10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

polyill

Post by polyill »

Honorable KitemanSA and Dan Tibbets,

Would you please take the war of the worlds to another, dedicated thread?
It's a source of eternal amusement and aesthetic delight to me, but, really does it belong here?
One of the points of this thread is measuring Rossi's public impact by counting the pages of the thread, remember?
You are distorting the stats, gents. ;)

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

polyill wrote:Honorable KitemanSA and Dan Tibbets,

Would you please take the war of the worlds to another, dedicated thread?
It's a source of eternal amusement and aesthetic delight to me, but, really does it belong here?
One of the points of this thread is measuring Rossi's public impact by counting the pages of the thread, remember?
You are distorting the stats, gents. ;)
I regret that I break your aesthetic idyll by my rough reasonings.
People argue as in their opinion will be correct from the point of view of physics. One is right and very proud with it (hit first, Freddy...think hydrogen, Dan :) ), second – wrong but tries to prove the contrary.
And Mr. Rossi in any case has already made a great impact on not quite educated gents. On people who believe that it is possible to build nuclear reactor with 1000USD budget on table-top. With Rossi's secret magic powder or without. Someone here was going to repeat Rossi's experiment and then purchase Lamborghini. Forgetting that Rossi does not have his own coffee machine (in Italy!)
One more post or one less – not a big difference.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Tech wrote:This was posted on his blog 4 days ago, it sounds interesting:

Martin
July 14th, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Dear mr Rossi,
Today there was a meeting with NASA about your invention. Is it possible to give some information about this meeting? (omissis)

Andrea Rossi
July 15th, 2011 at 7:24 AM
Dear Martin:
I am not authorized to give this information.
I can only say that there is really to learn.
I met extremely high level scientists. I have been really surprised and honoured to discover that they have got indipendently throughly information about this technology. All I can say, so far, is that we will work together.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
Andrea Rossi
He is not authorized to give information, yet:

1) He met extremely high level scientists (not saying they are Nasa scientist or Nasa related, just "high level scientists")

2) They got "indipendently throughly information about this technology" which means nothing or anything, according how much one wants to believe.

3) "we will work together". We who? He carefully avoids to mention NASA or Nasa Scientist in the whole reply.

He can't say anything but he says what the people reading wants to hear to keep believing. This is classic snake oil salesman tactics.

Everyone still holding high hopes should see that chances of this being real are falling down quickly....

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Giorgio wrote:Everyone still holding high hopes should see that chances of this being real are falling down quickly....
Really? And what you waited for?
"He said", "they declared", "he meant"
Let's say that impossible because that is not scientific. NASA, ENI, McDonalds, Parmalat

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
Giorgio wrote:Everyone still holding high hopes should see that chances of this being real are falling down quickly....
Really? And what you waited for?
"He said", "they declared", "he meant"
Let's say that impossible because that is not scientific. NASA, ENI, McDonalds, Parmalat
Yet another excellent demonstration that reading comprehension is not one of your abilities :roll:

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Giorgio wrote:Yet another excellent demonstration that reading comprehension is not one of your abilities :roll:
May be and may be yours.
He met with someone from NASA. You waited results now after all his DEMO and one very skilled man for example wrote on May 2011 or till all Rossi's "demo"
See our skepticism and debunking forum for recent threads on this. It doesn't qualify for the engineering forums - there is no engineering to discuss.
And shut down thread.
http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread ... ight=rossi
Not NASA but Parmalat. :)

seedload

Post by seedload »

From an interview with Focardi.

Prof. Focardi, we can explain what the theoretical and experimental evidence behind cold fusion reactor and cat-invented with Eng. Andrea Rossi?

