10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

WOW
And we thought we were rough on poor Mr Rossi.

Tech

Post by Tech »

Hope it´s not a repost:
Mr. Rossi,

how do you respond to this analysis made by Peter Ekström (Lund University) ?

Best Regards
Rossi answered:
The “analysis” of Peter Ekstrom is wrong, based on wrong data. Days ago a clown made a similar “analysis” calculating difficult data from the television. I thought that this kind of thing were made only by clowns. Now I see that there are physics that do the same. I answered to the clown that I was impressed from his ability. To a physic I answer that I am very much impressed.
The “movie professor” has forgot that the steam condensates, that when condensates it turns into very hot water and the heat lost goes to the surface of the pipe, heating it,therefore :
1- the pipe gets very hot (80-90 °C) radiating up to 1 Wh/h (thermal) per square cm across a surface of thousands of square cm (5400 in this case). This heat has to be calculated. If not we forget that when we keep warm our house during the winter, radiators heat up at expense of the circulating hot water. 5400 sq. cm x 1 wh/h makes up to 5.4 thermal kW that can go that way.
2- the hot water burns, so I emptied the condensed water from the pipe to avoid that a jet of hot water could burn my face (as once, unfortunately, happened): why did I make this? Because I am not masochist. And: shaking the pipe I made it free from the morse of the mouth of the sink.
3- the temperature of the fluid inside the vertical chimney was more than 100.1 °C, and the pressure measured was room pressure. Should the water have been liquid, at room pressure the temperature in a vertical chimney would have been 99 °C, because, for the gravity, the chimney would have been filled up by water, and water at 100.1 °C, at room P, cannot be liquid.
I have not the time to correct the many other mistakes of our “movie-professor”, because I worked 16 hours, time is 2 a.m. and I must go to sleep, tomorrow other 16 hours of work: no more time for “movie-professors”
Besides, clowneries apart, I answer with my plants. In October we will start up our first plant of 1 MW in Greece. I will send a movie of it to the clown and to Peter Ekstrom , maybe they will join together to find the way to explain to the persons that will utilize the plant that it does not work, because they saw it in the movie!
By the way: we made as well tests heating water, without phase change, and the efficiency has been the same, as published. Anyway, let me set up a good operating plant, and all the snakes, clowns and movie-professors will be swept away; their arms are chatters (and movies too), my arms are working plants.
…and I have a surprise…but it will come in October.
Warm regards,
A.R.

Maui

Post by Maui »

Amusing that he diverts and instead of responding to Peter Ekstrom analysis he instead focuses on responding to Chris (quickly becoming Talk-Polywell's poster boy).

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

parallel wrote:
Defkalion GT
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:17 pm

No gamma above WHO/EU/National regulations limits is emitted in all modes of operation. No radioactive materials are in use.
Curious. So is the WHO/EU/Greek regulations limit higher than a constant dose roughly 50% above background? What about the spikes as reported by Celani?

Regarding the debate over Defkalion's funding, there's a press release in Greek that gives a number of 300-400 million euros, largely raised by Greek-Canadian investors. You can find an English machine translation here. Presumably the press release relies on information supplied by Defkalion. I believe the 200 million euro figure comes from Italian reporter Angelo Saso in "Low Energy Nuclear Revolution" (about 30:48):
In Greece there's this Defkalion Green Technologies, gathering a group of anonymous investors—the odd thing being that, so far, nobody has wanted to associate his/her own name to this. Somehow, it's still a "black box"; the heresay is that there are anonymous investors who have already allocated 200 million euros.
Snakes, imbeciles, clowns, and movie-professors, oh my! Mr. Rossi seems to have attracted quite the menagerie. Too bad he has to wait until October to perform his trick on them. :P

EDIT: Here is an earlier source for the 200 million euro figure. And the link to the original Greek. Note the newspaper scans in the upper right corner of the article. It apparently comes from a Greek paper called "Investor's World".
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Looks like Krivit was quite busy while in Italy:
However, the day after I left Bologna, I went to Napoli and visited with three Italian researchers, one of them a brilliant 33-year-old scientist who showed me what appears to be a real working experiment (video forthcoming), real scientific data, and real scientific conference presentations and papers.

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

Giorgio wrote:
However, the day after I left Bologna, I went to Napoli and visited with three Italian researchers, one of them a brilliant 33-year-old scientist who showed me what appears to be a real working experiment (video forthcoming), real scientific data, and real scientific conference presentations and papers.
Hearsay, and speculation so far, lets see some data :wink:

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

I heard Prof. Ferrari and Prof. Levi at radio 15 mins ago.

