10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

stefanbanev

Post by stefanbanev »

JoeP wrote:Oh, I don't know. Polywell?
It is a really bad joke ;o( not appropriate at all...

polyill

Post by polyill »

Maui wrote:
And Polywell could have worked as well. The target audience of such a scam probably would not put Polywell in a wholly different category than LENR.
IMO, polywell is a bit more credible, physics wise, as well as personalia wise.
I hope you're not going to compare Bussard & Nebel against Piantelli & Rossi.
Or US Navy against Defkalion.

Tech

Post by Tech »

sparkyy0007 wrote: I see a new demo coming...
Yes, he plans a new demo on the 28th of October - but Iam not sure if this will be the test of the 1MW plant or the Uppsala test. He stated, that he will release some info next week.

parallel

Post by parallel »

It's the 1MW plant

Maui

Post by Maui »

polyill wrote:
Maui wrote:
And Polywell could have worked as well. The target audience of such a scam probably would not put Polywell in a wholly different category than LENR.
Of course not.

I was simply meaning to say that a Polywell-like device could have worked comparably well to LENR as a vehicle for a scam.

I am not saying anything about the merits of the science behind Polywell or the E-Cat-- clearly, there is no comparison on that issue (both on the quality and visibility of the experiments)

nferguso

Post by nferguso »

And this is how it came to be!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3PmDeMHiuw

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:Rossi started out with several $million after selling his business.. He could have just sat back and taken it easy. It is really thinking out of the box to have a scam where you just use your own money.
We actually have only his word for this, so it might as well be not completely true or not true at all.

polyill

Post by polyill »

nferguso wrote:And this is how it came to be!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3PmDeMHiuw
Nice one.

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

nferguso wrote:And this is how it came to be!!!
This is in poor taste for this forum.
It's just more insults.
Last edited by sparkyy0007 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

stefanbanev

Post by stefanbanev »

Maui wrote:
polyill wrote:
Maui wrote: And Polywell could have worked as well. The target audience of such a scam probably would not put Polywell in a wholly different category than LENR.
Of course not.

I was simply meaning to say that a Polywell-like device could have worked comparably well to LENR as a vehicle for a scam.

I am not saying anything about the merits of the science behind Polywell or the E-Cat-- clearly, there is no comparison on that issue (both on the quality and visibility of the experiments)
Plus it promises a direct electric-output, LENR has no chance against Polywell, with no theory behind poorly controllable with low quality thermal output (still questionable if it works at all), no way LENR may prevail over Polywell which is based on ~well understood physics. Actually it sounds more solid to get venture money... rather to appeal to debunked P&F.

LENR has only one advantage in this regard: there is guy who claims to have an operational device (not a R&D prospect but the actual device) so anyone putting money-in expectedly should ask to test the existing machinery, if some investor fails to make such request or/and fails to test it properly before putting money-in then he deserves to lose money.

icarus

Post by icarus »

Polywell has got 10 million in grants already.

Who said it is not 'working'?

Edit: Of course the hot fusion machine is really humming ... billions upon billions in grants and still 'working'.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

icarus wrote:Polywell has got 10 million in grants already.

Who said it is not 'working'?

Edit: Of course the hot fusion machine is really humming ... billions upon billions in grants and still 'working'.
Is 10 millions enough for fusion experiments? If only the price of 2MJ 300kV capacitor bank reaches 20 millions $. Yes, Polywell should not run at 300kV but as I know at ~50kV. For reliability at high repetition rate that needs at least 100-150kV capacitor bank.
Working?
Provides breakeven?
And what is 2MJ? If taking into account real efficiency of energy conversion cycles real Q is equal to 2 and repetition rate is 1 Hz, this provides only 2MW of output power.

cg66

Post by cg66 »

I wonder if Rossi's "frequency" device is similar to Brillouni's "electro-magnetic pulse generator"

http://www.brillouinenergy.com/

If this is real I could see an absolute mess in the courts for many years to come. :(

Axil

Post by Axil »

cg66 wrote:I wonder if Rossi's "frequency" device is similar to Brillouni's "electro-magnetic pulse generator"

http://www.brillouinenergy.com/

If this is real I could see an absolute mess in the courts for many years to come. :(
The frequency generator(FG) is something new for the Rossi design and some say he got the concept from Defka​lion who invented this strange thing in the first place.

The function of the FG is not known but it is most probably used to increase the stability of the Rossi reaction which is a main design priority of Defka​lion.

It is not yet known how the frequencies produced by the FG gets inside the stainless steel reaction vessel to affect what goes on inside of there.

I would like to know what kind of wire(IF ANY) is used to carry the output of the FG into the reaction vessel; that fact would be telling about the frequencies of the the EMF produced by the FG.

Furthermore, if the Rossi demo was a scam, why would Rossi complicate his latest dog and pony routine by adding a new unknown to confuse his scamming message, and then compound the confusion by making an attempt to keep the details of the FG a secret.

This leads to the more general question of why Rossi would confuse his scam attempt by completely changing his design. This goes against my concept of how a good scam should be done. Just keep the scam simple and get the money quick on the way out of town.

This scam if it is one is taking way too long and is very confusing and convoluted which is against everything that a good scam should be.

nferguso

Post by nferguso »

sparky0007 wrote:
nferguso wrote:
And this is how it came to be!!!
This is in poor taste for this forum.
It's just more insults.
Or, it's just a joke. Chacun a son gout.