10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Giorgio wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:Isn't EON the company the NyTeknik says Rossi sold for several million dollars so he could develop the E-Cat?
I missed that news.
Do you have any link for it?
http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_m ... 123849.ece
The NyTeknik Article wrote:According to Rossi, the capital used on the project derives from the sale of the Italian company Eon, which he founded in 2003. Eon sold electric generators ('gensets') fueled by biodiesel produced from organic waste – a process Rossi developed in the 1980s that formed the basis for his company Petroldragon.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Funny, somehow I always thought that EON was a dead business he got rid of.
I am not sure if I read this somewhere or no. I'll investigate it if I have some free time, I am pretty curious about this statement.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Hi Andrea,
Could you tell us if independent testing of the 1Mw plant is already in progress.
Ciao
Malcolm

Andrea Rossi
September 13th, 2011 at 6:19 AM

Dear Malcom Lear:
Yes,
Warm Regards,
A.R.
Even though the pundits here claim there will be no demo this year.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Potentially a translation glitch.

"independent testing" ~ "testing of independent units". Hmmm???

ltgbrown

Post by ltgbrown »

Translation is a tricky business. When talking to someone who does not have a complete mastery of the language you are talking in, you must be especially precise and verbose. So, a better question would have been;

"Please tell us if testing by an independent organization of the 1 Megawatt plant, as a complete operating unit, is currently in progress."

Learning a foreign language teaches a person a lot about their native language.
Famous last words, "Hey, watch this!"

parallel

Post by parallel »

This doesn't add much...
Rossi: Independent Testing of the 1 MW E-Cat Plant Already Underway

Featured,
October E-Cat Demonstration,
Uncategorized

by Frank (admin)

Andrea Rossi continues to drop clues about his progress with the E-Cat, without giving away any really significant details.

Today he was asked, “Could you tell us if independent testing of the 1Mw plant is already in progress.” Rossi’s answer was, “Yes.”

No details of who is testing or where testing is taking place. This will no doubt cause a flurry of speculation — which we have seen already with the NASA rumours. I am sure if Rossi was pressed on the issue that he would decline to give further information. He seems to want to keep information flowing while at the same time keeping the lid closed on details.

Speaking of rumors and speculation, Daniele Passerini, the author of the 22 Passi d’Amore blog, and someone who has been close to Rossi and Focardi recently said that he has already seen two high definition photos of the 1 MW Plant (see comments in this thread: http://22passi.blogspot.com/2011/09/bre ... redda.html) Rossi has recently said on his site that photos will be released during September, so there might be some more evidence of this intriguing story to look forward to soon.

Whatever the final outcome, Rossi has proved to be masterful at keeping people’s attention.
http://www.e-catworld.com/2011/09/rossi ... -progress/

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

When talking to someone who does not have a complete mastery of the language you are talking in, you must be especially precise and verbose.
This is a uniquely american perspective and solution for the issue. Personally, I have found being simple and direct gets the best results.

The Turkish have a saying that when you learn another language, you find another person inside yourself.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Lived in half a dozen different countries and agree with Ladajo. Verbosity only helps if the local is receptive/articulate enough. Conciseness works everytime.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Looks like Rossi's earlier answer didn't mean what we thought. Maybe he was talking about modules.

Anyway...
Andrea Rossi
September 13th, 2011 at 3:02 PM

No, the plant is not yet ready. There has been a misunderstanding. The tests will be done in end October.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

New interpretation....
Hi Andrea,
"Could you tell us" .....

Andrea Rossi
"Yes, I could....(but I won't)"
:D

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

I just gave a quick look so I reserve to check it more carefully tonight after work, but it looks yet another test done in a hurry and with a lot of confusion.

A side note on the container.
The way it is now is not seaworthy and it cannot be shipped.
They need to remove all the plumbing that gets out of the frame and close all opening to be able to pass inspection and get a seaworthiness certificate, otherwise they might not be able to load it on a ship.
Additionally, if that container has to be in USA by october is already way too late for shipping it.

I'll post some comments on the experiment once I review it.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Giorgio,
I don't know why you are such a pessimist. You always assume that Rossi is an idiot and therefore is not capable to designing a shipping container and arranging for shipment to arrive at a certain date.

Crude tests or not, constructing 52 (27kW) E-Cats is a lot of trouble and expense to go to, to persuade non investors that it works. Yesterday he again claimed he had built it all using his own money.

Edit added.
I wouldn't be surprised if the government, through Customs & Excise, doesn't delay the unit for an unreasonable time, so they can prod around inside it.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

I think the most note-worthy thing here is the observed running in self-sustaining mode. ALthough the test shown was too short in duration and needs much more scientific scruteny, prospectively this is a huge deal as, if it can be sustained for an extended period, it will be the most direct validation of the reaction (whatever it is) to date. Near zero energy input, measurable thermal output.

This is much more difficult to fake. If the self-sustaining run time exceeds the energy that could possibly be stored in the sealed reactor body for the output measured, it will be hard to dispute that something profound is going on. If successfully demonstarated, this will set off a fury of LENR Research very quickly IMO.
Last edited by Kahuna on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

Giorgio wrote:Additionally, if that container has to be in USA by october is already way too late for shipping it.
It is? No possibility that he booked it in advance, or could use some sort of "expedited" shipping?

Also, I thought he was in the U.S. and was building it there.