This is a small container, place in water circulation and nickel-containing powder (μm grains of the order of ten), in which hydrogen is added and a special catalyst, whose composition and secret. There is also an electric heater water with a temperature control inside the container. Power is supplied to the heater and has a raised temperature of the water and then the whole system. At a low temperature value, 60-70 ° C, the system triggers a nuclear reaction with generation of power and the temperature of the whole system rises and the water is heated rapidly to 100 ° C and from here enter into forward boil. Through the catalyst hydrogen is transformed from the molecular to the atomic and the hydrogen atom enters the crystal lattice of nickel. Coulomb barrier is exceeded that oppose (these are two positive charges), for unknown phenomena and the proton enters the nucleus of nickel with which it merges. The nucleus captures a proton and atomic number of changes and nickel (N = 28) then becomes copper (N = 29). From here begins a series of nuclear reactions and radioactive decay, which eventually produce isotopes of copper in different proportions from the natural one (see article S. Focardi, A. Rossi, A new energy source from nuclear fusion, April 22, 2010). This process releases energy as heat and the system heats up, initially with no emission of radiation. The heat, the amount of which is far superior to that produced by the electric heater is transferred to water circulating outside. From here on out, and can also turn off the heater and the reaction becomes self-perpetuating. Copper that is created is in an excited state, decays by emitting γ radiation (with energy less than 500 keV), which is screened through a layer of lead placed around the system.
In essence, the energy and date mostly from the kinetic energy of the new nuclei that quickly turns into heat and γ.
This answer is curious to me and seems inconsistent with claims that NI62 and NI64 react. If these are the isotopes reacting "and the proton enters the nucleus of nickel with which it merges" then why would there be decays? CU63 abd CU65 are stable. Seems like Rossi and Focardi are no longer on the same page. Focardi is stuck in the patent and Rossi has moved on with his 'understanding' of the process.

Full translation of interview is here.

http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... gylab.html

seedload

Post by seedload »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
Giorgio wrote:Yet another excellent demonstration that reading comprehension is not one of your abilities :roll:
May be and may be yours.
He met with someone from NASA. You waited results now after all his DEMO and one very skilled man for example wrote on May 2011 or till all Rossi's "demo"
See our skepticism and debunking forum for recent threads on this. It doesn't qualify for the engineering forums - there is no engineering to discuss.
And shut down thread.
http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread ... ight=rossi
Not NASA but Parmalat. :)
Joseph,

Based on one of your previous posts with a quote of translated forum text, it is clear that you are translating posts from English, reading the translation, writing replies, and translating them back to English.

Because of this, your posts are not easy to understand, your sarcasm has lost any whit it originally had, you don't seem to understand who is on what side of the argument. You aren't making any sense.

The sarcasm is really the biggest problem. It is not translating well. Personally, I am a big fan of sarcasm, but what you are doing is just ugly and embarrassing.

Maybe being a little bit more straightforward would translate better.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

seedload wrote:Joseph,

Based on one of your previous posts with a quote of translated forum text, it is clear that you are translating posts from English, reading the translation, writing replies, and translating them back to English.

Because of this, your posts are not easy to understand, your sarcasm has lost any whit it originally had, you don't seem to understand who is on what side of the argument. You aren't making any sense.

The sarcasm is really the biggest problem. It is not translating well. Personally, I am a big fan of sarcasm, but what you are doing is just ugly and embarrassing.

It not sarcasm. Only joke.
Sorry if you do not like that. That is not a big problem.
But if I am not making any sense asking what people are waiting for from Rossi's "invention". What does make sense at all?
Please answer on this question as your English is much better than mine.
He met someone from NASA. Good luck.
But what value has the news with whom Rossi met?
If his idea/reactor/device is scientifically non-proved and technically impracticable.

Did Georgio wait that after meeting NASA will equip its satellites with new type power units. :)

seedload

Post by seedload »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
seedload wrote:Joseph,

It not sarcasm. Only joke.
Sorry if you do not like that. That is not a big problem.
But if I am not making any sense asking what people are waiting for from Rossi's "invention". What does make sense at all?
Please answer on this question as your English is much better than mine.
He met someone from NASA. Good luck.
But what value has the news with whom Rossi met?
If his idea/reactor/device is scientifically non-proved and technically impracticable.
Georgio was saying that Rossi continues to say things that are suspicious of someone who is self promoting and dishonest. Rossi was evasive in answering the question. Georgio was posting this as further evidence that Rossi is not to be trusted.

You seem to have read this as Georgio supporting Rossi because of a meeting with NASA. This is the opposite of what Georgio seemed to be doing. This is why Georgio questioned your comprehension of what he said. You still don't seem to understand.

