10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Color me a bit confused or perhaps I missed something, but I thought it was suppose to be a 12 hour self-sustained test. What I'm reading is that they ran it for 4 hours then stopped it. Also, when they say self-sustaining, does that mean the heater is still being kicked on every 30 minutes still?

parallel

Post by parallel »

No one said the 12 hour test was to be all self sustained. The only thing you are missing are some memory cells.

stefanbanev

Post by stefanbanev »

parallel wrote:No one said the 12 hour test was to be all self sustained. The only thing you are missing are some memory cells.
ScottL>"I think Krivit was giving the distinct hint"
ScottL>"but I thought it was suppose to be a 12 hour self-sustained test"

Actually ScottL's main reference source is his "thinking" ability, I may say it exhibits quite an integrity in its own way... ;o)

parallel

Post by parallel »

the Delta T was 5°C for 0.6 cubic meters of water per hour. That 600 L/h, 10 L/min, 1666 ml/s. It indicates 3.4 kW if I have done my arithmetic right.
Rothwell Vortex

It takes someone like ScottL not to notice the dawn of a new era with the E-Cat working for 4 hours disconnected from the power.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

the Delta T was 5°C for 0.6 cubic meters of water per hour. That 600 L/h, 10 L/min, 1666 ml/s. It indicates 3.4 kW if I have done my arithmetic right.
166.7 mL/s actually.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

parallel wrote:
Rothwell Vortex

It takes someone like ScottL not to notice the dawn of a new era with the E-Cat working for 4 hours disconnected from the power.
One can infer from the previous info that a 12 hr test was going to be continuous. You caught me, I assumed. The reactions look promising, but we'll see.

Edit Note*: Most seem content with the results, at least one saying it isn't what it they say it is.
Last edited by ScottL on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

So, the initial reports do look somewhat encouraging. I will wait for more precise reports in the coming days that include the exact nature of the measurement setup and the results, etc.
So far so good though. It seems like they were done earlier than predicted. It is not even 23.00 yet.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Skipjack,
The E-Cat was turned off on schedule in order to cool down. The steam was reported to be 110C. It is now being disassembled and weighed. (Before and after)

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

The E-Cat was turned off on schedule in order to cool down. The steam was reported to be 110C. It is now being disassembled and weighed. (Before and after)
I thought I read that the end of operations was planned for midnight?

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

What we do know is that they ran it for 4 hours then shut it off to cool for 2 hours. Anyone who posted that skepticism would still be rampant was correct. Until we see the numbers, though, I'd be hesitant to add to it.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I am just saying that I am waiting for the numbers and the measurements. That is all.
I will reserve my final judgement until then.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Here are some NyTeknik Reports on yesterdays E-Cat tests:

TV: New test of the E-cat enhances proof of heat
http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_m ... 284823.ece

Test of Energy Catalyzer
Bologna October 6, 2011

http://www.nyteknik.se/incoming/article ... +%28pdf%29

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

If this is intentional fraud, then I just do not see what Rossi hopes to accomplish. He has got to know that even if he makes a little money in the short term, he is going to completely ruin his reputation, as well as the reputation of the scientists that support him. He might even have to serve some jail time.

Also,

Why didn't Rossi engage all three reactors in the E-Cat? You would think that would be much more dramatic.

The output of the water went into a drain. I think he should of set up a pool of cold water and circulated that through the heat exchanger. That way the pool of water would have heated over time and could also be measured. Bringing a large pool of water to near boiling would have made a better visual, as well.

nferguso

Post by nferguso »

Interesting test. Here are issues that the NyTeknik report and video raises in my mind.

1. Evidently no control test, e.g. without hydrogen, was run. So there's no baseline for the accuracy and efficiency of the calorimetry.

2. The position of the secondary output thermocouple suggests it could easily have been affected by heat from the primary steam input. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the test protocol wouldn't necessarily have revealed that condition.

3. The test unit was weighed with a bathroom scale. It was calibrated by a couple of guys who know their own weight. God, give me strength.

4. During the "assisted" phase of the test, heater power was about 2500 W. Output power was later calculated to be 2500-3500 W. Putting aside inefficient heat exchange and calorimetry, where's the 6X guaranteed power gain?

5. When the heater was turned off and test unit went "unassisted", there was little change in output power indicated, even though heater power and output power are roughly the same magnitude.

6. The deal for the 1 MW system fell through.

On the other hand, the test unit did boil merrily for three and a half hours with no significant input power. A certain minimum power to sustain boiling is implicit. I will leave it to others to come up with the sleight-of-hand ways someone might achieve that effect.

polyill

Post by polyill »

Why?! Why the output thermocouple was put, where it was put, touching the metal parts on the hot side of the heat exchanger?!

It looks as if he deliberately creates faulty setups. Why would he?!

[edited]

Yeah, we know this look...