10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

KitemanSA wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:
KitemanSA wrote: By the way, you didn't answer. Would the reaction be endo or exo thermic? Please answer. Simple question, simple answer. Endo or exo?
Oops, I missed your question.
What's problem in calculation?
Add mass of two nuclei separately and compare with mass of prospective nucleus mass.
YADA YADA YADA. Endo or exo. Please answer.
Then he wrote: The next and bigger question: is that reaction possible in general?.
In general, unless there is something unknown (or at least novel) at work, the probability that such a reaction will result in anything but the re-emission of the proton is miniscual. However, since there has been little real investigation of low energy proton:Ni interaction in a lattice, I don't pretend to know that there is no chance of unknown or novel interactivity.
Then he wrote: PS: What do you think, why people try to fuse He4 using D-T or D-He3 reactions and donot try the direct way - to take two protons and two neutrons for further merging?
Not sure what you are gettin at here. The cross section for p-p is miniscual and the probability of simultaneous combination of 4 particles is smaller than remote. What of it?
Do you know of a way to use a lattice to change that probability? Do you think yourself omniscient and claim there is NO such possibility? And since NEITHER is what is being discussed vis-a-vis the Rossi Reactor, why did you bring this totally inane issue up? Are you constitutionally unable to carry on a meaningful conversation?
What a miracle!
He knows also cross section. So,knows that some reactions are more probable than anothers. How about grandmother who becoming grandfather? Pardon, polaritons, Bose-Einstein and Rydberg matter? Or are there other versions?
On base of today's knowledge that reaction Ni62+p in crystal lattice will give nothing else than Nickel Hydride with some energy release.

seedload

Post by seedload »

Carl White wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:
Carl White wrote:This is what he said he did, and not only by himself, but by building on Piantelli's work.
And what Piantelli has discovered?
I suggest that you do the background reading and piece the story together. All I can do is repeat them.
Piantelli discovered the cure for cancer... oh yeah, and it also makes heat!

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

seedload wrote:Piantelli discovered the cure for cancer...
Together with hemorrhoids?

stefanbanev

Post by stefanbanev »

Chikva> then let's talk.

If it works nobody talks for "science" besides losers; if it does not work nobody talks as well ;o) Any information from Rossi is unreliable for apparent reason and he does not need to be consistent in lying the mixture should work equally well; btw, it stands for both cases it works OR it does not work. Just wait and watch how Rossi's enterprise unravels. If someone has invested money in it without proper due-diligence well, it is just healthy money redistribution from stupid wealth; if it works then Rossi deserves it as well - win...win scenario...
Last edited by stefanbanev on Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
KitemanSA wrote: YADA YADA YADA. Endo or exo. Please answer.
What a miracle!
He knows also cross section. So,knows that some reactions are more probable than anothers. How about grandmother who becoming grandfather? Pardon, polaritons, Bose-Einstein and Rydberg matter? Or are there other versions?
On base of today's knowledge that reaction Ni62+p in crystal lattice will give nothing else than Nickel Hydride with some energy release.
YADA YADA YADA... ANSWER THE SIMPLE QUESTION. Endo or exo. Or don't you know?
Your constant evasion seems indicative that you are merely a troll being nasty. Prove me wrong. ANSWER THE QUESTION!

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
Mr troll being nasty?

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

tomclarke
OK - I agree BEC can have liquid behaviour. But idea of BEC at such high temperatures is more than absurd.
It does seem pretty absurd. However Prof. Kim in an earlier paper argues that there is an appreciable statistical probability of BEC formation in a nano scale metal grain at higher temperature if the grain boundaries isolate the metal crystalite from the surrounding material. While the paper is wild speculation it does predict that cold fusion should work better at lower temperatures in the Pd-D system.

see the paper here:

http://www.physics.purdue.edu/people/fa ... _BECNF.pdf
Coulomb screening is real. But you can't get much of it from a lattice because the spatial scale is all wrong due to 2000 X mass difference between electrons and nucleons.
After the January announcement by Rossi I decided to debunk his claims rigorously and reviewed the available literature.

The issue of coulomb screening inside metal lattices is of obvious importance. Most of the literature reports observe coulomb screening of a few hundred keV, however this paper caught my attention:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/9n60323527114l0t/

These experimenters use a MeV Li ion beam to probe a Pd foil loaded with H and observe 300keV screening they then repeat the experiment after applying tensile stress to the foil and observe up to 2.8keV of screening!

I consider this experiment to be fairly credible and in my opinion it shows that a small change of lattice energy on the atomic scale may have disproportionately large effect on the nuclear scale.
Last edited by Crawdaddy on Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Crawdaddy wrote:tomclarke
OK - I agree BEC can have liquid behaviour. But idea of BEC at such high temperatures is more than absurd.
It does seem pretty absurd. However Prof. Kim in an earlier paper argues that there is an appreciable statistical probability of BEC formation in a nano scale metal grain at higher temperature if the grain boundaries isolate the metal crystalite from the surrounding material. While the paper is wild speculation it does predict that cold fusion should work better at lower temperatures in the Pd-D system.

see the paper here:

http://www.physics.purdue.edu/people/fa ... _BECNF.pdf
And if Kim is correct in tses calculations, the transition temperature of polaritonic BECs could be quite high, since the Tc of a BEC is proportional to the particle density (to the 2/3) and INVERSELY proportional to its mass.

