Fusion Power Corporation

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

zDarby

Post by zDarby »

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

zDarby wrote:The pitch, as of Nov 2010: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2emKoMgZ03U
I do not understand the following.
I have a book - Russian translation of James J. Dudersdadt, Gregory A. Moses, INERTIAL CONFINEMENT FUSION written in 1982 in which at 222 page is the chapter devoted to Heavy Ions Fusion (HIF). So, the age of idea not less than 30 years.
There are supported by DOE HIF teams:
HEDLP: Heavy Ion Fusion Science
FESP’s HEDLP and IFE science research with ion beams is carried out in collaboration with Heavy Ion Fusion Science Virtual National Laboratory (HIFS-VNL) partners Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) and Princeton Plasma Physics laboratory (PPPL)
Status of Heavy Ion Fusion
fire.pppl.gov/fpa03_logan.ppt (PDF file downloading)

Yes, I also have read the following:
MBE-4 Experiments with Bright Cesium Beams
http://www.osti.gov/bridge/servlets/pur ... 002208.pdf
DISCLAIMER
This document was prepared as an account of work sponsored by the United States Government. Neither the United States Government nor any agency thereof, nor The Regents of the University of California, nor any of their employees, makes any warranty, express or iraplied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, orepresents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
But the document is dated 1991 (30 years ago) and the name of author is Thomas J. Fessenden.

What "exclusive rights" the new-born private company can have on this technology? Is there Mr. Fessenden involved?

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

I'm guessing they're talking about this. Filed at the end of 2009. Not granted yet. They also have a helpful diagram linked to from their website.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Ivy Matt wrote:I'm guessing they're talking about this. Filed at the end of 2009. Not granted yet. They also have a helpful diagram linked to from their website.
They proposed to utilize only one beam for inertial confinement?
If so, I doubt. As sure that Hohlraum (target) will simply fly away.

glemieux

FPC at HIF workshop

Post by glemieux »

Nothing big. Just reading through this link on this post at NBF I found this:

"We had participants from many laboratories, universities and companies: BNL, FNAL, GSI (Germany), LANL, LBNL, LLNL, ORNL, PSFC/MIT, MSU, PPPL, Univ. of Maryland, Technischen Universität Darmstadt (Germany), Utsunomiya Univ., (Japan), Fusion Power Corp., Vallecitos Molten Salt Research, and Voss Scientific."

Huh. Makes sense given Burke's background with LANL, LLNL and HIF research. Be interesting to see what they might have contributed to the workshop.