A "snake oil salesman" is an expression for a scam artist. Georgio called Rossi a scam artist.
Joseph Chikva wrote:Did Georgio wait that after meeting NASA will equip its satellites with new type power units. :)
Again, you are making a joke that is not translating well and that is totally misplaced. Georgio said the opposite.

I am telling you that your jokes/sarcasm are not translating well. It is your choice to listen to this advice or not. Hopefully, you do, but I am doubtful.

regards.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

seedload wrote:A "snake oil salesman" is an expression for a scam artist. Georgio called Rossi a scam artist.

Again, you are making a joke that is not translating well and that is totally misplaced. Georgio said the opposite.

I am telling you that your jokes/sarcasm are not translating well. It is your choice to listen to this advice or not. Hopefully, you do, but I am doubtful.

regards.
Thanks.
I well understand what Georgio said today, but also I saw his recent expectations on Rossi's device, etc.
And also I have already seen your slander here: viewtopic.php?p=66759#66759
So, I think that you do not like not only my bad English and bad jokes. But also my criticism that can not be explained with bad English.

But it is very weak position, my friend. If you worry on Polywell as you wrote in that ban request, idea can not be killed with criticism. Certainly if that idea is viable.
regards

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Joseph Chikva wrote:But it is very weak position, my friend. If you worry on Polywell as you wrote in that ban request, idea can not be killed with criticism. Certainly if that idea is viable.
regards
It is a shame, then, that you do not comprehend the meaning of 'criticism'.

I will explain this english term as your limited vocabulary seems to prevent you from comprehending what this means. It means a comment like;

"You say A, but if B and C, then A cannot be right. D is an alternative explanation for A."

OR

"You say [lines 1 to 10], but at [line 5] you say black is white, so your argument is flawed"

Whereas...

THIS... IS... NOT... CRITICISM..... >>>

"Why are you bothering to talk about this? Better you go learn about something that I know all about."

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

chrismb wrote:THIS... IS... NOT... CRITICISM..... >>>
It is the shame that you do speak about for example Oppenheimer-Philips, etc.
I know what means "criticism" and if I speak that Polywell is a good device to heat plasma, and if "thermalisation" is a problem, so, Polywell has conceptual problem.
The second problem I see in injection of electron beam into background plasma. As result 2-stream instability. And nobody here considers this problem. But all claims: 10Tesla superconducting magnet, beta=1, number density 10^22. I doubt about beta=1 when instabilities occur.
And that is criticism.
When I say that you (personally chrismb) do not know magnetism and many other things that is not criticism. But only statement of fact.

stefanbanev

Post by stefanbanev »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
chrismb wrote:THIS... IS... NOT... CRITICISM..... >>>
It is the shame that you do speak about for example Oppenheimer-Philips, etc.
I know what means "criticism" and if I speak that Polywell is a good device to heat plasma, and if "thermalisation" is a problem, so, Polywell has conceptual problem.
The second problem I see in injection of electron beam into background plasma. As result 2-stream instability. And nobody here considers this problem. But all claims: 10Tesla superconducting magnet, beta=1, number density 10^22. I doubt about beta=1 when instabilities occur.
And that is criticism.
When I say that you (personally chrismb) do not know magnetism and many other things that is not criticism. But only statement of fact.
>When I say that you (personally chrismb) do not know magnetism
>and many other things that is not criticism. But only statement of fact.

Joseph, may be it is time to move to the forum with really smart people; apparently this place is too dumb for you. Really, adapt to the reality and change the attitude if you indeed would like to contribute in constructive way otherwise it makes sense to look for another better place.

Regards,
Stefan

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

stefanbanev wrote:Joseph, may be it is time to move to the forum with really smart people; apparently this place is too dumb for you. Really, adapt to the reality and change the attitude if you indeed would like to contribute in constructive way otherwise it makes sense to look for another better place.

Regards,
Stefan
Thanks,
to be frankly I already do not need participation in any forum.
But as a few last years I sit at computer for long time, I used to go to this forum. Like cigarette – that is not good for health but many people smoke.
And here are smart people too. Not many but they are.
Any case thanks.
Joseph