viewtopic.php?p=65276&highlight=bec#65276

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

KitemanSA wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:
KitemanSA wrote: YADA YADA YADA. Endo or exo. Please answer.
What a miracle!
YADA YADA YADA... ANSWER THE SIMPLE QUESTION. Endo or exo. Or don't you know?
Your constant evasion seems indicative that you are merely a troll being nasty. Prove me wrong. ANSWER THE QUESTION!
Hehe "ANSWER THE QUESTION!"
Do not want and not answering. :)
2+2=4
Little boy learned mass defect. Hurrah. Needs to buy ice-cream.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

KitemanSA wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:
Mr troll being nasty?
No, Mr. Educated from youtube.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

KitemanSA wrote:И если Ким прав, ПГЭ расчетам, температура перехода polaritonic БЭК может быть достаточно высока, так как Тс БЭК пропорциональна плотности частиц (до 2 / 3) и обратно пропорциональна ее массе. http:// viewtopic.php?p=65276&highlight=bec # 65276
And quoting himself
Is your name Einstein? Feynman? Landau?
My little sincetific friend. :)

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

KitemanSA
And if Kim is correct in tses calculations, the transition temperature of polaritonic BECs could be quite high, since the Tc of a BEC is proportional to the particle density (to the 2/3) and INVERSELY proportional to its mass.
I am only partly familiar with polaritons in the form of SPPs. In the case of SPPs, they decay so fast that unless the photon flux is extremely high individual SPPs will never interact.

What form of polariton will form your postulated BEC?

Axil

Post by Axil »

tomclarke wrote:

Coulomb screening is real. But you can't get much of it from a lattice because the spatial scale is all wrong due to 2000 X mass difference between electrons and nucleons.

The quasiparticle is central to the fusion process in Cold fusion.

The word quasiparticle is a term of art that condensed matter physics types throw around quite a bit. What does is it really mean?

First, the appearance of the quasiparticle is a usually highly specialized case and is produced in a specific material prepared a special way.

A quasiparticle is not a sort-of particle, as the name implies, but usually represents a combination of properties that an elemental particle demonstrates; a subset of its behavior if you will.

For example, an electron is only a particle, but an electron that blocks the attraction between another electron and a proton could act as a quasiparticle. A quasiparticle can also be purely effect, like plasmons, which are quantum packets of excitation in the electrons in a metal. To find quasiparticles, researchers often have to be able to isolate a single particle behaving a particular way—not always an easy task.

A quasiparticles (and related collective excitations) are emergent phenomena that occur when a microscopically-complicated system such as a solid or a gas behaves as if it contained different (fictitious) weakly-interacting particles in free space. For example, as an electron travels through a semiconductor, its motion is disturbed in a complex way by its interactions with all of the other electrons and nuclei; however it approximately behaves like an electron with a different mass traveling unperturbed through free space. This "electron" with a different mass is called an "electron quasiparticle".

Piantelli says in his 2010 patent that the H-Ni reaction is caused by a ”negative ion”. This negative hydrogen ion is an electron quasiparticle; a particle that behaves like an electron in important ways but is much heavier.

A directly applicable example is demonstrated by the Heavy Rydberg system. The most commonly studied system to date is the H + / H − system, consisting of a proton bound with an H − ion. The H + / H − system was first observed in 2000 by a group at the University of Waterloo in Canada.

A heavy Rydberg system consists of a weakly bound positive particle and negative ion orbiting their common center of mass. Such systems share many properties with the conventional Rydberg atom but of course are much heavier.

The positive ion can be viewed as an analog of the nucleus of a hydrogen atom, with the negative ion playing the role of the electron. The negative ion is an "electron quasiparticle".

But what is the key fusion mechanism in the Rossi process is the Yukawa potential. In particle physics, a Yukawa potential (also called a screened Coulomb potential) explains Muon-catalyzed fusion.

As stated by Piantelli in his patent, like a Muon, negative hydrogen ions are "electron quasiparticles", but are about 1000 times more massive. If such an "electron quasiparticle" replaces one of the electrons in a nickel atom this ion and the nuclei are consequently drawn 1000 times closer together than they would be in a normal nickel atom.

When the nuclei are that close together, the probability of nuclear fusion is greatly enhanced, to the point where a significant number of fusion events can happen at room temperature.

When Debye screening from the powerful coherent dipole nature of Rydberg matter is added in, a regulation mechanism is thus supplied to the Rossi process that is sensitive to the temperature and pressure of the hydrogen envelope. This provides the all-important control factor that the Rossi process demonstrates.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

seedload wrote:Piantelli discovered the cure for cancer... oh yeah, and it also makes heat!
He's been investigating the effects of electromagnetic fields on cancers. I haven't read anywhere that he claims to have "the cure for cancer", only that he's observed some positive outcomes when applied to early stages of cancer.

You've engaged in two categories of Fallacious Argument here:

1. Poisoning the Well: effectively an ad hominem on the source rather than the poster.

2. Lies: intentional Errors of Facts. I figure you knew perfectly well that Piantelli doesn't claim to have a panacea for cancer.

seedload

Post by seedload »

Carl White wrote:
seedload wrote:Piantelli discovered the cure for cancer... oh yeah, and it also makes heat!
He's been investigating the effects of electromagnetic fields on cancers. I haven't read anywhere that he claims to have "the cure for cancer", only that he's observed some positive outcomes when applied to early stages of cancer.

You've engaged in two categories of Fallacious Argument here:

1. Poisoning the Well: effectively an ad hominem on the source rather than the poster.

2. Lies: intentional Errors of Facts. I figure you knew perfectly well that Piantelli doesn't claim to have a panacea for cancer.
No need to trot out the high school debate club textbook. I am not debating you. I don't care.

"It eliminates cell division, cancer, melanoma."
- Piantelli