To sum it up::
The research contract signed with Rossi will allow them to test freely the e-cat. All energy measurements of input and output will be public.
Focardi will not be part of the team that will make the test.
Prof. Levi pointed out several times that we should not expect any type of informal news from them before end of this year, maybe later.
Prof. Ferrari stressed that all is still to be confirmed and, because no replication has been done till date by anyone except Rossi, people should not get high hopes until all the measurements will be complete.

Timeline:
One year from now to prepare the experimental set up and execute the tests.
Expected date of publishing of results, End of 2012.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

sparkyy0007 wrote:
Giorgio wrote:
I'll ask him to publish on-line the train ticket of his trip to Napoli! :D

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

Giorgio wrote:I heard Prof. Ferrari and Prof. Levi at radio 15 mins ago.

To sum it up::
The research contract signed with Rossi will allow them to test freely the e-cat. All energy measurements of input and output will be public.
Focardi will not be part of the team that will make the test.
Prof. Levi pointed out several times that we should not expect any type of informal news from them before end of this year, maybe later.
Prof. Ferrari stressed that all is still to be confirmed and, because no replication has been done till date by anyone except Rossi, people should not get high hopes until all the measurements will be complete.

Timeline:
One year from now to prepare the experimental set up and execute the tests.
Expected date of publishing of results, End of 2012.
A year to determine viability, ridiculous.

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

Giorgio wrote:
sparkyy0007 wrote:
Giorgio wrote: Looks like Krivit was quite busy while in Italy:
I'll ask him to publish on-line the train ticket of his trip to Napoli! :D
Hope its not a photo, you know how difficult image analysis can be.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

sparkyy0007 wrote:A year to determine viability, ridiculous.
Indeed.
It looked to me like the whole interview was aimed to gain time and postpone the need to give a clear reply far in the future.
Also because by that date we will already know the truth...

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

Giorgio wrote:
sparkyy0007 wrote:A year to determine viability, ridiculous.
Indeed.
It looked to me like the whole interview was aimed to gain time and postpone the need to give a clear reply far in the future.
Also because by that date we will already know the truth...
Too many reasonable questions unanswered, and the interrogators slammed and insulted by Rossi.
These are not reasonable reactions from an honest individual. I have gone through technical validations
and I welcomed questions on my technology. I would think he would do the same if he really believed in
and was proud his work especially if its game changing. No need to give away the secrets, just prove it actually works.

I think Krivit separates reality from fiction quite nicely in his report (with references no less).

This house of cards is about to fall, Oh well I guess we may not make 300 but who knows.

breakaway

Post by breakaway »

The length of time with the U of B contract is probably to study what is happening inside the reactor.

It is looking less and less likely the excessive results are real. The actions of Defkalion are puzzling. Defkalion mentioned in their forum that in their private tests they achieved no less than 19 times input. Either the settings in the private tests were better tuned and the larger e-cats provide better results or fraud is real and it keeps getting bigger.

I am curious to see how all this unfolds in October. As they say the bigger they are the bigger they fall.

seedload

Post by seedload »

parallel wrote:brown fingers wrote:
I'd like to know where you got the $200 million figure from. I can't find any such evaluation of the company nor stock related information. This appears to be a number either you or someone pulled out of your ass. As of right now the argument would be the rest of the Physics/Engineering world vs. Rossi and his paper mache doctorate, nothing more.
I told you where the figure came from even if you don't believe it. The major source of the money is reported to be nine wealthy Greek investors living outside of Greece.
Curious what happened to the argument that this can't possibly be a scam because Rossi is only using his own money.

parallel

Post by parallel »

More from Defkalion's blog
Defkalion GT
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:57 pm

multighe wrote:
I'd like to understand as an householder and prospect customer what I can expect from the Hyperion.
I understand it will cost in the range of 4000-5000€.

1) After that assuming a standard usage in an apartment (say 100 square meters in tuscany producing hot water and heading in the winter) how long will last the first charge? Months? Years?

During the first period of installations in Greece, which is our pilot market, we will recharge (that is replace any Hyperion devise with a recharged one and moove the "empty" for recharge in a factory) every 6 months. This is not because the Hyperion has exchausted but due to the inspection protocols we have at the moment. We think that after a year or so, recharging will be needed every 12 months of operation, but this we can not warranty yet.

(And because you may ask later: Every Hyperion product can be recharged 10 times. Then we recycle all of its components.)

We say that all of Hyperion products are "plug and play". This means that all parameters needed for a safe operation in accordance with its usage, are pre-loaded in Hyperion electronics. These parameters are the result of interoperability tests with third party technologies like CHPs, CCHPs or steam micro-turbines for co-generation of electric and heat energy.

If Hyperion usage is only for heating, then its setup is easier. It is typically performed by a designated installer's laptop during installation, according to your boiler's or heat tank characteristics/ specs.