chrismb wrote:I think he means "to become like the Pope".
Fusion through mystical conversion?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

It is all statistics anyway, makes sense to me.
:D

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Here is another article on the Ukrainian Boris Bolotov's LENR device vis-a-vis Rossi in "New Energy & Fuel":

http://newenergyandfuel.com/http:/newen ... /#comments

If real, the Bolotov device has the advantage of producing electrical power directly (no intermediate heat step) and produces valuable waste products (palladium & iridium). There are concerns about safety and radiation however. There are reports that Bolotov is working with the Koreans on advancing the technology.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Kahuna wrote:Here is another article on the Ukrainian Boris Bolotov's LENR device vis-a-vis Rossi in "New Energy & Fuel":

http://newenergyandfuel.com/http:/newen ... /#comments

If real, the Bolotov device has the advantage of producing electrical power directly (no intermediate heat step) and produces valuable waste products (palladium & iridium). There are concerns about safety and radiation however. There are reports that Bolotov is working with the Koreans on advancing the technology.
I looked into the reputation of Boris Bolotov. He is out of his mind. He believes in immortality, that he can cure cancer in terminal patents, and claims to have discovered 10,000 new chemical elements. His reactor may work but it will never be supported because of his questionable mental state.

Bolotov’s bad reputation may be the reason that his engineer Waldemar Mordkovitch is the front man in the sales effort for this reactor.

The inability to accurately measuring nano-pulse input power is an old con trick in the demo of these type systems.

Caveat emptor, "Let the buyer beware".