10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Thanks for the insights Axil. The way they are seeking an up-front license fee kind of smells as well. I prefer Rossi's approach of advancing to commercial implementation on his own dime.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

Axil wrote: He is out of his mind. He believes in immortality
you dont?

Axil

Post by Axil »

AcesHigh wrote:
you dont?
Not of the body. All men must die. Please let me know if I have this wrong.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Axil wrote:
AcesHigh wrote:
you dont?
Not of the body. All men must die. Please let me know if I have this one wrong.
Last edited by Axil on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Kahuna wrote:The way they are seeking an up-front license fee kind of smells as well. I prefer Rossi's approach of advancing to commercial implementation on his own dime.
I refer to my post looong ago - I cannot see how it is anything other than a fraud because if it were a commercial attempt to sell kit then he'd have to protect his IPR first. By putting in a patent application that claims 'a tube with some nickle and hydrogen in it' he has fallen all so far below any standard of 'enablement' that it is quite funny. Without IPR in place, if it works he will be copied and commercially dead within months, if not weeks.

But if he is doing it for the personal glory, he's doing that wrong as well - he could achieve this by simply coming clean on this stuff. He could do both by writing a proper patent! I am stunned that 'patent agents' are actually prepared to file that crap excuse for a patent application of his without getting him to do a proper disclosure.

kurt9

Post by kurt9 »

Axil wrote:
AcesHigh wrote:
you dont?
Not of the body. All men must die. Please let me know if I have this wrong.
I think what he means by "immortality" is agelessness. That is curing aging through biotechnological means. Aging is definitely curable. Aubrey de Grey's SENS is one way of doing this. However, ageless people (I call them post-mortals) can still die, say, in a plane crash.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

chrismb wrote: I am stunned that 'patent agents' are actually prepared to file that crap excuse for a patent application of his without getting him to do a proper disclosure.
As long as you pay their fees upfront the majority of patent agents don't really care about what you file.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

So what is their actual function? What do they take money for? Filing a patent yourself is easy enough, what do they add to the operation?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

They probably give to the guy submitting the patent the feeling that he is actually doing it in the correct way.
People like to think that if they pay an expert they can stop worrying about the issue altogether. Sometimes this is true, but most of the time it is not.
Just my experience thought. Others might have had better experiences.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Cold fusion has suffered from little or no quality control on the materials used in its reactions.

I believe that Rossi’s big accomplishment is bringing quality control to the fabrication of his materials.

After Rossi finally discovered what factors made his catalyst work, he established a specification that optimized those factors in the production of all subsequent materials.

Nanoparticle characterization is the mechanism that he would have used to meet this quality control specification.

Nanoparticle characterization is required to establish quality control over nanoparticle synthesis and to insure each separate nanoparticle meets performance specifications.

The surface coating of nanoparticles is crucial to determining their properties. In particular, the surface coating can regulate stability and dictate reaction performance.

For example, when NiO Nanoparticles are fabricated in their billions some are functional, some don’t work and some are great.

This find granularity is not possible in the manufacturing of rods or plates that have be the standard in cold fusion material formats.

When Rossi moved his product to a nano-technology format, he gained the advantage of being able to impose a rigid quality discipline.

Fully automated nanoparticle characterization is the process that looks at the size, shape, and surface characteristics of each individual NiO Nanoparticle to determine if that particle is optimized for catalytic operation.

In this process, each nanoparticle is individually tested for activity, and if acceptable is then selected. All below grade material is rejected and recycled back for refabrication where it restarts at the beginning of the processing cycle.

This precise control of the quality of the Rossi catalyst is what makes the Cat-E stand out above its competition.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:In this process, each nanoparticle is individually tested for activity, and if acceptable is then selected. All below grade material is rejected and recycled back for refabrication where it restarts at the beginning of the processing cycle.
Each nanoparticle is individually tested for activity??

Are you making up all of this or do you have some real source to quote?

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Axil wrote:I believe that Rossi’s big accomplishment is bringing quality control to the fabrication of his materials.

After Rossi finally discovered what factors made his catalyst work, he established a specification that optimized those factors in the production of all subsequent materials.
Well the hell do you get this stuff from? It wouldn't surprise me that information about cold fusion comes out of seances.

Nik

Changes...

Post by Nik »

Uh, if there's some physical difference between functional and non-functional particles, sorting them may simply require a cascade of challenges, like a coin-sorter or magnetic scrap separator. Even a 60/40 split soon mounts up if stages are recycled...

One possibility is that the 'good stuff' adsorbs enough hydrogen to segregate in a vortex...

D'uh, assuming the stuff's real, of course, of course...

Axil

Post by Axil »

Giorgio wrote:
Axil wrote:In this process, each nanoparticle is individually tested for activity, and if acceptable is then selected. All below grade material is rejected and recycled back for refabrication where it restarts at the beginning of the processing cycle.
Each nanoparticle is individually tested for activity??

Are you making up all of this or do you have some real source to quote?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanoparticle

Characterization
Nanoparticle characterization is necessary to establish understanding and control of nanoparticle synthesis and applications. Characterization is done by using a variety of different techniques, mainly drawn from materials science. Common techniques are electron microscopy (TEM, SEM), atomic force microscopy (AFM), dynamic light scattering (DLS), x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), powder X-ray diffraction (XRD), Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF), ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy, dual polarisation interferometry and nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR).
Whilst the theory has been known for over a century (see Robert Brown), the technology for Nanoparticle tracking analysis (NTA) allows direct tracking of the Brownian motion and this method therefore allows the sizing of individual nanoparticles in solution.
Also see

http://www.microscopy-news.com/news/nan ... ation.html

http://nanosafetylab.com/services.htm
nanoComposix has developed a nanoparticle characterization methodology that quantifies the size, shape, surface charge, and spectroscopic properties of nanoparticles. Each nanoparticle or nanocomposite material is characterized using a combination of the following techniques:

• Dynamic light scattering (DLS)
• Zeta potential
• Dark field microscopy
• Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
• Transmission electron microscopy (TEM)
• UV-VIS and FTIR spectroscopy

Characterization services are available for liquid and dried particle formulations.
My study of the references to the patents of interest in the Rossi patent leads me to suspect that Rossi has a automated homegrown nanoparticle inspection program in place.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:My study of the references to the patents of interest in the Rossi patent leads me to suspect that Rossi has a automated homegrown nanoparticle inspection program in place.